Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Inquest  (Read 51380 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:03:56 »

For a team to finish 4th and lose 4-0 to the 3rd place team is pretty poor.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:09:09 »

well at least it was a record-breaking play off campaign!

Indeed.  Highest scoring semi final and I assume that was the biggest ever loss in a final?
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:11:44 »

Yesterday is history and the record books say it all, unfortunately it will not say it was an embarrassment as far as the Town are concerned.

This is where we will see how good Messrs Power and Cooper are at forming a new squad for next season, and I hope that their contacts are good enough to replace the probable decimation of the current squad. The most definite need is for a couple of more "experienced" players to add that bit of steel that was lacking this season.

I love the way we try to play football but as shown yesterday, grit and aggression is also required especially at Divvy 1  level.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:15:55 »

I don't see the season as wasted, although I completely get the point of view.

Power's business model is to take players, develop and sell on.  The business plan appears to have worked. We've got saleable assets in the squad, who we will now realise the cash for. The club has made good money from the play-offs too.

The aim was to put the club on an even keel. Financially, we should now have the funds to start putting the club on a sustainable footing and improving the infrastructure.  Now the absolute misery of yesterday is behind me, I'd probably take that over throwing money at player contracts whilst we get stuffed every Saturday in the league above. Develop properly and we could be in a position to give it a proper go in a couple of seasons, with the club set up to stay up.

I'm sure Power see's the season as a success and a vindication of what he's trying. The real measure of that for me will be what we do over the close season with the money we've brought in and whether we can continue to identify players that fit the business plan.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:17:39 »

Good post, exactly as I see it, and hope it pans out like that as well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:20:17 »

So so disappointing.  3 chances to get out of League 1 not taken in 6 years.  So what if they were 'good' seasons.  We're still stuck in League fucking 1.  Now it's back to square one and a complete rebuild is needed again.
The only good thing to come out of the playoffs was my youngest got to go to Wembley.
If it were just me, I'd rather have got hammered by Sheff U than shell out on yesterdays shite. I'm sick of not turning up at Wembley (but I'd still go if there is a next time).

I like Cooper, but am really not sure he's the man to get us out of this League. 

Disagree here, sort of. I'm not sure what we all expect. We have pretty tiny budget these days, for right reasons. I'm not sure we should expect to go up any more. He probably got us as close as we can realistically.

Said it on facebook, feels like as a club we are reset back to the pre-Fitton era now. A different model admittedly, hopefully slightly more financially sound, but one that doesn't allow much excitement expectation wise.

Not much choice in that really. I can see why people I regarded as die hard fans don't go much any more, it begins to feel a bit futile. Not quite there myself mind.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:22:37 »

I don't see the season as wasted, although I completely get the point of view.

Power's business model is to take players, develop and sell on.  The business plan appears to have worked. We've got saleable assets in the squad, who we will now realise the cash for. The club has made good money from the play-offs too.

The aim was to put the club on an even keel. Financially, we should now have the funds to start putting the club on a sustainable footing and improving the infrastructure.  Now the absolute misery of yesterday is behind me, I'd probably take that over throwing money at player contracts whilst we get stuffed every Saturday in the league above. Develop properly and we could be in a position to give it a proper go in a couple of seasons, with the club set up to stay up.

I'm sure Power see's the season as a success and a vindication of what he's trying. The real measure of that for me will be what we do over the close season with the money we've brought in and whether we can continue to identify players that fit the business plan.

That's all well and good and all true but it's a bit boring isn't it?

Whilst I understand that it's better to have the club on a solid financial footing that's not going to do much for the fans or get new fans in through the door. If anything that small time, happy to make up the numbers mantra will drive fans away. They want ambition and success.

This time yesterday no one was thinking....well, froma financial point of view this has been a successful season regardless of the outcome, good job all, well done....nope, we all wanted to get fucking promoted!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:23:56 »

To be fair Barnard that's not a bad take on things at all.

Not sure how we build though. I assume we will bring young players in for a couple of years like we did with Luongo, Kassim, et al. Obviously there is massive risk here, but it CAN work as it just has.

That said, wasn't it Jed who signed them all?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:24:54 »

Whilst I understand that it's better to have the club on a solid financial footing that's not going to do much for the fans or get new fans in through the door. If anything that small time, happy to make up the numbers mantra will drive fans away. They want ambition and success.

This time yesterday no one was thinking....well, froma financial point of view this has been a successful season regardless of the outcome, good job all, well done....nope, we all wanted to get fucking promoted!!!

Yes to all that DV.

But, there is no alternative is there?
REDBUCK

« Reply #99 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:28:48 »

I agree with Jo. You need to have something to show for your efforts at the end of the season, even if its "Oh well, at least we have something to build on next season", but with the way the Club is set up, as we well know it's going to have to be broken up and we start again from square one.

Yesterday's abomination means that the whole season was wasted.
I agree with Jo. You need to have something to show for your efforts at the end of the season, even if its "Oh well, at least we have something to build on next season", but with the way the Club is set up, as we well know it's going to have to be broken up and we start again from square one.

Yesterday's abomination means that the whole season was wasted.

Most seasons are wasted if they end in failure
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:44:53 »

I can't argue with that, yes it's boring.  I'm afraid I'm a bit boring these days.

Yesterday I was hoping, then dejected, then downright angry. I'm still angry at the performance. at 6:15 I wished I could have been anywhere else on the planet.

Carrying on with that anger and disappointment won't make me feel any better about it and won't change what happened, so I'm dispassionately focusing on the positives.

Personally, it'll change nothing. I'll be sat in my same seat come August. I have nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:48:00 »

Goals after first 23 games                                        44 v 22

Goals after next 23 games                                       35 v 32

Goals in last 13 games                                             21 v 25
(inc playoffs)

Audrey suggested other teams rumbled us defensively  - well they did but any other reasons? 

since 75

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:52:50 »

Gutted about yesterday,half expected to lose but not so comprehensively. Can understand the complaints about NT starting & he didn't look fit but it looked like his ankle not his hamstring to me. And to the family sat behind me screaming for Beckford to have his legs broken & calling the Preston number 24 'Dirty dreadlocks',have a fucking word with yourselves will you.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 11:17:03 »

Goals after first 23 games                                        44 v 22

Goals after next 23 games                                       35 v 32

Goals in last 13 games                                             21 v 25
(inc playoffs)

Audrey suggested other teams rumbled us defensively  - well they did but any other reasons? 

The loss of Louis seemed to coincide with our slump, none of our other midfielders seem to be able occupy the role he did.
Our ability to change in game also a factor too I think, when teams abusing the back 3 change the wingbacks to fullbacks or even a back four.
Try some long balls over the top, worked for plenty against us.
Just generally mix it up.

Can understand Coopers mantra of its his style and he is sticking with it but that's what became so predictable.

I don't think Cooper is the man to get us out of lg1 either. Needs a combination of grit and bullying, a reason Grayson has been so successful at this level
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 11:47:59 »

To the fella in the stupid flat cap who barked at my mates to sit down.. Yes I could see you had children with you (after it was pointed out) however the people in front of us were stood up so we couldn't see either, we did sit but may I point out that manners go a long way and a simple 'please' and non aggressive/confrontational tone would have been better received. To then use four letter expletives and get in one of our faces well and truly encroaching personal space in front of your children is quite frankly embarrassing, especially considering none of our group felt the need to swear back or even push you away. A shame you declined the halftime invite to discuss things further. As for what I can only assume were your parents.. They too as grandparents should be deeply ashamed for the way they were swearing and behaving.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: