Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 78091 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:59:10 »

...and going back to this 'playing fatigued' thing...what's the actual benefit of it?? Taking it at face value, we now we're shit when playing fatigued. Great, lesson learned...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 17:00:07 »

But again, that doesn't explain us being total garbage right from the start of the game. If say, it was 0-0 until 60 minutes then Cardiff started to run away with it, then fair enough, I could accept that statement...

I agree mate. A bit odd to even mention it in the first place
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #692 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 17:25:03 »

I agree mate. A bit odd to even mention it in the first place
Unless it does actually mean something then. I am more inclined to listen to the sports scientists tbf.

In regards to the performance though it was really poor to be honest and weirdly i think like Conroy last season unfortunately Macdonald set the tone early on with some really poor passes and generally putting everyone under pressure. The good thing is that he can be excused as its his first game in a long time and he has had no pre season

More worrying for me was the midfield trio, i really do hope we don't see that as a prefered midfield this year
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 17:46:26 »

I can't imagine Williams and Gladwin both starting (m)any games this season...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 17:51:41 »

Unless it does actually mean something then. I am more inclined to listen to the sports scientists tbf.

In regards to the performance though it was really poor to be honest and weirdly i think like Conroy last season unfortunately Macdonald set the tone early on with some really poor passes and generally putting everyone under pressure. The good thing is that he can be excused as its his first game in a long time and he has had no pre season

More worrying for me was the midfield trio, i really do hope we don't see that as a prefered midfield this year

Surely a load of football fans on the Internet know more than sports scientists Shrivvy. You are so naive!
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 17:57:09 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 17:56:17 »

I’ve played over 150 hours of FM mate, I’m actually disappointed Scott is not on the phone to me now asking for my tactical advice. Whip those crosses in low pal.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 17:58:15 »

Did the new striker do much today? I can't remember hearing anything about him.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 18:01:16 »

Surely a load of football fans on the Internet know more than sports scientists Shrivvy. You are so naive!
I would just love a sports scientist to explain the point of 'playing fatigued'....we've supposedly done it twice and we were shit...no great surprise there... So what conclusions do they draw from this, how they do they learn from it and what do they do about it?

I'd genuinely love to know...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 18:02:29 »

Did the new striker do much today? I can't remember hearing anything about him.
You don't remember anything because there was nothing to remember Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 18:07:32 »

Bradford lost 3-0 to Chesterfield today apparently...they were obviously playing fatigued as well...
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 18:13:49 »

Yep. Anyone can see we are going down this season. Worst team in the League by a mile, with the worst pre-season preparation and worst tactics.

Wink
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 18:19:54 »

I'm not impressed with his interview others may disagree

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 18:21:27 »

I would just love a sports scientist to explain the point of 'playing fatigued'....we've supposedly done it twice and we were shit...no great surprise there... So what conclusions do they draw from this, how they do they learn from it and what do they do about it?

I'd genuinely love to know...

I don't think they are unfair questions at all. It would be good for clarification around what Scott is saying. I can understand why fans might think its a woolly excuse. Even more so if we rock up at relegation favourites Harrogate and are equally shit.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 18:24:08 »

Accumulated fatigue.
Maybe that is what Lindsey is referring to.
The serious runners on here might be more familiar with the concept, but there are benefits that can be derived apparently.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 18:26:42 »

arw we trying to be fitter than the other 91 league clubs😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: