Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Yeovil Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32945 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 22:07:24 »

You're completely correct, thought at the time it was a bit strange.  I think it was the Scunthorpe game?
It looks like we may be going against traditions in that case, would still prefer to attack the Town end 2nd half but not at the expense of wins so I'll take it as it comes.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 09:02:18 »

i had 3-1!! sods law isn't it!

Yep and I had Ward as last scorer at 25-1. I was 'delighted' when Collins put that last minute goal away, and trust we will now win the championship by one goal difference.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #242 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 09:10:14 »

Good game, we were totally in control. Still can't see from the the highlights if the Yeovil goal was definitely over he line but it doesn't matter anyway. Totally forgot how shit the ref was until I watched the highlights. My personal "You Don't Know What You're Doing" moment of the week was when Collins had a double shot near the end of the second half and was flagged offside.

Genius.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 10:09:27 »

Great view of the first Collins goal (with Devera assist) here.

Really amazing cross, and Joe did a Macca-style run from CB.

He's come on light years since we signed him, just like De Vita. The number of great youth players in the team is also testament to Paolo's (and please let's not forget Paul Bodin's) efforts with training and drilling. It's really great to see. The thing at the club I'm most happy about is that we've not only got a good present, but are shaping up to have a good future too. I don't expect it to last forever, but when Di Canio does leave god knows we'll be in better shape than we were when any other manager of recent times left.

And unless we have been living massively beyond our means (which frankly, despite the sour grapes from other fan forums, this board would not allow- hence Wray leaving), there shouldn't have to be a firesale when Di Canio does go, meaning we retain our key players. Apart from Ritchie. I can see Di Canio taking him with him. He'd probably fit in a suitcase after all...
Flashheart

« Reply #244 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 10:13:00 »

There were some saying Devera is a non-league player and should never wear the shirt again after Villa.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 10:21:00 »

They tended to be people for whom that was their first (possibly only) game of the season.

Anyone who has seen him on a at least a semi-regular basis knows he is decent at this level.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 10:25:20 »

There were some saying Devera is a non-league player and should never wear the shirt again after Villa.

He's had his bad days, but so has Ward. He was fucking dire, much worse than Devera has ever been when he arrived.

People getting all worked up after the Villa match was fucking ridiculous. He's not a 'proper' Right Back (if that cross is anything to go by perhaps he should have been a bloody left back instead), and he was up against Premier League (albeit probably not for much longer) opposition. Most Championship, and pretty much all League One standard Right Backs would probably have not had the best of days against them.

I think Alan Mac and Thompson are the natural choices for Right Back now, and probably should have been after Caddis left. Still not overly happy with our left back situation, but then I haven't seen Jay Mac play much.
Flashheart

« Reply #247 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 10:27:23 »

They tended to be people for whom that was their first (possibly only) game of the season.

I saw it coming mainly from seasoned fans.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 10:33:56 »

Think he's come on leaps and bounds this season - playing alongside an old head in Ward won't have hurt either. Telling that it was Macca that played RB on Saturday rather than Devera.

Amazing given how crucial he was last year, but given a fully fit squad I don't think I'd pick McCormack in my first XI at the moment.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 10:45:03 »

Good game, we were totally in control. Still can't see from the the highlights if the Yeovil goal was definitely over he line but it doesn't matter anyway. Totally forgot how shit the ref was until I watched the highlights. My personal "You Don't Know What You're Doing" moment of the week was when Collins had a double shot near the end of the second half and was flagged offside.

Genius.

I agree that the ref was absolutely horrendous but I think in that situation Collins had his first shot saved and then his second one actually hit Roberts who had slipped and was lying on the floor, who was in the offside position.

But I could be wrong.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 10:47:12 »

I saw it coming mainly from seasoned fans.

That's quite worrying
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 11:06:33 »

I enjoyed the match on Saturday.

I was surprised how many times Ferry was the man getting on the end of balls in the box, making great forward runs, if anything I thought it would be Bostock doing this. That said, Bostock was calmness personified on the ball. He does look like he takes too long on the ball, but is very composed. One pass out to McEveley on the left where I thought he had taken too long and was going to get tackled just oozed class. When he gets fully fit, he's going to be a real asset.

Defensively we looked quite solid. Ward is proving to be a no nonsense player at this level who keeps things simple and with Devera, who also played well, they look like a good partnership.

Williams flick for the first to send him clear was superb and I thought Collins bust a gut for the side. He chased absolutely everything and deserved his 2 goals.

On another day we could have had 6 or 7 easily. The Yeovil keeper made 2 saves which were probably a little close to him and a good height, and there were a number of crosses which just didn't find a red shirt.

The only negative for me was Roberts, who although not terrible by any stretch, just has been a bit below expectation levels.

Looking forward to Donny Rovers on the 8th now!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 11:08:19 »

Devera was Barnet player of the year twice and fairly solid after a shaky start last year. Personally I don't think he has come on leaps and bounds, more that he's always been pretty good once he hit form.

The biggest "issue" was that he was a mobile right back and we lost a bit in attack with him playing there. Fair comment in my opinion.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 11:21:06 »

I agree that the ref was absolutely horrendous but I think in that situation Collins had his first shot saved and then his second one actually hit Roberts who had slipped and was lying on the floor, who was in the offside position.

But I could be wrong.

I'd agree with that in principle, although it might have been Martin rather than Roberts.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 11:45:04 »

I think Roberts will come good. He looked like he's been lacking in confidence lately and has had a stuttering start to his career here because of two injury lay offs already.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: