Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 78902 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 13:23:36 »

Feel a bit for Lindsey as he ain’t gonna get a free pass from the fans like Garner did last year

That's football. Ruthless.

Suprised he's not even tried 4 at the back in preseason.

Jamie Day seemed in conversation a lot with Lindsey about on pitch matters. Good to see they are communicating as a team, though you wouldn't expect less I suppose
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 13:35:27 »

He’s also got the added pressure that we haven’t not won the first game of a season since 13/14 so a bit of pressure even on his first game in charge.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #647 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 13:38:55 »

Cardiff blatantly a much better side that we are, they passed some long balls into the areas we should but with success in completion of passes.

Its only on a sample size of 1 but this is what I saw.

We still struggle defending, Harries looked truly awful, Gladwin for me looked leggy and slow and gave the ball away too much.

McKirdy looked like his head wasn't in the game.

Reed and Williams did ok in spells but still Williams and Gladwin cannot play together for whatever reasons.

Brynn - lost confidence early after conceding and never recovered, was at fault for the 2nd goal with poor footwork but the ball from Harries was attrocious.

Hutton - for me hes not a defender and not a left wing back, so heavily right footed looked lost and not comfortable and was exposed a few times.

Shade - probably the pick of the new signings for me, looked big and quick and confident going forwards, struggles defending but took his goal well.

Harries - very very poor today, was at fault for 2 of the goals and constantly gave the ball away.

Brennan - doesn't look match fit and did some good defending but also was at fault for one of the goals, looks a little indecisive at times on the ball and sold our players short a few times with soft passes, better than Harries though.

MacDondald - reads the game well, got in a few headers and tackles but looks woefully unfit still, I am sure he will get much better in the next few games and is a threat from corners attacking.

Reed - looked eager but up against better opposition he looked a bit lost at times, still played ok though all things considered and grew into the game.

Williams - looked good on the ball but is still not quite fully fit, made a few forrays upfield and did ok for me.

Gladwin - looked fitter than he has but still got caught in possession at least 6 times in our own half, still looks like hes running through mud and some of his passing was really poor, I am afraid we wont get a consistantly good Gladwin back again even though he has some great touches and had one good effort. Overall I thought he looked weak.

Adeloye - ran around a bit, didn't often get close to the ball, had no service, difficult to judge as he had so little of the ball.

McKirdy - looked disinterested and like his mind wasn't at the races despite having a great chance when he chose to shoot rather than pass to Wakeling who was free with an open goal, typical Harry stuff, some good some poor some not interested.

Subs:

Baudry - easily my MotM in the end, came on and settled the defence again as he has done since April, has to start next week.

Ward - looked less shakey that brynn and got his hand to one of the goals, didn't really do much wrong and cant be faulted for either goal he conceded.

Clayton - looked like he know how to head and how to tackle but wasn't really given enough time so had so few touches its difficult to tell but he looks  promising.

Darcy - ran around, won a coupl eof tackles and ran with the ball, looks like a poor mans Payne, small lightweight but has some talent.

Khan - looked eager to chase everything, made one good run for a goal but didn't stamp his authority in midfield, still getting used to things and does look very promising, reminds me a lot of Amine Linganzi, I think he will do well.

Abu Kanu - came on and ran around a bit without doing much or getting much of the ball, looks like Dabre, impossible to judge on that.

Wakeling - remnds me a lot of yates, picks the ball up and runs with it, seems predominantly left footed and likes cutting inside, did well for the goal which must go down to him even though it took a huge deflection. Looks raw and not ready to start yet but a good option off the bench.

Disappointing result but with 2 obvious errors for 2 of the goals then it would have ended 2-2 Cheesy

No problem losing to Cardiff like that but 2nd half looked way better than the first half, I still don't like 3 CB's though but being we don't really have any fullbacks only wingbacks then I cant see the formation changing any time soon.

4/10 overall, some good, some bad, some shocking but by no means all bad.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 13:43:07 »

Anyone got the line up for Worthing game?
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 15:51:14 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 13:53:24 »

Cardiff blatantly a much better side that we are, they passed some long balls into the areas we should but with success in completion of passes.

Its only on a sample size of 1 but this is what I saw.

We still struggle defending, Harries looked truly awful, Gladwin for me looked leggy and slow and gave the ball away too much.

McKirdy looked like his head wasn't in the game.

Reed and Williams did ok in spells but still Williams and Gladwin cannot play together for whatever reasons.

Brynn - lost confidence early after conceding and never recovered, was at fault for the 2nd goal with poor footwork but the ball from Harries was attrocious.

Hutton - for me hes not a defender and not a left wing back, so heavily right footed looked lost and not comfortable and was exposed a few times.

Shade - probably the pick of the new signings for me, looked big and quick and confident going forwards, struggles defending but took his goal well.

