Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth matchday thread  (Read 10419 times)
lebowski

« Reply #105 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 11:42:14 »

it's like a grannies meeting in here.

cheer up, we just won 4-1.
figgis

« Reply #106 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 12:01:28 »

damn right when they give us an hours overtime tommorow at Honda i'm going to thank them and volunteer to do 2 hours thats how great i feel. in all fairness if we get some confidence going and some belief we could hammer teams like bornmuff. it was a good 2nd half performance.lets hope we can kick on.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 12:48:01 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "chalkies_shorts"
Vincent is a class act. Is he good going forward - not really. Is he a great crosser of the ball - not really. Can he shoot - not really. can he defend - yes he can and bloody well at that. I'm a fan of Zaboub but Vincent really has got his work cut out with Zaboub in front of him. He's pretty good on the ball and doesn't panic. When he moved into centre half along side Ifill last seaaon he was superb.
I think he's one of those players that would be described as a player's player.

he's woeful going forward which is an issue because that's how sturrock likes his teams to play - with attacking fullbacks. how on earth can you say he's good on the ball when he can't control a football and the only pass he ever makes it a long ball down the left channel? if he was anymore one dimensional he'd cease to exist.

however, he played well at centre-half last season - the mind boggles.

Vincent, is that back line is the only player over what 24?

He's probably played m ore seasons professional in England than the rest of our back line put together today.

He's not great going forward, and he's not the most technically gifted football but he is very vocal and organises the defence.

Whenever we clear a cross or a corner you can hear Vincent telling them to push up.

The  vocal side is often underrated and is something Nicholas doesnt do at all.

What with Aljofree out injured, Vincents expirence is vital.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #108 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 14:51:11 »

Quote from: "DV"
He's not great going forward, and he's not the most technically gifted football but he is very vocal and organises the defence.

Whenever we clear a cross or a corner you can hear Vincent telling them to push up.

The  vocal side is often underrated and is something Nicholas doesnt do at all.

What with Aljofree out injured, Vincents expirence is vital.

I hate vincent, but you are absolutely right. Until Hasney is back he HAS to be in the team.

I thought minge was toss defensively yesterday. Bring back Jack Smith and surely Roberts has to start aswell?

Anyways, delighted with the victory - it almost feels like it didn't happen. Town don't win 4 - 1!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 16:13:22 »

Comminges was good i thought. Much better than Jack Smith. He is simply just more composed on the ball and he gets forward more. His crossing and passing is better and he made some decent tackles. I'd start him over Smith tbh.
eldene red

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 17:26:26 »

I would go with Comminges over Smith he gets foward more, Smith has not looked as good so far this season. He made some good passes yesterday and looked more skillfull.
Sheffield Red

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 22:23:50 »

Think the main reason Peacock looked pretty good in midfield at the end of last season was that he won lots of headers and tackles. However because League one is a better standard and the ball is not in the air as much he might be less effective. I cannot remember him heading the ball at Hartlepool or again yesterday (apart from the goal chance he was stretching for). He is therefore going to need to add other things to his game to make it as a Central Midfielder like running with the ball, incisive passing, and arriving late in the box.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 22:41:42 »

If I see JPM aim another free kick in a decent area to the back post for Peacock to 'win' in the air, I might have to attack both players. Drives me up the fucking wall as its completely pointless and never achieves anything.

Blackburn was poor positionally I felt, didn't think much of Comminges either. Mind, for me he's only really impressed against Brentford so far this season.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
red macca

« Reply #113 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 08:13:11 »

If we dont get a centre half on loan i would put vincent their otherwise i would not bother playing him.Easton and peacock were solid did not do alot wrong happy with that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: