Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Yeovil Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33145 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 11:47:48 »

Missed our 1st goal as I was having a piss in the Town End, so I won't be doing that again for a while! Managed to see it on FLS and Williams takes it well! I can add that to the 3-1 Win I saw to make it 4-1  Cheesy

That's why I no longer frequent the Town End.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 13:03:56 »

Swapping ends didn't help the atmosphere either - it seems away teams are swapping whenever they get the chance now, more so than in years gone by.

Used to have their own fans on the bank didn't they.

Just a concrete desert now!

Clems Army!
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 13:07:55 »

Yeovil fans claiming that Williams went over the top in celebrating his goal, one even saying he did it in front of them!!  Given the goal was scored at the Townend, that seems highly unlikely!  And it was certainly not what I saw, which was that he was quite quiet, although surrounded by celebrating Town players.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 13:11:51 »

Was very glad to get the chance of a quick conversation with Don Rogers on the 50th anniversary of his first game for Town.  What a gentle-man.  Was able to tell him how, as a lad in the late sixties/early seventies I used to stand and gaze through the window of his shop but didn't dare to go in because he was such a hero of mine and I didn't know what I would say to him!!!  Still running the shop after 44 years....
Dozno9

« Reply #229 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 13:13:35 »

Enjoyed yesterday apart from the 4th as I had a bet at 3-1 Williams first scorer.

As much as I gave Ward some stick when he first came he's looking better every game and Devera at centre back is superb at the moment and one of the most consistent performers over the past months, when he's played. I couldn't believe my eyes with him popping up on the left flank and delivering a peach of a cross left footed.

The defence is looking good again and with the new players I see a really decent push to Christmas with some difficult games.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #230 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 14:45:45 »

Enjoyed yesterday apart from the 4th as I had a bet at 3-1 Williams first scorer.

i had 3-1!! sods law isn't it!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 16:13:49 »

Used to have their own fans on the bank didn't they.

Just a concrete desert now!
I was debating this with a mate yesterday, I'm sure a couple of weeks ago I saw the ref ask Macca, and it was his decision to change ends. Maybe because we have been so much better after scoring first attacking our favoured end first half is our choice. Years ago it was a done deal at most grounds that the home team just chose their end and we always attacked the Town end 2nd half. Just a thought and If this isn't the case we must of lost the toss pretty much every week.
Coca Fola

« Reply #232 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 16:59:03 »

Good game...great result. Especially good to get rid of the Yeovil jinx that has been developing over last few meetings. Didn`t hear the DiCanio interview so perfect day......
We have a better record in the games than they do.
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 17:06:01 »

Years ago it was a done deal at most grounds that the home team just chose their end and we always attacked the Town end 2nd half. Just a thought and If this isn't the case we must of lost the toss pretty much every week.

You can always tell if you've lost the toss as you will be kicking off. I think all toss winners prefer to chose ends.

Funny you mentioned about Macca chosing to kick toward the Town End first half. One home game I'm sure first half we kicked towards the Town End yet the opposition still had kick off.  Hmmm
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 17:09:24 by Gerinthere » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 18:12:59 »

He needs to be asked on Twitter. I hate attacking the Town End first half!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 18:16:32 »

You can always tell if you've lost the toss as you will be kicking off. I think all toss winners prefer to chose ends.

Funny you mentioned about Macca chosing to kick toward the Town End first half. One home game I'm sure first half we kicked towards the Town End yet the opposition still had kick off.  Hmmm

If you win the toss you are only given the choice to choose an end you can't choose to have kick off
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 18:27:53 »

Automatic that the loser gets kick off then.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 20:39:43 »

Another aspect of yesterday that nobody has mentioned yet is PDC's decision to play Alan Mc at right back, and Devera in the middle, rather than the other way around. It has to be the right way around to play them both: Devera looked far more comfortable in the middle where he isn't made to get forward (ironic that he did for the 2nd goal, better than at any time whilst he was a full back), whilst McCormack has more opportunities to bomb forward and support Ritchie. It also balances the squad better: Devera is not a natural right back and I wouldn't be happy with him as the first alternative to Nathan Thompson. Having McCormack and Thompson battle it out for the right back slot and then Ward (agree with everything said about him on here - he was a rock yesterday), Devera, Flint and TAH battle for the middle makes more sense. Even if one of those 4 left, we've got a lot of cover back there.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 22:01:20 »

You're completely correct, thought at the time it was a bit strange.  I think it was the Scunthorpe game?
Dozno9

« Reply #239 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 22:06:48 »

I understand what you say Moonraker but I see TAH more as a midfielder than a centre back to be honest.  Suicide
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: