Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favourite Towns/Cities  (Read 10476 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 14:33:04 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "Batch"
Can also be a bit of a bugger to park in town.

can it ?

Wink  

Shit only just got that. Forgot about your year off.
DMR

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 14:36:54 »

Places I really for differing like include Polzeath, Taunton, Cardiff, Bishops Cannings where I grew up, Great Yarmouth and (dare I say it) Oxford.

Places that I loathe are Luton, Blackpool, Romsey, and most of all Bracknell and Basingstoke. Bleugh.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 14:40:02 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Can also be a bit of a bugger to park in town.

can it ?

Wink  

Shit only just got that. Forgot about your year off.

no worries mate !

Only 5 months left now !
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 14:43:20 »

Quote from: "DMR"
Places I really for differing like include Polzeath, Taunton, Cardiff, Bishops Cannings where I grew up, Great Yarmouth and (dare I say it) Oxford.

Places that I loathe are Luton, Blackpool, Romsey, and most of all Bracknell and Basingstoke. Bleugh.

Surely you mean Amisingstoke. It's a bit better now they have done up the centre, though a bit bland no more shabby than Swindon (but the people largely suck).  

Slough and Bracknell are worse. The concrete greyness of it all.
Glostered

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 14:43:24 »

Cardiff is a great city. Always have a top time whenever I'm there.

I definately agree with St Ives. Padstow is not bad either.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 14:48:07 »

Padstow, thats where Rick Stein has his restaurant isn't it.  Very small but nice cornish village all the same.
Glostered

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 14:51:55 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Padstow, thats where Rick Stein has his restaurant isn't it.  Very small but nice cornish village all the same.

That's the one.

Rick Stien owns about half a dozen different business's there. Quite a queit place, but a few decent boozers. Only about 15 miles from Newquay if you fancy something more lively as well.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 14:58:58 »

Ive been to Chester also and agree that it is dead nice. I have never really travelled much within the UK though.

I found Paris OK, but I found the parisians not to be nice people and I did not feel welcome.

Barcelona if found to be an amazing city, you could literally turn a corner and find yourself facing a huge colonial palace, very impressive but again the locals where not at all welcoming and where often quite aggressive towards me purely for being English or non-Spanish/Catalan.

I have also been to Seoul and it a similar story occurred, I went just before the World cup and the city was done up all nice, but the Korean men where a bunch of cunts, they would quite literally push me out of the way at times.

Three stereo-types that I have found to be to true (Generalising of course).

Nah-Trang in Vietnam is an incredible place, right on the beach with stunning scenery and the locals where awesome.

Phnom-Penh in Cambodia is a great place, it is completely lacking in granduer but the place has an buzz about it and the often anarchic atmosphere is more exciting than scary, and Cambodian people are amongst the friendliest (And intelligent) that I have met.

Singapore is one of my favourite places, it is a clean, attractive place and I think that I find it to be an Oasis of Organisation in a part of the world that is known for mayhem.

My #1 favourite place though:
It stinks, the climate is uncomfortable, the traffic is horrendous, getting simple things done is a challenge, the locals are lapsidasical and I often dismay at the way they do (Or not do) things. The locals however are very very friendly and incredibly welcoming, they love to have fun and have an awesome sense of humour, and there ALWAYS seems to be something happening.

These things for me make Bangkok the #1 place in the world to be. And the "Negatives" just seem to add to its charm.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 15:04:08 »

1, Swindon - bit obvious that one.
2, Torquay - always loved torquay since i was a kid.
3, Bath - such a pretty city.
4, London - there's something magical capitol city.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 15:13:22 »

Dawlish warren and dawlish are lush places!! I used to love waving to the train drivers on the walk to dawlish when i was littler

Things get better but they never get good
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 15:18:53 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"

3, Bath - such a pretty city.
4, London - there's something magical capitol city.

Oh, and those 2 as well.

Bath is dead pretty, and rather sophisticated.

And London is, well its London innit. Something that us English should be proud of.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 15:21:34 »

Quote from: "DMR"

:shock:  :negsy:

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 15:23:23 »

Dazzza

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 15:37:06 »

Agree 100%

I’ve lived with Chester and often visit York.  Both are magnificent.  

The women in Chester are absolutely stunning and its postcard picturesque.  My old house was actually sat just by the city walls and I used to get to walk into work each day across them right into the city centre without a car in sight, which was magnificent.  The only downside is you get a lot of idiots congregating in Chester at the weekend from areas that are rough as old arse holes like Ellesmere Port and Blacon.

York though has the looks, the hot women and a wicked friendly crowd at the weekend and a good range of decent bars to choose from.

One to add to the list is Stratford Upon Avon where I’ve also lived and once you get passed the tourists it’s a beautiful place.  There’s nothing better than going down to the river on a hot sunny afternoon in Stratford with a few beers and just completely chilling until you hit the rest of the Town in the evening.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 15:50:08 »

Have to agree about Stratford, an afternoon by the river is awesome!

Bath is among my favourites. It's an awesome place with great character, especially when its not full of Japanese tourists taking pictures of pigeons and pot plants. I think a lot of people take it for granted seeing as its just down the road from Swindon.

Having lived in London for the past 6 or 7 months I have to say it's a great place. Obviously it has its downsides, and I don't think I could stay here for a long time without needing some time away, but it really is just full of things to do and you can spend days just walking round.

Seeing as some people went off on a tangent talking about Cornwall and Devon, I'm going to add Snowdonia as a great place to visit. Possibly the most beautiful place I've visited in the UK so far.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: