Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 606  (Read 4820 times)
Scot Munroe

« on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 21:24:29 »

Any of u lot listen to it on 5 live. Listening now on internet and spoony just had jason euell on the show and he confimed that he is joining boro from charlton. I have been listening to 606 for 3 yrs now and it is brilliant. A lot swindon fans have been on this season.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 21:26:53 »

yes just talking about ince signing as well

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 21:30:34 »

Without wishing to dampen your enthusiasm.....606 has been shit for some years....Spoony despite having a good name, knows more about golf than lower league football, being a classic example of the nouveau fan much reviled by Gazza's Fat Mate..

There was a time when it was started by Danny Baker circa 91 , when it was a surreal celebration of proper fans culture....Danny Kelly kept that going for a bit, but then the powers that be got scared and placed the dead hand of David Mellor on it.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 21:37:57 »

Baker was quality.

He had to resign didnt he for encouraging people to riot or something?

On the Ince thing I think Spoonface and he are pals.

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 21:42:09 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Baker was quality.

He had to resign didnt he for encouraging people to riot or something?

On the Ince thing I think Spoonface and he are pals.

Baker believed that the confrontational approach was best, and always said so.....so he was pro standing, pro getting into games pissed and pro the odd ruck on and off the pitch.

Spoony may well be a decent DJ, he was up the Studio relatively recently...I diin't go.
Amir

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 21:52:33 »

The only thing David Mellor was any good at on 606 was patronising any woman who dared ring up with an opinion on football.  I remember liking the show alot when Kelly did it, never listened to Danny Baker unfortunately.

Spoony I think is a bit of a plum really, when it comes to talking football.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 22:03:42 »

Quote from: "Amir"
The only thing David Mellor was any good at on 606 was patronising any woman who dared ring up with an opinion on football.  I remember liking the show alot when Kelly did it, never listened to Danny Baker unfortunately.

Spoony I think is a bit of a plum really, when it comes to talking football.

Mellor was a master of patronising.....just it was more obvious when he talked to women.

They should have given it to Michael Foot ....who would regularly turn up on the terraces at Plymuff games in his donkey jacket, with his walking stick.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 22:10:59 »

Spoony is a worse dj than pundit and that's saying something.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 22:43:06 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Without wishing to dampen your enthusiasm.....606 has been shit for some years....Spoony despite having a good name, knows more about golf than lower league football, being a classic example of the nouveau fan much reviled by Gazza's Fat Mate...
Yes Spoony's main qualification seems to be that he knows some footballers ... which is a world away from knowing anything about football. Bloke's an idiot
Dazzza

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 23:33:52 »

I always ask this but was anyone a fan of Danny Kelly's late night sports show Under The Moon show on C4?

Cracking program and had just the right balance of drunks calling in and footy.

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 00:07:39 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
I always ask this but was anyone a fan of Danny Kelly's late night sports show Under The Moon show on C4?

Cheesy hahah I knew you would ask that.

/
W56196272
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 08:19:59 »

Talksport is the way forward... Cool

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 08:37:31 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Quote from: "dazzza"

Cheesy hahah I knew you would ask that.

I really like Danny Kelly, he should be on TV/radio a lot more.

If you want 'red hot soccer chat' though, Mellor's your man Wink
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 08:53:10 »

The thing I always remember about Mellor's 606 was when a female would ring up

"Oooooh a laaady, who likes football, now tell me what is it you like about the beautiful game?" he would always ask in a very patronising way.

Danny Baker was class, can never be repeated, the thing about Baker was he wasn't scared of letting the caller have a good few minutes to get his point across, nowadays the caller seems to get about 10 seconds before getting interrupted.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 09:02:10 »

Totally agree with Reg - S606 is good in that it's better than talksport - but Spoony as a presenter, and chappers, are nothing on Baker and Kelly. Nothing at all. Spoony knows a bit about the prem, doesn;t everyone that reads the papers, looks online, watches sky sports news and reads FourFourTwo. A good presenter knows a lot about all the leagues and can identify with every fan...

Difference is, a caller from, say swindon, calls spoony., He'll ask: 'so what's going at at Swindon at the moment". With Baker and Kelly it would be, "So Wisey's doing a good job and isn;t it great Roberts has turned his lfie around".

Knowledge is key.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: