Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 125169 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 15:39:58 »

Power can forget getting his hands on the Eady money to kit the new training ground out with.  They think he's a crook and have no intention of letting him near the money.
Obviously been reading the TEF and all the experts on here!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 15:48:07 »

I know you can avoid full accounts due to small turnover, wasn't aware it also prevented the need for an AGM? - Learn something new everyday!

Although the AGM's were a bit pointless in terms of doing anything...they did serve the purpose of preserving the history, and if you like the soul of the club as a community based thing.

It was often argued that they were anachronistic, being relatively expensive to set up for nothing really happening. Nevertheless I always liked the opportunity to quiz the top table, and see the whites of their eyes.

Now for me, the soul of the club lies squarely with the loyalist fans, the likes of Plowman and Banyard, and the loons I know who go every week, rain or shine and the dwindling band who turn up at the CG to  Doh at another joke goal concession.

Power has said fair and square his objective is to make money; the link between fans and club has now gone. I woudl suggest given the ageing demographic of much of the fan base, the club will not exist in 50 years.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 16:08:24 »

Although the AGM's were a bit pointless in terms of doing anything...they did serve the purpose of preserving the history, and if you like the soul of the club as a community based thing.

It was often argued that they were anachronistic, being relatively expensive to set up for nothing really happening. Nevertheless I always liked the opportunity to quiz the top table, and see the whites of their eyes.

Now for me, the soul of the club lies squarely with the loyalist fans, the likes of Plowman and Banyard, and the loons I know who go every week, rain or shine and the dwindling band who turn up at the CG to  Doh at another joke goal concession.

Power has said fair and square his objective is to make money; the link between fans and club has now gone. I woudl suggest given the ageing demographic of much of the fan base, the club will not exist in 50 years.

If your predictions had come true we'd have ceased to exist years ago.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 16:24:22 »

If your predictions had come true we'd have ceased to exist years ago.

How many years ago? 

We've been told at least twice in the last say dozen years, that the club has come within hours of closure, whether I predicted it or not. 
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 21:17:00 »

I just enjoyed voting against anything one particular regime wanted to do.  The looks I got from Sandy Grey were...nonplussing (is that a word?).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 22:03:45 »

Well it has now been stated in public and is now on the interest for all to see.....

The estates caveats make perfect sense, but thinking about the terms of the will its going to be very hard to meet that criteria whilst the club remains in private hands, taking the training ground as an example, even if the ground was owned by Swindon Town Football Club Ltd, that is essentially a subsidiary of Seebeck, which is a subsidiary of Swinton Reds Ltd.... going to be a legal minefield to sort that out and put the protections in place.

We might get a better idea what the training ground legal arrangements are when the golf course sale completes with the Land Registry and any long term leaseholds attached.

Maybe Power has got other investors happy to invest in a the golf course redevelopment than a football club or it might be tax efficient to keep the two companies separate. The questions to be answered are what will the club pay on top of the peppercorn rent such as ground maintenance, ground staff and improvements such as floodlights or 3G pitches.

It would be great for the Eady money to be spent on ground improvements for some lasting legacy. I guess on the ground front there is too much uncertainty around the SBC expired lease and doesn't Andrew Black have money due back if the ground is redeveloped. Maybe the Stratton Bank roof doesn't count as that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 10:19:31 »

Further to the debate on this thread....here's something

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/19/manchester-united-premier-league-fans-supporters-trust-deal

There does seem to be some contact between the club and Trust, but maybe a bit informal.....this proposal, would seemingly be helpful to our fans.  BTW it's not really much to do with ManU, and the relevant to us bit is at the top.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 16:57:23 »

Im suprised the club or the academy itself hasnt publicised this, shows the academy is developing talent whether that be for the first team or to sell

Not the club but from that other local news outlet

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/town-academy-duo-seal-derby-county-move/

Tweets from academy

Swindon Town Academy ‏@AcademySTFC  22m22 minutes ago
Congratulations: U16 @Jayden_bogle who has developed with STFC over the last 18months to sign for @dcfcofficial #development #Productivity

Congratulations: U16 @JaydenLawson7 who has developed through our academy from U7s on his move to @dcfcofficial #development #Productivity
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 17:00:42 by @mwooly63 » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 17:22:26 »

What about this media ban eh
DRS

« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 17:38:16 »

Don't know why but the congratulations tweets are pissing me off a bit.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 19:14:46 »

Don't know why but the congratulations tweets are pissing me off a bit.
Yeah, congratulations Jayden and Jayden for fucking off to some other Club. Well done  Roll Eyes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 19:15:16 »

Yeah, congratulations Jayden and Jayden for fucking off to some other Club. Well done  Roll Eyes

That's probably it Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 19:26:58 »

That's probably it Smiley

Won't it be congratulations from Power for all the cash they have raised him!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 19:27:53 »

My thoughts also.  What's there to celebrate here?  Why bother developing the Jaydi in the first place if they're going to clear off to a bigger club at the first opportunity?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 19:57:38 »

My thoughts also.  What's there to celebrate here?  Why bother developing the Jaydi in the first place if they're going to clear off to a bigger club at the first opportunity?
This. The sooner we get into this training ground & hopefully enter some sort of youth/reserve/development league the better.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: