Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 137831 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 09:30:38 »

Why doesn't everyone just buy an under 19s ticket for £12? They don't really check at the turnstile
Because some of us are grown ups ! :-)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 09:55:06 »

Oh my life. 24 hours on and there's fucking pages of it.

Either go or don't, stop bloody whingeing

True....but it does go to show this is a massive oggy by stfc

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 09:57:49 »

It's not as big as some people are making out. Our fans are such drama queens.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 10:23:53 »

That statement is cringeworthy.
When have season ticket holders not come out ok ? The poor dears usually get a rough deal do they ?

The decision is nothing but a kick in the teeth to anyone other than season ticket holders. It's divisive and short sighted. It treats some whilst hitting others in the pocket. Everyone who attended that game, however they attained their ticket should be treated equally for the replay.
Excellent Comment.   Clap Clap Clap

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 11:16:05 »

Suspect she was put on the spot and didn't really have time to think it through.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 11:32:42 »

I wonder how many people who have really gone to town moaning about this, run a business? My guess would be none.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 12:30:48 »

I wasn't planning to go the reply but I am tempted to now all the moaners are complaining, might be able to get through a whole game without hearing 'FORWARD' now or someone complaining a out Rodgers being shit every 30s.

I don't think it's 100% right but this is what the club has decided after a freak of nature stopped play after 3/4 of a local derby had been played. If you don't like it don't go, there is literally no need for the toys to be thrown out of the pram like they have.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 13:08:21 »

I wonder how many people who have really gone to town moaning about this, run a business? My guess would be none.
Probably very few of the people commenting on either side do, tbf. I suspect some of the "Shut your whinging mouths" type comments for example don't come from people who run businesses that rely on members of the public as customers
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 13:48:04 »

I have run a business - my own business - and know there is such a thing as 'keeping a customer happy', I have on occasions worked through the night and on occasions when a problem has occured have done the job at a loss just to keep a customer happy.
Customers do not return if they are unhappy and sometimes in the long run it pays to take a smack on the chin - Believe me it pays - Ive been there and done it !!,
So as many others say - take a look at it Swindon, its the long term you need to look at, not the quick profit.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 14:06:55 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
lambourn red

« Reply #429 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 15:02:06 »

As I have said before being a Season ticket holder I would have been willing to pay nominal amount £10 adults / £1 for kids to subsidise the pay on the day tickets. I think Power has scored a massive own goal as things were just starting to turn around with some of the doubters waking up to the fact that we might actually have a decent enough squad to have a good season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 15:08:03 »

As I have said before being a Season ticket holder I would have been willing to pay nominal amount £10 adults / £1 for kids to subsidise the pay on the day tickets.

I'm sure there'll be someonre on here who'll take up your offer....might even encourage one of the no shows to go.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 15:14:32 »

Won't they make some money on the food sales? 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #432 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 15:16:09 »

Won't they make some money on the food sales? 
Jed? Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 15:29:57 »

To be honest when you think about it in detail I don't think the club will make much if any from this anyway.

Factoring in it being midweek so a 8k or 9k crowd at best (based on only 10k on Saturday) that gives about 4 or 5k pay on the day customers. Factor in OAP's, Children, behind the goals being £19 and we'll probably have an average ticket price of £13/14 at most and thus about £50k of matchday revenue.
Assumming the £14k for the police is accurate you can probably add the same again in stewarding costs, then there's the stadium costs for power (floodlights), staff etc and the fact we get nothing from catering and it all soon adds up to the point where we need to take in about £50k to cover costs.

Guess the club just deemed that the gamble of lower prices potentially not covering costs was too much for the club. Not ideal by any means but hardly a big cash cow for the club....

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 15:31:39 »

To be honest when you think about it in detail I don't think the club will make much if any from this anyway.

Factoring in it being midweek so a 8k or 9k crowd at best (based on only 10k on Saturday) that gives about 4 or 5k pay on the day customers. Factor in OAP's, Children, behind the goals being £19 and we'll probably have an average ticket price of £13/14 at most and thus about £50k of matchday revenue.
Assumming the £14k for the police is accurate you can probably add the same again in stewarding costs, then there's the stadium costs for power (floodlights), staff etc and the fact we get nothing from catering and it all soon adds up to the point where we need to take in about £50k to cover costs.

Guess the club just deemed that the gamble of lower prices potentially not covering costs was too much for the club. Not ideal by any means but hardly a big cash cow for the club....

Don't you be coming here with logic, it will decimate burning torch sales.....
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: