Question: Will You Or Won't You?
I'll Renew - 46 (47.4%)
Fuck That! - 30 (30.9%)
Haven't Got One Anyway - 18 (18.6%)
It's Gonna Be My First! - 3 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Renewing, Or Not Renewing?  (Read 12224 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 11:35:05 »

The saddest thing will be losing my seat that I have had for years and the people that sit around you that you get to know just through football.
Know exactly what you mean there. It's not the only reason I'm renewing, but it's certainly one reason why I keep the season ticket, to keep the seat, because of the people.

We are seeing diehards who've probably seen far worse times jumping ship now and that's very very worrying. I think it's because we seemed to have real hope and real prospects and it's just been wasted. Sometimes, having that hope dangled in front of you and snatched away can be worse than not having it in the first place
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 11:39:37 »

I am going to do a Flammable Ben and just stay in the Merlin then go home at 4.50  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 11:41:53 »

like I said

you're not the sharpest tool in the box are you ?

Wink
That's a bit harsh. The lad's not psychic. Even if a pink jumper does make him look a bit like Russell Grant
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 11:42:37 »

harsh but fair
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 11:43:34 »

If you arent renewing for money, family, time/work reasons, etc then thats totally understandable but if you arent renewing because its league 2 and we are going through a tough period then i dont get.

It all sounds a bit fair weather fan to me.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 11:45:03 »

I'll probably renew. Not 100% sure as I'm not certain to be living within a reasonable distance, but savings v matchday prices are significant enough to take the risk.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 11:47:23 »

Far far from it

I will reconsider my options once I see the football side of the club being run by a football man and not a business man
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 11:59:51 »

We are seeing diehards who've probably seen far worse times jumping ship now and that's very very worrying. I think it's because we seemed to have real hope and real prospects and it's just been wasted. Sometimes, having that hope dangled in front of you and snatched away can be worse than not having it in the first place

This is what I'm getting at. People who have seen worse times not renewing now. Very worrying if it turns out to be true.

If you arent renewing for money, family, time/work reasons, etc then thats totally understandable but if you arent renewing because its league 2 and we are going through a tough period then i dont get.

Up until 6 months ago I'd have agreed. But I finally now see what tips people over into not going anymore after years of holding a season ticket. Something inside gives up hope and expectation declines, then it all seems a little pointless going. Of course hope can be restored,  that is what is needed now
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:03:11 »

I'll be renewing, but only because it's a lot cheaper than pay on the day, even if I miss a fair few.

Looks like I'll be moving though, as no-one else around me is renewing.

It's All Good..............
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:10:34 »

Spot on.

If you're not renewing because you don't want to watch that level of football then you are no better than a Milton Keynes-based Franchise fan.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:11:25 »

Spot on.

If you're not renewing because you don't want to watch that level of football then you are no better than a Milton Keynes-based Franchise fan.
But Fred's already said, that's not why he's not renewing.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:11:47 »

Far far from it

I will reconsider my options once I see the football side of the club being run by a football man and not a business man

Obviously the ideal situation is to have someone who is who is a sound business and football man, unfortunately i imagine their arent too many of those around.

I'd rather have the sound business man then the football man on the basis that a chairman should be looking after the business side and taking advice from those in the know about football decisions.  Whether Fitton does that is pure speculation, i dont know.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:17:24 »

A yes here. Even as bad as it is now and the standard we'll see next year in league two, i won't stop supporting the club. The shower of shite we currently have will hopefully will be long gone and we can just hope we come straight back up.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:21:08 »

I've been a season ticket holder for a long time except when i lapsed it under the Diamandis Regime.

This season has been a total disappointment from start to finish.  I accept that players were bought in to improve the squad however the fact remanins that both striker & central defender issue was addressed too late.  I am well aware that it's not always easy to bring in the right type of player however what i don't accept is the length of time it has taken and still taking to address this situation.

I'm trying to think of reasons why i should renew but to be honest i am finding it hard too. For me the match day experience has been poor.  

The food is awful, the entertainment is awful pre match & at half time especially the Swindon Rockets.  

For a team who is fighting relegation why are we playing negative football?  4-5-1 at home is just wrong imo.  I know it's early days but i just can't help feel Hart was the wrong choice as Danny's replacement even if it was until the end of the season.

Player budget will be set on season ticket renewals for sure but other than that the Board really need to do now is give the fans an incentive as to why they should renew. I accept that season tickets remain cheap, but if the football's dire, the match entertainment is dire then how will this attract fans to come back?

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:24:28 »

Obviously the ideal situation is to have someone who is who is a sound business and football man, unfortunately i imagine their arent too many of those around.

I'd rather have the sound business man then the football man on the basis that a chairman should be looking after the business side and taking advice from those in the know about football decisions.  Whether Fitton does that is pure speculation, i dont know.

There is no reason what so ever that a football man could not take a position on the board at exec or non-exec level
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: