Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth matchday thread  (Read 10459 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 19:19:04 »

I'll agree with that about blackburn. ran around like a headless chicken, commiting himselves for balls he never stood a chance of winning.

Things get better but they never get good
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 19:20:37 »

Major pointage for me in the prediction league  Cool I went for 4-0 so wasn't far off.

I thought first half we looked lost, Bournemouth ran circles round us and literally passed it in for their goal.

Anderton's just an old man and has completely lost it. Telfer the same.

Was very very impressed with Paynter today, aside from his hat-trick his all round play was brilliant and he held the ball up well.

I agree with DMR about Zaaboub, I thought he was fucking awful first half and only looked good in the second because we were winning. Also, Roberts should have come on a lot earlier.

All in all, a great win. Bring on Millwall.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 19:22:01 »

I see my 'Zaboub is shite and needs to be dropped' campaign is attracting new supporters.

I want Luggy to start with Roberts and MacGovern.

Loving the way the lads battled in the 2nd half!

It's All Good..............
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 19:27:39 »

Quote from: "herthab"
I see my 'Zaboub is shite and needs to be dropped' campaign is attracting new supporters.

Yes

I'd also like to join that club, and he can take those bloody gloves off for starters...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
figgis

« Reply #79 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 19:33:02 »

must say sturrock has the faith in zaboub like king had in gurney. he dont do enough to hurt teams. lots of effort no end product.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 19:51:53 »

Zaaboub should be dropped for the next game, he did little or nothing.

I didnt think Blackburn was that bad, I think its clear both he and Ifil need a 'leader' alongside them but I thought they did ok.

I like Craig Easton more and more each game, good skill, good touch, box to box midfielder and gets stuck into everything. 90/10 in their favour he still goes in. He covers every blade of grass. To me he's like a more technically gifted Turbo.

Long may he continue in the team ahead of Michael Pook!
Marston Red

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 20:27:50 »

Personally thought that Blackburn did ok for his first start, but have to agree that we missed Hasney as neither Blackburn or Ifil seem to be talkers.  I'm not sure why people think Comminges was so good as he scared the crap out of me defensively and the only time he went to cross it it went into Stratton Bank a la Shakes.  I'd go for a new Centre Half and play Blackburn at right back like he did for Morecombe.  We need to keep a clean sheet at some point!

Midfield looked better today although gave Bournemouth far too much space first half - particularly like J-P as he seems to love a tackle.  He must have put in more tackles today than Roberts did last season.

Bloke behind me didn't turn up today.  Presume its because Sturrock and Pook were dropped and he didn't have anyone to moan at.
West Country LaLaLa

« Reply #82 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 20:29:15 »

I thought after we scored the first goal we were awful. I was really hoping that commingues and zaboub would be subbed at half time, they were truly awful. Commingues didn't look like a player able to play at the back in the first half.

Surprisingly Sturrock didn't make the changes and Commingues seemed to improve, possibly got some of his confidence back with some better challenges at the start of the second half.
Can't say the same for Zaboub though, he's really annoying me now and could have picked up a petulant booking with some of the run ins with the Bournemouth players in the second half - plus he rolled around ridiculously on the floor when he was tackled one time. Needs to be dropped and Roberts should play instead. Mcgovern and Roberts would pose more of a threat IMO.

Paynter looked really good (if a little unfit in the first half), Cox - confident and the right kind of arrogance, worked hard. A good looking partnership forming here.

Thought Blackburn was solid enough, bearing in mind he was in non league footie last year. I would have played Vincent in the centre, Jerel seems to play better with a more experienced player alongside him.

I thought Easton had a quiet game by his standards, didn't get forward as much, does he have to over compensate his defensive deuties with Peacock next to him?
normy

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 21:27:06 »

Blackburn seemed to have an ability, or knack, of more often than not being able to clear to one of ours, instead of to one of theirs or the stands. Perhaps we have a footballing defender at last, unlike the old days of Heywood and O'Hanlon. Hope he keeps it up and matures with experience.

ust be the oldest
sonic youth

« Reply #84 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 23:04:20 »

i'm one of sofi's biggest fans but he was fucking terrible today, some of his crosses with his natural left foot were so bad i could do better and my left leg is for nothing but standing. absolutely diabolical. no effort either, so whoever said 'lots of effort, no end product' is only half right!

being dropped would probably give him a kick up the arse. he needs it.

disagree about blackburn, he wasn't as solid as aljofree has been but thought that despite a shaky start he found his feet and looked decent. i wouldn't rush to bring anyone in on loan when we've got him around.

vincent was shit again. how the fuck is he captain, he can barely cope with controlling a football.

peacock was poo.

paynter looks like a finisher which is exactly what we needed.

so, yeah. good result. zaaboub out and peacock out, roberts and pook/adams in.
deltaincline

« Reply #85 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 23:06:49 »

Can't believe the amount of stick Zaboub is getting. Sure, he was off colour today, but he's pure class when he's on form.

I think the gloves should be chucked in the bin and his sleeves rolled up in future. He needs to draw a line under the 'posy frenchman with attitude' persona or he'll be in danger of being tagged as the fans new hate figure.

Gotta have someone to hurl abuse at now that Pooky's gone, eh?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 23:16:12 »

I thought Paynter and Cox were both outstanding. Cox chased down everything and looked very classy with some touches. Great finish from him for his goal as well. As for Paynter well what can i say? Pure class. A bit of luck for his first goal and he was never going to miss that. But that was what he needed and he just got better from that point onwards. His second goal was pure class. Fantastic finish from what seemed a hopeless postiton initially. And his third saw some superb play from Cox who put in a great ball for the hat-trick finish.

Thought Comminges looked very composed and solid at right back. Don't know why people are slagging him off on here as it were because i thought he played very well and made some very good tackles. Zaaboub was poor first half but he got better as the game went on and was looking a threat towards the end. I thought Blackburn did OK but nothing more than that. You can easily see why Aljofree is so important to us at the back and i hope he returns swiftly.

All in all what a great win. Against a team hampered by injuries but none the less we won. And we finally scored more than 1 goal. Happy days.
sonic youth

« Reply #87 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 23:18:26 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"
Can't believe the amount of stick Zaboub is getting. Sure, he was off colour today, but he's pure class when he's on form.

I think the gloves should be chucked in the bin and his sleeves rolled up in future. He needs to draw a line under the 'posy frenchman with attitude' persona or he'll be in danger of being tagged as the fans new hate figure.

Gotta have someone to hurl abuse at now that Pooky's gone, eh?

i like sofi and properly rate him, he's a dangerous player on his day but he was fucking woeful today and deserves to be dropped as his attitude stinks. it's not so bad when he's playing well but if he's not showing anything worthwhile then he might as well be vincent.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 00:07:39 »

Minges was poor defencively today. Not a good choice over J. Smith imo. Zaaboub spends too much time falling over. Roberts in for booby. Mcgovern looks good as I silently scream "player of the season!??". Personally Paynter didnt excite me today, but a hat trick on home debut is happy days. Sam Parkin? Hmm... we shall see.

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 06:38:55 »

zaboub was ok, put in some dangerous crosses, the momentum of anti-zaboubness was gaining momentum throughout, sofi like roberts is an attacking player, who only needs to produce a couple of flashes of brilliance in a game. he has set up loads of goals already this season and even yesterday put in a few crosses that should have been finished (peacock for one should have got one in).

dont let it become easy to slate him, you will all end up as fucking miserable at a game as dave russell.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: