Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 123919 times)
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 14:29:43 »

I meant in terms of being one of our contracted players not a loanee, hes young, hasnt been given any chances really but he is one of our own contracted players so couldnt we develop him
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 14:31:15 »

Bit different with a goalkeeper though isn't it, can't exactly sub them on with 20 minutes to go in the way you can with an outfield player. Belford's had chances in the cups and has never looked anything other than fairly average. I take the point on Cooke, Marshall, Randall et al, but don't think Belford really should be lumped into that conversation.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 14:33:47 »

A million from what? 2 kids? Since he's been here? Have you not listened to the phone ins? We are a club that has constantly been in the red, and you want to see an above the line profit asap. Get in the real world.

Are you suggesting we didn't clear in excess of a million profit from sale of gladwin, luongo, and Byrne sales and I guess play off final was a loss maker then.  Even taking loses into account we are forever been told it's being run on a sustainable basis.  Accounts should show healthy balance for last year for sure.  Of course we did invest heavily in wages this year, not.  Transfers in oh wait.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 14:39:47 »

Why Is it always users that begin with D in their name that invite my ignore button?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 14:43:04 »

So did we actually get any dosh?

The rules on young players were changed in 2011, very much to the advantage of bigger clubs....so, there are fixed fees for the length of time the kid was at a club, relative to the status of your academy, in other words the higher the status the more you get. Asssuming these lads have been with us for about 6 years, we could expect about 56 K per lad. That I think is for the lowest ranked academy and we may be the one above so perhaps into the 60K's.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 14:51:27 »

Why Is it always users that begin with D in their name that invite my ignore button?

This could be fun!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 14:53:53 »

What did donkey say Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 14:54:40 »

Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 15:01:48 »

Bit different with a goalkeeper though isn't it, can't exactly sub them on with 20 minutes to go in the way you can with an outfield player. Belford's had chances in the cups and has never looked anything other than fairly average. I take the point on Cooke, Marshall, Randall et al, but don't think Belford really should be lumped into that conversation.

Is a one off game in a weakened team what you would call a chance? The point im making is about players that are ours, ones we own rather than loanees, can they not be given a few games / run of games to develop and improve or show what they can do? I thought Marshall did quite well in the time he had last season, enough potential there to suggest he could be developed, likewise Randall.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 15:14:38 »

Maybe the management team think the loanee's are better than the youth players? Maybe they don't show enought enthusiasm on the training ground.

I think you are reading too much into it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #370 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 15:34:43 »

What, do you men to suggest that the management team might be choosing what they think is the best available team to give themselves the best available chance of getting positive results?

Madness.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 17:06:02 »

still reckon there are loanees we have to play, of not contractually then financially .

that would reduce the chances of our own players.

and no i don't know for certain
corner

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 17:32:08 »

I understand what Paul is saying, what happened to that ginger haired smith lad that scored a goal not so long ago? Vanished 
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 17:44:20 »

I understand what Paul is saying, what happened to that ginger haired smith lad that scored a goal not so long ago? Vanished 
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was out for a while injured?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 17:55:31 »

What did donkey say Wink

Titmouse.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 45   Go Up
Print