Harries - very very poor today, was at fault for 2 of the goals and constantly gave the ball away.

Brennan - doesn't look match fit and did some good defending but also was at fault for one of the goals, looks a little indecisive at times on the ball and sold our players short a few times with soft passes, better than Harries though.

MacDondald - reads the game well, got in a few headers and tackles but looks woefully unfit still, I am sure he will get much better in the next few games and is a threat from corners attacking.

Reed - looked eager but up against better opposition he looked a bit lost at times, still played ok though all things considered and grew into the game.

Williams - looked good on the ball but is still not quite fully fit, made a few forrays upfield and did ok for me.

Gladwin - looked fitter than he has but still got caught in possession at least 6 times in our own half, still looks like hes running through mud and some of his passing was really poor, I am afraid we wont get a consistantly good Gladwin back again even though he has some great touches and had one good effort. Overall I thought he looked weak.

Adeloye - ran around a bit, didn't often get close to the ball, had no service, difficult to judge as he had so little of the ball.

McKirdy - looked disinterested and like his mind wasn't at the races despite having a great chance when he chose to shoot rather than pass to Wakeling who was free with an open goal, typical Harry stuff, some good some poor some not interested.

Subs:

Baudry - easily my MotM in the end, came on and settled the defence again as he has done since April, has to start next week.

Ward - looked less shakey that brynn and got his hand to one of the goals, didn't really do much wrong and cant be faulted for either goal he conceded.

Clayton - looked like he know how to head and how to tackle but wasn't really given enough time so had so few touches its difficult to tell but he looks  promising.

Darcy - ran around, won a coupl eof tackles and ran with the ball, looks like a poor mans Payne, small lightweight but has some talent.

Khan - looked eager to chase everything, made one good run for a goal but didn't stamp his authority in midfield, still getting used to things and does look very promising, reminds me a lot of Amine Linganzi, I think he will do well.

Abu Kanu - came on and ran around a bit without doing much or getting much of the ball, looks like Dabre, impossible to judge on that.

Wakeling - remnds me a lot of yates, picks the ball up and runs with it, seems predominantly left footed and likes cutting inside, did well for the goal which must go down to him even though it took a huge deflection. Looks raw and not ready to start yet but a good option off the bench.

Disappointing result but with 2 obvious errors for 2 of the goals then it would have ended 2-2 Cheesy

No problem losing to Cardiff like that but 2nd half looked way better than the first half, I still don't like 3 CB's though but being we don't really have any fullbacks only wingbacks then I cant see the formation changing any time soon.

4/10 overall, some good, some bad, some shocking but by no means all bad.

Spot on assessment, so hopefully Lindsey has the adequate eyeballs and noggin to set up the first 11 appropriately next week. If that 11 starts again at harro, no doubt a defeat will be the result.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #650 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 13:57:53 »

Spot on assessment, so hopefully Lindsey has the adequate eyeballs and noggin to set up the first 11 appropriately next week. If that 11 starts again at harro, no doubt a defeat will be the result.
If we can spot the weaknesses then I am sure Lindsey must be able to, yes Harrogate won't be anywhere near as strong as cardiff but it only takes one error of judgement to cost us a goal and if we fail to score then thats a degeat, even if we dominate possession and passing and "look the most likely side to score" its about goals in at one end and clean sheets at the other.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 14:07:59 »

Wouldn’t worry to much, we won’t be playing well established Championship sides week in week out. Roll on next Saturday.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 14:52:25 »

Worthing 3-1 Swindon so far.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 14:54:12 »

I didn't t see the game just hope that the Sandro isn't basing all signings on stats & data over what is actually needed to compete in league 2

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 15:03:52 »

A lot of people’s favourites for promotion, Bradford, are 3 down v Chesterfield.

So perspective guys. Perspective.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 15:05:47 »

A lot of people’s favourites for promotion, Bradford, are 3 down v Chesterfield.

So perspective guys. Perspective.

That's nice to hear 😀

Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 15:07:44 »

I worry how our 4 fullbacks (Devine, Iandolo, Hutton and Shade) all can't defend.

Then we have a midfield who don't really like doing the hard yards.

I predict we will defend set plays better this season but be far more vulnerable from open play.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 15:11:52 »

It's also strange hearing that McKirdy didn't seem interested as you would expect the opposite against a decent championship team and potentially in front of scouts looking at him

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 15:22:03 »

I don't agree with that statement. Had limited service and was carrying a knock that he was checking out at half time.

Could have squared instead of shooting? Probably. But no different to last year in that regard
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 15:23:45 »

Yeah much too much is being made of McKirdy's demeanour. I didn't see anything that I didn't see last year. I'm sure he'll be bang up for it next week.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: