Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What a cunt  (Read 5582 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 20, 2008, 18:48:56 »

Honesty hour indeed.

If Malpas gets us winning games then we wont be in the shit.

Also if he gets us winning games he's doing his job and doesnt deserve to be sacked.

I think he's literally got 1 at most 2 games to save his job but would still love him to turn it around.

Fuck Malpas, Holloway and whoever us. I want US to turn it around. I want Swindon Town to turn it around and if Malpas does it and we have to keep them, then so what.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 20, 2008, 19:27:28 »

Yeah, but you cant cheer the opposition.

What if we go down by 3 points at the end of the season?

Face it, doing stuff like this and appearing a bunch of ingrates will only result in Fitton shortening his own spell at the club. Everyone's lost interest, not just you. Leeds was a bit of a breaking point for us. If you are a season ticket holder and you really are not that interested then dont go, you can afford to not go to 11 games a season with these prices. Remmember Fitton has reduced season ticket prices from £400 to £269.

We will only keep on having problems if Town fans keep pulling stupid stunts to get our way. Yes it was necessary 12 months ago, but that was different, the future of the club was at stake.

Like I said, I can see a real hammering around the corner. Oldham or Leicester look prime candidates to stick 4 or 5 past us. But il be there to take it like proper supporter. Not a spoilt brat, like a lot of our supporters have become. Keep some perspective.

I'm not saying I'm going to cheer the opposition and we aint going to go down....IF we get a new man in now....

Doing stuff like what exactly?? merely stating my opinion on a forum that prides itself on 80% bollocks?? and if you're stating you're going to be there like a proper supporter, why aint you going tomorrow night?? you said you're voting with your feet?? is that a stunt?? are you acting like a spoilt brat??

Fitton & co will only he here for the long haul if we start making progress on the field and I'm sure his 3 year plan doesn't consist of us getting relegated this season.
dell boy

« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 20, 2008, 19:30:09 »

The fans that go tomorrow propbably under 5,000 will make more noise than the normal 7,000 plus we've had in recent games.
I was going to boycott this game and then thought, stupid, I dont want to miss a win it is going to happen sometime.
Spencer_White

« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 20, 2008, 20:02:11 »

Hmmm. Youve sort of got me there. Im going but I will be leaving if we are getting beat. But thats the options that are open to Swindon fans. Dont go, Go and leave, or stay and support.

Lets just see what happens.

I would like to see Malpas gone. Is there anyone who wouldnt? But I dont think weve got the right to throw our toys out of the pram and try and force a change this time.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 20, 2008, 20:10:14 »

Just to clarify...my post was entirely tongue in cheek.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 09:02:12 »

With some managers I might have faith that if we start winning soon, that it was just a bad run of form and everything will bne alright in the end.  We had some poor runs under sturrock (admitidly not as bad as now off the top of my head) but I always had faith that he knew what he was doing and would turn things around. I dont know why I felt like that, maybe it was his track record, maybe it was his actions or maybe it was what he said.

I have no faith that even if Malpas manages to pull a couple of results out in the next few weeks that we wont end up in a similar run of form later in the season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 09:09:30 »

I have no faith that even if Malpas manages to pull a couple of results out in the next few weeks that we wont end up in a similar run of form later in the season.

Therein lies the major problem. Unless Malpas pulls a spectacular rabbit out the hat, and by that I mean an amazing fringes of playoffs type run,  there will be too many people waiting in the wings to have a pop at him for the slightest reason. The fanbase have lost faith. It's Andy King all over again and I'm not sure what he can do to placate that.

BTW I'm not having a go at you because I feel the same right now.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 09:28:52 »

Thats the trouble Batch it is like King all over again. In fact there are far too many similarities with our last L1 relegation season.

Manager who splits the fanbase?  check
Some decent players not reaching the level they should be at?   check
Lack of leadership at the back?   check
Striker scoring goals in a bad team?   check  (for fucks sake dont sell him)
Over rated goalkeeper?  check

I wanted Malpas to do well, but I just dont think that will ever happen regardless of how long he is given. The way I see it every week that goes by is dragging out the ineveitable and is a missed opportunity to have someone better at the helm
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 09:49:14 »

I suppose we can try and take the positives out of the situation

we arent broke like we were then, and I dont believe that Fitton & Watkins would go for an internal appointment
We do have a better squad than then, and we actually own them
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 10:05:28 »

And our away form shows we can compete with teams, even if some of it is a bit lucky.

Fuck it. The upturn starts tonight with a 2-1 win against Northampton, followed up by a 3-1 win against Oldham.  We will be uunbeaten by the time Leicester come and get their 4-1 thrashing.

The first strike in Project Positive has been made.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 10:09:04 »

Is Project Positive an offshoot of Operation unfounded optimism? Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 10:27:27 »

Is Project Positive an offshoot of Operation unfounded optimism? Wink

*sticks fingers in ears*

Lalalalala I can't hear you.
Colin Todd