Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Borders Bookstore Swindon  (Read 10522 times)
stfc11

Ignore
« on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:04:25 »

I don't know if i'm allowed to post this on here, so feel free to delete it if needs be.

Borders in Swindon is closing on the 9th of August, and will become a New Look which is shit! So i would really appreciate it if you could please sign this petition which is hopefully going to make the Chief Executive realise he's making a huge mistake!

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/save-swindon-borders/signatures.html
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:08:09 »

If thats genuine then thats rubbish!  Swindon has virtually no decent bookstores (Waterstones aside) and already has a rather large new look in town - new look not being the greatest of stores anyway!  Why oh why could they not get a Zara for Swindon if anything Sad
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:10:09 »

Is about the one in the northern orbital?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:14:07 »

Thats shit!!

Things get better but they never get good
Talk Talk

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:14:40 »

Borders is nice to visit but way way over priced. You can get the same books in Asda (fiction), from Amazon or eBay (non-fiction) for a fraction of the cost.

The free market rules.

It is not a going concern.

Incidentally my good lady went into town this morning for the first time in a while and was appalled at how shit it has become. The Brunel Centre is like a boarded up morgue, most of the centre is bulldozed and yet we have loads of hoardings saying how great things are coming. Dated for 'Autumn 2008'.

Reality check time, the New Swindon Company. You're completely fucked it up you quango full of wankers.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:15:35 »

Is about the one in the northern orbital?

That is the only one I know of in Swindon (is there another?). I always pop in there if I am shopping at that development.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:18:49 »

Yeah the one at the Orbital Shopping Park.
It is over priced, but if you need a book you can't find anywhere else chances are you'll find it in there and where else can you browse through that many books!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:19:18 »

If thats genuine then thats rubbish!  Swindon has virtually no decent bookstores (Waterstones aside) and already has a rather large new look in town - new look not being the greatest of stores anyway!  Why oh why could they not get a Zara for Swindon if anything Sad

ZARA rules

FACT

The one in London is brill
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:19:53 »

We often go for a Starbucks Sad

On another note, Swindon needs something like 'The Brewery' in Cheltenham (restaurants and bars in one complex) - I think the old Renault building would be a great location, easily accessible and create plenty of new jobs too rather than the building being dormant and wasted.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:20:26 »

ZARA rules

FACT

The one in London is brill

It is indeed - we were due one as well.....
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:25:33 »

dare I say it but the one in Madchester is even better !

Come to think of it Madchester is better full stop

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:31:20 »

survival of he fittest.as already mentioned it aint that cheap in there.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:31:24 »

We often go for a Starbucks Sad

On another note, Swindon needs something like 'The Brewery' in Cheltenham (restaurants and bars in one complex) - I think the old Renault building would be a great location, easily accessible and create plenty of new jobs too rather than the building being dormant and wasted.

Good shout although something like that would make sense being closer to the town centre.
Moose

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:38:16 »

Its not just Swindon, just a sign of the times...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/borders-pledges-to-help-staff-hit-by-the-closure-of-five-shops-1742390.html
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 21:49:52 »

Ive never been there,infact ive never been to the orbital shopping centre.I mainly buy books from Charity shops or occasionly online.If Borders was an independant privatly owned shop being pushed  out by a massive chain id probably feel a bit more impassioned by its plight, but its a chain store on a retail park  making way for another chain store..who cares?

/
W56196272
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: