Question: Will You Or Won't You?
I'll Renew - 46 (47.4%)
Fuck That! - 30 (30.9%)
Haven't Got One Anyway - 18 (18.6%)
It's Gonna Be My First! - 3 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Renewing, Or Not Renewing?  (Read 12149 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 18:10:59 »

If i'm being honest I will be renewing. The simple reason for it is that basically I will more than likely end up going to games anyway as I dont really have much else to do with my time these days. I actually enjoyed L2 last season but that's not to say i will this time around. Really the decision to renew is based on financial logic. If you're going to go to more than 10 games then it's much better value in the long run to renew. For this reason I will. Even if i miss about 7 or 8 i've still spent less than paying on the day.

I have to admit though this is probably the season I have least enjoyed as a Town fan. Even 05/06 had some plus points to it like the win at home to Bristol City etc. And back then we were just shite on and off the pitch. I think given the circumstances of the club now it's been a real let down this season and I like many other no doubt am feeling very deflated by it all. Have to say the match day experience has gone right downhill as well. I just dont look forward to home games anymore because the atmosphere is shite more often than not, the pre-match entertainment and half time entertainment are shite as well. Even 4 or 5 years ago these were things that didn't bother me much. Having said all that we all experienced the way things turned around the last time we went down and like I said i enjoyed league 2 in the end because put simply we were winning. I'm not going to complain if that's the case again so i'm prepared to take the risk again.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 18:15:08 by Iffy's Onion Bhaji » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 18:12:54 »

Ugh... yeah I expect so.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 18:27:27 »

Renewing.

My ST price is good, even for L2 football and I'd rather be at the County Ground than listening on the radio, which is what will happen if I don't go.

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 18:33:23 »

Will renew next week.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 18:52:38 »

I'll probably renew, in the hope we'll do something decent next season.

Don't know how many more home games i'll bother going to this season though. Missing this saturdays to go to a gig in the evening instead, which is by far the flimsiest excuse i've used for not going. It's just not enjoyable at the moment. I know it will pick up sometime in the future though, and I want to be there when it does

Things get better but they never get good
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 18:53:47 »

Football is fickle always has been always will be and for that reason I'm not renewing next season...will buy a half season ticket though if we're top at Christmas.

1000 and out.good nite.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 19:16:22 »

I'll renew. I've had 40 years of watching this lot, another one won't kill me. I remember the Ken Beamish days and as bad as this is, its nowhere near as shite as then.
nochee

« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 19:35:41 »

No from me as I live to far away but on the odd weekend that I return I will pop in to see how we are getting on.

I do hope Julie Watts renews for next season tho  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 19:40:20 »

I do hope Julie Watts renews for next season tho  Smiley

Wink
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 19:44:46 »

Not for me..........will be picking and choosing,my passion has gone and just dont enjoy it.....will spend a little more and go to a few more away games.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 20:38:36 by leefer » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 20:00:05 »

Can everyone please stop using this godawful phrase "Matchday experience"? It's not an "experience", any more than we're "customers", it's supporters going to support their team. Sure, I'd prefer the food/programmes etc to be reasonably priced, warm-ish and available without queueing into half way through the first half but I've never yet come away from a match saying "Well, we may have won 4-0 but I have to say the whole experience was undermined for me by an inadequate choice of hot and cold beverages at half-time" or "I know we played like absolute shite and deservedly got gubbed but fortunately those dancing ponies at half time rescued the day for me and made for a thoroughly entertaining day out".

It's fucking football - whether it's enjoyable or not depends pretty much exclusively on what happens (or doesn't on the pitch). You can stick your experiences up your arse.

(not aimed at leefer, even if it was his use of the phrase set me off, as I suspect he no more goes for the "experience" than I do)
Spencer_White

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 20:14:06 »

With football you make your own matchday experience.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 20:24:37 »

With football you make your own matchday experience.

I dont think you do.

I have no control over whether Swindon win or not.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 20:36:00 »

Not renewing, but I've only spent 2 years as a season ticket holder anyway.  Not to do with the team, more to do with the restriction on seating and also sheer annoyance at people around me - I'm becomming rather nasty at games now in retaliation.  Think I need a little break or open the Bank for me.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 21:09:46 »

I'm renewing.

I can understand anyone not renewing after the shite thats been mostly served this season, but that's what you get supporting a lower league team.

I do think Fitton needs to put his hand in his pocket and get a manager in that makes that ones who are not sure about renewing, to change their mind, which Wise did when he was appointed. We need a similar appointment, and maybe appoint a 'big name' player who has just retired and wants to get into managing.

I still think we will get in excess of 3k, but we've got to get players who are going to get us out of L2 asap.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: