Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon V Millwall Matchday Thread.  (Read 27441 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #225 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:57:17 »

Had to rush up to Swindon after playing a Sunday league game today. wish I hadn't bothered utterly utterly gutless not really any positives to come from today at all.

Time for Malpas to fuck off and take his shit coaching staff with him, who ever coaches our defence needs to be shot!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:58:04 »

This forum is becoming more and more like thisis every day.

I think people have a right to moan at the utter gash served up in our last 3 home league games.

STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:58:21 »

It's not his coaching staff to be fair...
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:59:00 »

I think people have a right to moan at the utter gash served up in our last 3 home league games.

Where's that fishing smiley..... Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:59:07 »

No fight, no passion, no idea, no points.  But yet again the team were only as shit as the support.  We have big problems at the CG, starting with the fans, fuck me, our support is fucking shit.
I'd agree with the rest of what you said, but disagree on this bit. When the team actually started playing a bit in the 2nd half, the fans did get behind them and there was vocal support. But it died out again when they went back into their shells. It's a two-way thing - you have to give the fans something to get behind. And there was far too little of that today.
flammableBen

« Reply #230 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:59:14 »

remember the feel good factor when the takeover was anounced ,seems a long time ago now. Crying

The relief is still there for me, even if we managed to get relegated (which I don't think will happen, malpas going or not)

Just doing my best to get the passion back myself. STFC will always be my team, but it's all seemed a little less important over the last few years. Absence makes the heart grow fonder for many, but for me the football is a bug that I'm struggling to get infected with again.

Back on topic, I'm in the see what happens group. If Malpas resigns; or Fitton pushes him; or both; or all three, then fair enough, on with the next manager. If not, then the growing negativity between fans, and against the team, is getting poisonous (to steal Spencer's word from another thread, 'tis a good decription). A new manager might solve the splits in the short term, I'm not sure it's the only issue though, especially with a fairly large spread of expectations we have amongst fans.

I suppose it can be all expected backlash when you consider how much the team has both over and underachieved in the last 20 or so years. You could throw a pin into a season over that time and end up with vastly different expectations for the team. Are there many other teams where you'd get such a huge variance?

And so onto the summary, if Malpas goes then he goes, if he doesn't then I won't be round the back of the Arkell's singing for him to go. I think that the negativity shown at the moment is more harmful than Malpas is as manager (results are results, but I don't think it's impossible for him to turn it around). And I think that surrendering completely to the negativity is a short term solution before other cracks in the support appear.

And after typing all that I've still got a nagging feeling about something, like I've missed something, or haven't convinced myself of something. Can't put my finger on it though.
glos_robin

« Reply #231 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:59:59 »

It's not his coaching staff to be fair...
Bollocks their all as responsible as each other.......

Our goalkeeping coach has turned to reasonable keepers into nervous wrecks, whoever does our defence must be blind and as for tactics, is there any?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #232 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:02:07 »

Our goalkeeping coach has turned to reasonable keepers into nervous wrecks, whoever does our defence must be blind and as for tactics, is there any?

Well, I can see what you're both saying.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:02:56 »

Excuses Excuses.  Whose to blame? Coaching staff? Malpas? Fans? Fitton? Rocking Robin?....
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #234 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:03:21 »

I'm not confident about getting a result at hartlepool their home form is quite good so far this season, will malpas survive another defeat on friday if it happens? i don't think he will.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:03:54 »

I do wonder how our 11 men in the box defending still somehow manages to leave a man free on the edge of it! But we could pick the bones all day.

I think I agree with FB, well the bit about not caring if he stays or goes, and that we'll stay up regardless.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:05:49 »

Bryne was Sturrock's youth team coach - Now Malpas's assistant, as asked by Fitton.
Williams was Sturrock's captain - Now Malpas's coach
Granville was Sturrock's goalkeeping coach (I think) - Now Malpas's goalkeeping coach.
Do you see where i'm going?
flammableBen

« Reply #237 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:06:15 »

I'd agree with the rest of what you said, but disagree on this bit. When the team actually started playing a bit in the 2nd half, the fans did get behind them and there was vocal support. But it died out again when they went back into their shells. It's a two-way thing - you have to give the fans something to get behind. And there was far too little of that today.

I know you're a bit of a n00b fan, but you must have been to games where the crowd gets behind the team no matter what and the atmosphere raises up and it's all ace. I know you can't do that every game, and I know my attendance has been a bit lacking of late, but when was the last time that happened at a home game?

It's definitely a two-way thing at the moment, and both sides are a bit broken. Why not as fans try to change the only side we have any control over. (Pot kettle black whatever)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:07:02 »

Bryne was Sturrock's youth team coach - Now Malpas's assistant, as asked by Fitton.
Williams was Sturrock's captain - Now Malpas's coach
Granville was Sturrock's goalkeeping coach (I think) - Now Malpas's goalkeeping coach.
Do you see where i'm going?

Malpas can't manage his staff?
sonic youth

« Reply #239 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:07:40 »

i've backed malpas but today i can't blame anyone but the manager.

foolish team selection, no substitutions, odd tactics, same defensive frailties - nobody to blame but the manager. it's the same every week with no improvement so something is lacking in training.

all of our players underperformed today, perhaps with the exception of paynter and jack smith. we didn't lack passion or fight as a team but senior players are letting us down consistently yet seem immune whilst ifil is dropped.

malpas doesn't seem to have what it takes. we ought to have built on a good away draw but we're just going backwards...this is reminiscent of the early part of our relegation season before king was sacked.

if malpas does go - and i don't think he will before christmas - then take the useless cunt byrne with you...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: