Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Franchise.  (Read 30493 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #180 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:19:47 »

today showed exactly why we're going down and will be playing in L2 next season.

We played well, we were the better team, we created lots of chances, we limited them to very few chances, we hit the woodwork twice, their keeper made some good saves

Bottom line is, we still didnt win.

Down.

I think you're right. That was a good game to watch and a vast improvement from Tuesday. As shit as Paynter was Tuesday he was good today and MOM for me. Cox, however, was crap. Kanu Robson was good and shit in equal measure and should have had 2 goals. I left the game thinking we were unlucky but again we shot ourselves in the foot by a simple defensive fuck up for their goal and missing chance after chance. It wasn't really unlucky, it was us gifting Franchise a point they did not deserve.
I think DV sums it up well - the reality is that we got one point from a game we dominated and that is only 2 points from the last 12. We are in seriuos relegation form.
flammableBen

« Reply #181 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:30:52 »

don't be cruel Sad

Archie is my second favourite Balamory character, it's not an insult.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:31:33 »

Archie is my second favourite Balamory character, it's not an insult.

Whoi is your favourite? Hoolie?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:36:45 »

I reckon, those teeth do it for me.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:38:51 »

Didnt go today.

Listened on the wireless...

Feel a bit deflated with it all.

Roll on Tuesday.......the start of three wins on the bounce!!

Clems Army!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:40:10 »

for once I agee with DV. We were dominant, should have by four or five but instead got one point and dropped into the bottom four. You can;t play that well and not win the game. That result today feels far worse than millwall, or leicester.

shame, today offered so much. morrison and greer looked superb and paynter was so, so good.

The same cannot be said for Nalis, who simply isn't good enough.

in other news: met some of the legends toay. Great lads.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:41:18 »

Kanu was/is not very good. No more than a league one player at best for him. That said, jemal johnson made him look like christiano Ronaldo!

Theres not a lot more to add really. We should have demolished them, nalis had a good game for once, and Sean morrison put in the best center back performance i've seen from a town player all season

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:41:56 »

I thought Nalis did well today, probably his best game for us.

Faded in the second half, what happened to Jack Smith today not even in the 16?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:43:39 »

Franchise fans singing "My garden shed" = laugh of the day.

Swindon fans telling the Franchise drummer to "shove it up his arse" in The Merlin was even better.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:43:51 »

Funny how we all see it differently!!  I thought Kanu was crap today and he should have been subbed, I am not a Macca fan but I thought he did much better today, actually got back and made the odd tackle.  Somebody has slated Nalis, I thought he put in a decent shift today.  Cox poor by his own standards, Paynter easily mom for me.  Not Brez's fault for goal, Morrison had the chance to clear and just lobbed it to the edge of the area, then the goal had an enormous amount of luck, ball going nowhere before it hit Wilbraham's outstretched leg.  Bloke next to me slated Akmanawah from start to finish, I thought he had a fair game.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:44:03 »

comedy, I thought Nalis was awful. two yards off the pace, contributed nothing IMO. Game just pased him by.

Morrison was superb, agreed.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:44:45 »

also, why the hell were Franchise seemingly time wasting from the middle of the first half whilst drawing 1-1 against Swindon?

They took their time over just about everything, in particular the goal keeper.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:44:57 »

That was a lot better today!  Probably the only players I could seriously fault were Coxy and Kanu!  Coxy played so deep for the entire match that Paynter was up front on his own. Kanu, could and should have scored 2 and wasn't having the best of games to be fair.  Timlins passing was a little off as well if being critical, but apart from that it was a good performance.

Macca looked like a different player, chasing everything down as well as putting in the odd tackle to add to his quality delivery, exactly the sort of performance that he should be putting in on a cold wet Tuesday night as well. (this statement has been included to keep his agent Adje happy Grin)

That back 4 is the back 4 that should start next season.  Morrison was absolute quality and with Greer alongside him talking to him he will only get better.  Manky was good also, and even though not as composed as Smith going forward, is a better defender which is the more important side of the position.

Paynter worked his arse off and Cox seems to want to play centre mid for some reason.

We need that sort of performance for the rest of the season if we have any hope of staying up.

On another note, does anyone have the email address for the stadium manager and Nick Watkins, I am pissed off about something and need to vent my spleen.

Thanks

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:46:18 »

i thought amankwaah played well.

cox was poor, always remonstrating with the referee. get on with it coxy.

paynter was immense. greer and morrison too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:46:44 »

....and the goal was clearly Brez' fault. If he'd have caught it then that would have been that. It wasnt even a high cross. You expect your keepers to catch those.

What makes his punching even worse is, he has shit punches than send the ball down instead of up and out
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: