Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Creepy Crawley Official Match Day Thread  (Read 34123 times)
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:46:35 »

Here we go again . Roll Eyes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:47:18 »

Flitcroft needs a few more new players it seems before the deadline this week.

Disappointing to say the least, room for much improvement.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:49:00 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:49:03 »

Disappointing but hopefully this is a real kick up the arse the side needs.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:49:56 »

My first game of the season and frankly bloody awful

Too many players similar, wrong subs

Will hold our own but he on the going for promotion based in this performance
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:50:25 »

Humiliating

We were ok up to the subs, since we have been crap
Hope he is man enough to admit he fucked up. We at least controlling the game before the subs, to effectively just remove our midfield and let them control the game was bizarre.
Flashheart

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:50:52 »

We lose and Bart makes an appearance. Fancy that!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:51:20 »

for a solid team that is going to nick games by a goal we sure don't actually sound solid.

I've only watched the Carlisle game though.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:51:59 »

Humiliating

We were ok up to the subs, since we have been crap

Definitely seemed to be the turning point.  We haven't remotely looked like scoring second half.  Clueless and out fought.
Not going to entice supporters back serving up rubbish like this.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:55:59 »

Well, that was grim. 2 trains, 2 taxis and a rail replacement bus to watch that shite.

Genuinely thought the first Crawley goal was such an anomaly that we'd still get a win but I couldn't have expected such woeful defending in the second half. Hussey's kicks were consistently awful, the referee was consistently awful but at the end of the day couldn't have lost us the game.

I usually find positives but I think I thought we'd improved a lot more than we actually have. There's a lot to do.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:56:28 »

for a solid team that is going to nick games by a goal we sure don't actually sound solid.

I've only watched the Carlisle game though.
Thing is they scored a fortunate own goal but we were relatively solid. Then he effectively removed our defensive midfield after 55 minutes and soon after put 35 year old Taylor in their on his own.  I'm just not sure what he was trying to do, almost felt like he wanted to go direct but forgot we need to defend and with few in numbers back there and no pace it was a recipe for disaster.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:56:45 »

Yep, don't understand why we took the pace out of the attack and the middle out of the midfield. After that, they ran through us at will.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 15:59:56 »

So, first things first, playing ugly has a downside, when you lose it is just plain ugly!

For those that haven't seen many of the games, that was about the same level of performance as the rest.  The difference being we went behind and then made a tactical mistake by bringing on Taylor.  However, anyone thinking we were shit, this is how we looked in all four previous league games.

Taylor in that formation won't work, ever.  We turned it into a basketball game in that 2nd half, so while we carried on as before looking for direct balls, Crawley now found a big whole between the two different parts of our team.  They exploited it to be fair to them.

No change in my opinion on the team, they'll still win more than they lose in this league.  If one of the early chances we had goes in then it is a similar game to Carlisle and Morecambe.

As per my comments on previous games, this is not going to be pretty.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:03:47 by RobertT » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:02:14 »

On the players, Lancashire was annoying.  He was a constant foul walking.  Play the ref, he should have learned quicker in the game to avoid little pulls and niggles.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:11:37 »

Dreadful fare in the 2nd half. Why on earth sub Woolery for Brophy - bizarre. If we are going to lump it up top then Smith should have been on way before 80 minutes. Yet again the lack in midfield was apparent. Taylor was dire.

Thought McDermott looked decent, but that's about it. Flitcroft doesn't need more players - he needs to have brought in some different ones. All too similar.

Shocking
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 16:19:43 »

No, he has brought in players to play a set way, so they are going to largely be the same in each position.  Taylor might be ok in a midfield three but not in a two where both wide players are forwards.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: