Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Yeovil Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33191 times)
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 09:37:24 »

Really enjoyed the game yesterday, good to see us back in form at the CG.

Devera deserved MOM, Ward was also very good. Thought Bostock looked very good again, he can really control a game.

Yeovil were shite, as was the ref.
kerry red

« Reply #211 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 09:41:19 »

Back in Calne and all is good in the World. Fantastic day. Must agree with a few others, the atmosphere was oddly muted in the Town End, hope this can be rectified.

Collins was the really bright spark today. Think he has lit the blue touch paper today and his confidence will have sky rocketed. Don't agree with Paolo that he lacked endeavour at times. He'd bust a gut for the cause.

12 pints, a designated driver, a good old sing song in Wethers, emphatic victory = good day had by all.

Onwards and upwards.

12 pints???

Amazed you saw anything!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 09:55:27 »

Johnson gave an honest assessment:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11729/8255641/
Johnson said: "We were outplayed, outfought and they were cleverer than us. The score was a fair reflection. Swindon were better than us individually and a few of my players did not turn up.

"A few home truths were said after the game and we will be training on Sunday morning to sort out a few things that need sorting out.

"We do not have the quality they had in front of goal. They are also more experienced than us and our youngsters have a lot to learn.

"Some of our players go missing when we go to the bigger places but we cannot change anything until January. We will get there in the end."
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 10:00:57 »

Their goal definitely crossed the line, can see it on the fls highlights.

A good foot and a bit over the line!

Clems Army!
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 10:01:38 »

Did not rate ward at all when he first arrived,but he has improved so much now and is first choice every time for me in defence .He is turning into a Gorden Greer mark2 which is what we have been missing.Devera also superb yesterday as he was last sat against walsall .
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 10:02:17 »

That explains it.

I was hoping ritchie wouldve smacked him when they squared up

Paolo was going mental at the fourth official after that challenge. Their guy didn't even get carded. I was just waiting for the punch up during that game. The way the ref handled it, you could see it comming. Lots of niggling fouls going unpunished.
I thought there seemed to be a lot of tension in the Townend over the expectation of a win but not knowing if we were going to get it after recent home performances. Second half I thought we would have all been a bit more relaxed about it.

My MOM was definately Ward. Had a stormer and dealt with the arial threat with such confidence. Best game I've seen him have this season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 10:02:40 »

But i thought they replaced Andy Williams Wink

Oh wait.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 10:03:31 »

Good game...great result. Especially good to get rid of the Yeovil jinx that has been developing over last few meetings. Didn`t hear the DiCanio interview so perfect day......

Bathtime
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 10:10:24 »

Why do our FL highlights always look like they've been recorded on a camera phone?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #219 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 10:26:02 »

Why do our FL highlights always look like they've been recorded on a camera phone?
Because the club had to sell the camera to get us out of the M'Bongo.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 10:51:45 »

A good foot and a bit over the line!
Was a good shout from the Lino, shame the ref had such a poor game. You could feel the tension yesterday so hopefully now Tuesday will be noisier.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 10:57:06 »

I thought there seemed to be a lot of tension in the Townend over the expectation of a win but not knowing if we were going to get it after recent home performances. Second half I thought we would have all been a bit more relaxed about it.

the ref certainly didn't help what with him stopping the game every time a yeovil player went down, every two minutes any sort of chanting was interrupted by groaning at the ref.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 11:31:14 »

Thought it was funny when they chanted what a waste of money williams was then he banged one in, av it. Also that bloody bell. First 15 mins it was hoofball and people around me including myself were frustrated at the prospect of another 90mins of shite football. Then we got the goals so at least we were winning. The ref for me helped us in a funny way as second half everyone was shouting more all be it at the ref. it was when the stadium was at its noisiest and Ritchie was having a ding dong with one if their players that we started to play some nice football capping it off with a great goal from Collins. I think we got a great chance of winning this league especially as it looks like we could be moving up a gear just at the right time. Martins looked great for me a big like a younger benson, held the ball up well and brought other players around him into the game and could have scored.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 11:43:21 »

Missed our 1st goal as I was having a piss in the Town End, so I won't be doing that again for a while! Managed to see it on FLS and Williams takes it well! I can add that to the 3-1 Win I saw to make it 4-1  Cheesy

#VivaKenBarlow!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 11:45:15 »

Paolo was going mental at the fourth official after that challenge. Their guy didn't even get carded. I was just waiting for the punch up during that game. The way the ref handled it, you could see it comming. Lots of niggling fouls going unpunished.

My MOM was definately Ward. Had a stormer and dealt with the arial threat with such confidence. Best game I've seen him have this season.

Swapping ends didn't help the atmosphere either - it seems away teams are swapping whenever they get the chance now, more so than in years gone by.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: