Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Creepy Crawley Official Match Day Thread  (Read 34133 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:22:58 »

You probably need to prep, you will have 42 more games like this, it is hopefully just that more turn out to be like Carlisle.  It is very clear you should expect exactly the same approach in every game, get it forward quickly, work off the front four, no fancy build-up.  Get in front, stay solid.  Today it unravelled a bit because Linganzi was taken off, it doesn't look anywhere near as effective whiteout two holding in the middle.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:34:52 by RobertT » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:27:22 »

Garbage. Taylor looked fucked after 5 minutes.

It's All Good..............
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:29:48 »

Onto the next one. Still been a decent start with two away wins.

Let's see what next week brings.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:31:10 »

I honestly didn't think Brophy actually touched the ball in the time he was on the pitch.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:33:08 »

I'm confused, it was pretty obvious with us top and them bottom, we'd lose.  However I thought Accy taking top spot might have changed it.

I said this game would be a good indicator as to whether we're making progress, and clearly we're not, as regard home form which has been wretched for a long time.

To put some context on how damaging this is... none of our 3 sides promoted from Div 4 have ever lost a home game by 3 goals. Notts County game now becomes massive.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:42:58 »

What a total disappointment, there are a few players who should take a long hard look at themselves!  Too many half-hearted performances for me, too many players hiding at times.  Management must also take a look at themselves, the substitutions were bizarre to say the least.  Once we effectively gave up the midfield there was only going to be one conclusion to this game.  There is a lack of creativity in the midfield and I don't think Norris and Woolery can play together.  In the first half there were a few times where Norris cold have easily played Woollery in but didn't.  Vigs is one player who can hold his head up high tonight! 
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:45:16 »

I'm confused, it was pretty obvious with us top and them bottom, we'd lose.  However I thought Accy taking top spot might have changed it.

I said this game would be a good indicator as to whether we're making progress, and clearly we're not, as regard home form which has been wretched for a long time.

To put some context on how damaging this is... none of our 3 sides promoted from Div 4 have ever lost a home game by 3 goals. Notts County game now becomes massive.

Reg, you of all people should know that the 5th league game of the season is not massive. [await stats on how the 5th game of each season has foretold the season's ending. Wink]
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:48:04 by RedRag » Logged
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:46:06 »

Strange game. 1st half we missed 3 clear cut chances and should have put the game to bedby half time.
I praised Flircroft for his second half substitutions against Exeter but today he got it completely wrong. Brophy for Woolery was baffling because if it was anyone who liked like scoring it was him.
As for Taylor he looked completely out of his depth when he came on.  I'm not sure how he's ever gonna fit in to the team unless we play a 3 man midfield.

Hopefully today's result will remove complacency and I'm glad we are no longer top as we go to shit when we are, rather we sneaked in at the end of the season
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:50:24 »

did Flitcroft not do a post match?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:52:08 »

oh and reg, you're going to have to explain the notts county being massive to me. I'd have thought Barnet was massive in terms of undoing today's damage at home.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:55:20 »

Disagree with anyone saying players didn't try.  They did, no different to the other games.  What today shows is that when we win playing this was it feels ok, when we lose it strips the style bare and it looks like a Saturday night kebabs leftovers the next morning.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:59:18 »

Heaviest div 4 defeat since when please Reg?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:59:50 »

Garbage. Taylor looked fucked after 5 minutes.
I was surprised that he came on at all, he must be massively unfit. It also appeared that he was told to sit deep and knock it forward and nothing else.

I'm sure we'll play better in other games and probably win games playing just as poorly.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 17:03:43 »

Heaviest div 4 defeat since when please Reg?
I'm going to guess at Hereford 4 Swindon 1 in 85/86. As we know, that season didn't turn out too badly Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 17:04:23 »

oh and reg, you're going to have to explain the notts county being massive to me. I'd have thought Barnet was massive in terms of undoing today's damage at home.

My mistake... think I had Notts on my mind due to their Friday game v Accy.  So yes, correction the Barnet game becomes massive.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: