Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favourite Towns/Cities  (Read 10644 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:09:25 »

I love the Norfolk coast, Hunstanton is a great seaside resort and Great Yarmouth rocks for a night out.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:13:44 »

I must like Bath as, apart from the village where I grew up, I've never lived anywhere else for even half as long. And even now I'd only leave to go and live by the sea. Preferably in Brittany.

I've missed the boat in this life, but if I had my time again I'd love to spend my younger years living overseas: Moscow or Paris would be top of the list.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:16:07 »

Ralphy - I'm off there next week. Never been before so I hope you're right.
Lincoln is a great city as are Chester, Bath and York. For some perverse reason thats hard to fathom I also like Penrith.
Personally I find London a complete and utter shit hole that I avoid whenever possible. Luton, Rotherham, Rochdale, Stoke and Liverpool are also crap holes that should be nuked  -with the residents still there.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:16:34 »

Chipping Norton isn't a bad place to live.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:19:46 »

I don't really have one. No place I have visited in this country has really made me feel as if I wanted to go back there again...yet.

As long as a place has mates there that I can meet up with then that's pretty good in my book. This can include going somewhere with your mates.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:29:44 »

In the Uk, Cheltenham.

Abroad, Sitges is a lovely resort.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:32:06 »

Here, Stratford is very nice and good fun. I also like Birmingham. Abroad it'd be Hong Kong and Melbourne plus any Canadian city that isn't French.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:34:10 »

Stamford, Lincolnshire
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:42:31 »

1. Swindon
2. Toronto Ontario Canada
3. Dunedin Florida
4. Ibiza Town Spain
5. Bogota Colombia (lovely city if there was no kidnappings etc there)
cib

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:47:27 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"

The women in Chester are absolutely stunning and its postcard picturesque.  My old house was actually sat just by the city walls and I used to get to walk into work each day across them right into the city centre without a car in sight, which was magnificent.  The only downside is you get a lot of idiots congregating in Chester at the weekend from areas that are rough as old arse holes like Ellesmere Port and Blacon.

It's race days as well, you get quite a lot of idiots in Chester then as well as at weekends. Coming from Shrewsbury and further afield than Ellesmere Port, which is the arse end of North West nearly. But Chester is very picturesque, especially down by the river and along the walls.

Manchester is great place to live, love living here, just a shame i'm graduating this year.

But going slightly off topic, one place i hate going is Hull, been there a few times recently (and going again soon) with Uni cricket and i truly hate it.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:48:39 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
1. Swindon
2. Toronto Ontario Canada
3. Dunedin Florida
4. Ibiza Town Spain
5. Bogota Colombia (lovely city if there was no kidnappings etc there)

Good call, Toronto is ace
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:51:01 »

As a lorry driver i get about abit...the country i mean,with the weather picking up its a joy at times,was in Devon and Cornwall on monday...Wadebridge near Salcombe is stunning,the PEAK DISTRICT not to be confused with The Lake District is very underated...rivers and rolling hills just down the road from Nottingham!....but my favourite place is Loch lomond....and i will be there to watch the Scottish Golf Open hopefully with Swindons David Howell to follow round in July....and that is only 10 milesfrom Glasgow!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 16:54:37 »

Swindon for me. No other place comes close to my home town. That said i quite enjoyed going to Southampton and Sheffield seemed a pretty cool place when i was up there.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 17:25:10 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
I love the Norfolk coast, Hunstanton is a great seaside resort and Great Yarmouth rocks for a night out.
You must have gone on a good day/night Ralphy!!  It is really a crap hole, lived near there for 14 years and wouldn't recommend it!!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 17:40:25 »

ooo ooo loughboroughs ace too. And bude  Cool

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: