Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon V Millwall Matchday Thread.  (Read 27466 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:10:05 »

Didn't do too badly other than that though!
normy

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:10:26 »

They were mostly sluggish and lacking in constructive enthusiasm first half. Very few passing movements. Mostly long hopeful high balls to Paynter, who won few, and Cox who got none to speak of. Nalis was really slow and got caught often in possesion. MacNamee hardly got the ball. Aljofree seemed to relish giving Millwall back possession, either by lumping it to them, or out of play so they could attack again. Jack Smith was the only one really fighting to win IMO. Phil Smith and Aminkawha were sound. Morrison was good for his age and experience, but distribution was poor but there seemed little help for him to play short. A relegation type of display.
Second half was a bit better, with a few passing movements, and a lucky goal for us out of nowhere when we had some pressure, but they did not keep it up, and Morrison's long throws seemed to be our only dangerous weapon. The substitutes went on too late to have a real effect in my view.
Positives? J Smith, P Smith,Amankawah, score only 1-2 and not 1-3, and it is only early season yet.

ust be the oldest
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:11:24 »

Im a big fan of Jack Smith, think he did ok today but still made errors which could have proved costly. His attitude however is pretty damn good.  Pretty much told he could find a new club, but worked his socks off and has done ok so far this season.  There are a couple of others who could do with taking a leaf out of his book, Im not naming names though.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:12:30 »

P.Smith - Didn't have a lot to do, but did well when called upon. Looked a lot more confident
Amankwaah - I thought he did alright to be fair. Just a shame he has JP infront of him......
J.Smith - Poor Defensively, but okay goin forward
Morrison - I thought he did well today. Looked composed and good on the ball for the best part, and got stuck in
Aljofree - Far too many people use him as a scapegoat....Yes he isn't captain material, far from it, but he's solid enough
JP - Woeful...............Needs to be dropped and soon....
Macca - Couldn't get into the game at all, due to zero service
Nalis - I thought he was a lot better than Easton, and should have stayed on instead
Easton - Poor.....Haven't seen him have a good game yet this season....Just looked lost for the best part
Paynter - Worked hard, but had no support
Cox - Poor......No where near his usual self, and his work rate certainly wasn't there

All in all, a really disappointing game.......What has happened to our lovely neat passin we had goin on throughout pre-season and the first couple of games this campaign?

I've supported Malpas all the way so far, but he's had long enough at the helm now, so a change is needed and quick!

I'll still be buying the second half of my season ticket though Smiley

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:13:17 »

Im not naming names though.

Booooo...
JPC82

« Reply #185 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:13:29 »

smith was our best, not the best player on the pitch, hackett Easter graaben and their 2 central midfielders were very good today
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:14:28 »

20 minutes after half time aside we were gutless to the extreme and devoid of any confidence whatsoever.

I still maintain we have a reasonable squad, but they totally lack the bottle to fight their way out of it, they lack the confidence to play their way out of it.

I don't know what the answer is, but I know things can change in the blink of an eye and that blind faith is all I have.

--
oh, and I heard the GP results before watching it. grr.

Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:15:00 »

Woeful. No passion, no commitment, no tactical nous.

Nalis can't tackle, win the ball in the air or run and yet we kept him on the park for the whole game. Imho Peacock should have replaced him in the middle. I no some feel that Peacock just puts himself about aimlessly but at least he shows a bit of passion and can win the ball in the air which might have given us some possesion in the middle. I'd prefer to see Michael Pook out there over Nalis on that showing.

The players don't seem to really grasp what their strengths are, or play to those strengths in any way. Hopeful lumped balls up when the opposition has a pair of Centre backs that are 6'4" isn't going to get you anything.

On the positive side. I thought Morrison played well, J.Smith looked like he cared and Cox and Paynter did well. And I suppose not actively throwing the ball into our own net is a slight improvement over Leeds.

I won't chant against the team or the manager at this stage, but Malpas doesn't appear to have what it takes. I can't see Fitton sacking him, so we'll have to hope he does the decent thing and falls on his sword.

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:15:32 »

Booooo...

Because if I do then someones bound to bang on about using them as scapegoats!
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:15:50 »

It's about time for Easton and Timlin in the centre. I would drop Nalis.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
STFC Village

« Reply #190 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:16:08 »

I didn't chant Malpas out, but i'm certainly leaning towards not liking him. Very few positives today, JPM didn't start playing 'til someone had a pop at him (after an hour).

Morrison and Amankwaah did ok, Jack Smith was to blame for the 1st goal, though Phil Smith seemed slow off his line? Too many players along for the ride today.

Special mention for their left winger, he was far and away the best player on the pitch.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:16:31 »

We're missin that creative spark in the centre for starters. Nalis, Easton and Timlin are just far too alike imo...Zero creativity from our centre mids.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:18:59 »

We're missin that creative spark

We are missing any kind of spark whatsoever.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #193 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:19:42 »

So what do you guys think, do you think malpas will be sacked this week? or do you think fitton will bottle it?

Surely he cannot ignore the malpas out chants today and people saying they are not going to renew the second part of their season ticket etc?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 16:20:33 »

Special mention for their left winger, he was far and away the best player on the pitch.

O*ford though, so we can't praise him.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: