Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town-Official Match Day Thread.  (Read 26065 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 06:53:13 »

funny how when little old Cheltenham win we are always a poor side  Clap. I think you had two real chances one hit post and the other brown saved. Yates game plan worked not to play prity football but grind a result out. League two is a harder league than some think we have been back in this division two years now and it's not easy to get back out of.

I wouldn't say you deserved to win, as you weren't dominant. But I'm not complaining that you did as neither were we. Both teams were poor today.

I think getting promoted from league 2 is going to be a massively hard task.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 07:00:05 »

0-0 probabaly would've been fair. But then I can't really complain about us losing because we let them have a free header from a corner.
As has been said by everyone from manager to fans - we need the big CF, De Vita and Bodin are decent players, but I can't see them forging a partnership, not down here anway.
Cheltenham were poor, bizarre how the Cheltenham fan can't see it.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 08:39:30 »

Absolutely hilarious when he knocked the head off if its the same bloke?  Legend! Clap

Yes

He was just messing about, rubbing the mascots head, then the mascot slapped his arm down and he retaliated.. Fuck knows how he didn't get done for it.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 08:42:43 »

Yes

He was just messing about, rubbing the mascots head, then the mascot slapped his arm down and he retaliated.. Fuck knows how he didn't get done for it.
Me and mates laughed our fucking tits off. Classic.

MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 08:54:33 »

It was our first away trip as a team - so again a learning experience. Defensively we were pretty solid - Flint was immense - Caddis dangerous - Midfield didnt really get the ball enough as we tended to lump it - might have worked with a big centre forward but tactically not so well with 2 lightweight forwards.

Cheltenham were dangerous on set pieces - I think they will score against a lot of teams from these - and we got caught out from one of them -

In terms of sheer effort the players gave all they could and we lacked the big man up front because of the way we are trying to play - but we didnt deserve to lose and the ref gave all he could to Cheltenham - Bodin had a definate penalty not given for him

I wouldnt panic yet - its a long long season and I think defensively we are looking good - just need to sharpen that attack.

Also anyone criticizing Risser is stupid - he was immense - we are still settling down as a team and Di Canio learning as a manager - he is intelligent enough to learn from his mistakes yesterday and put it right.

I expect us to turn in a much improved showing at Dag & Red - hopefully we will get a better ref and a bit more luck

BTW Cheltenham is an AWFUL ground

I used to be Fatbury
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 09:08:05 »

I don't quite understand the complaints about Risser.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 09:36:58 »

I just thought he was anonymous. 
Dozno9

« Reply #277 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 09:48:55 »

I will take time for the players to bed in. I think the pre-season was fairly useless tbh with only the reading game a decent test and the first few games of this year will form part of that pre-season with Di Canio trying different players, different formations and different tactics trying to get the right blend.

At the moment the team is not even complete and there are several missing players due to injury or have not yet been contracted in. We have not got a settled team and although I didn't go to Cheltenham what I saw against Reading and Crewe leads me to think we have the makings of a cracking team led by a manager with all the passion and knowledge you would need to get us out of this division.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 09:57:52 »

It's always been the same. We go there and lose or if we are lucky get a draw. So I wasn't surprised by the result. I didn't go this time and i'm glad I made the right choice in the end.

It sounded like we lacked upfront. I think now is the time to play Connell from the start. He is probably the most likely of our strikers to score and seems to have more about him than Bodin or De Vita. Start him please Paolo. I think we are still far from complete as a side. We lack the big striker which hopefully we'll have this week. We need them to play alongside Connell as our main front 2. Out wide we've struggled a bit as Ritchie can get marked out of the game and we haven't had a proper LM because Esajas hasn't been fully fit. When Esajas starts games with Ritchie we'll be looking stronger in that department as well.

Not sure what the stick for Risser was all about. He's bound to take some time to settle in as I think is Devera. We saw this last season from Caddis as an example where he started slow but around about November time he really began to put in some good performances. I just wish our fans would give players a chance sometimes. I think once we settle and find our starting 11 outright we will begin to come good. It was never going to be a quick process where we were going to win shed loads of games with a new team of players that has to gel.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 10:26:39 »

I don't quite understand the complaints about Risser.
Me neither, he goes about his job in a professional way in my opinion.  Still settling in - as are the rest of the squad - we haven't seen the best of Risser or a lot of the others yet.  PdC has obviously seen something in him to make him skipper.  Sadly there are some - not having a go at anybody here - who delight in singling a player out for stick and a few others follow like lemmings.  If in 10 games time certain players are not playing to their capabilities I am sure the manager will take action, until then we would do best to support all the team to the best of OUR abilities.
Spencer_White

« Reply #280 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 10:27:28 »

What is it about Whaddon Road that brings out the worst in us?
Spencer_White

« Reply #281 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 10:52:03 »

I've taken their police numbers anyway. Shall be making a complaint. Nothing will come of it but it gives them more to do, fuck me around, I fuck you around.

Your story has given me a good laugh. I feel your pain at being treated like shit, but sometimes thats the way it is being a football fan. If youve got any sense you wont make it personal with the rozzers.

Another Town fan today was arrested for kicking a beach ball in the ground. He said they charge officer could barely read the charge sheet out for laughing so hard. He was let off, but thats a lot worse than your story (missing the game being in custody for 3 hours for kicking a beach ball). But no harm done, and like a good lad he took it on the chin and we had a good laugh about it.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 10:54:48 by Spencer_White » Logged
Ctfc Robin

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 11:01:25 »

You fantastic cretin.  

Stop sleeping with your sister and learn to read.  Enjoy Conference football you mong.

Coca Fola - I feel your pain.  I've got numerous stories from when I was 18/19 with treatment like that (there's probably a few stories on here) but then mostly it was deserved.  In fairness, you can't go into a pub and ask for their cheapest drink.  When you're talking pence, what does it matter?
Oh sorry pretty  Head Hurts. Ha ha sour grapes I see(this is not aimed at all Swindon fans just ones like this) did you get abused as a boy? Wake up mate you lost and apart from you hitting the post we had the better chances andrew free kick saved by smith Bennett header just on half time good save by smith and after we went 1.0 up Spencer could have put the game to bed but Fired straight at smith. Conference  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick:Dream on pal.d#ck head.
Ctfc Robin

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 11:08:08 »

It was our first away trip as a team - so again a learning experience. Defensively we were pretty solid - Flint was immense - Caddis dangerous - Midfield didnt really get the ball enough as we tended to lump it - might have worked with a big centre forward but tactically not so well with 2 lightweight forwards.

Cheltenham were dangerous on set pieces - I think they will score against a lot of teams from these - and we got caught out from one of them -

In terms of sheer effort the players gave all they could and we lacked the big man up front because of the way we are trying to play - but we didnt deserve to lose and the ref gave all he could to Cheltenham - Bodin had a definate penalty not given for him

I wouldnt panic yet - its a long long season and I think defensively we are looking good - just need to sharpen that attack.

Also anyone criticizing Risser is stupid - he was immense - we are still settling down as a team and Di Canio learning as a manager - he is intelligent enough to learn from his mistakes yesterday and put it right.

I expect us to turn in a much improved showing at Dag & Red - hopefully we will get a better ref and a bit more luck

BTW Cheltenham is an AWFUL ground
we a was both awful neithr team will go up. And to the other fan who say chelt are awful we won so give be 43 more of them. Pint
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 11:18:32 »

we a was both awful neithr team will go up. And to the other fan who say chelt are awful we won so give be 43 more of them. Pint

I think it would be stupid to judge STFC on one game - against our Bogey team of all teams.

We'll go up no problem, yesterday was just a set back - this league is shit.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: