Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Franchise.  (Read 30499 times)
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #150 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:10:15 »

I fear for us but i'm still confident, i think we will be lucky to get 1 or 2 points from our next 2 games.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:12:32 »

I cannot see us getting the points from the games we have left, for that reason I believe we will go down

I come from a land down-under
adje

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:13:29 »

What are the odds that by this time next Saturday we'll have 6 points in the bag from our trips to Colchester and Leeds.......

100,000-1

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #153 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:14:59 »

I don't think we have the luxury of being able to take the points on offer in games like today's as optional extras.  I see where you're coming from, but we would be clear of the relegation zone now if we had managed to put away another of our chances.  We didn't, and we've dropped down as a result.

My philosophy is that we can get 3 points today and drop all the points against lower opposition and go down. We need to beat the teams around us as priority.

Obviously you're right in that 3 points against everyone will keep us up though. Can't wait for the next home game, gutted I had to miss today's.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:17:28 »

100,000-1

I'll take those odds!!!!!!!!!!

Stranger things have happened......
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:19:24 »

I'm outside the catchment for BBC Radio Swindon (and too tight to pay for live match commentary).  What is Wilson saying now?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:24:39 »

Wilson said he was delighted with the performance, annoyed with the sloppy goal conceded, will score goals have to believe.  Might have the nod on a player Saturday or Sunday (dependent on Luggy being on the piss?).

Happy with Morrison (went off for cramp), Nalis did well.  Overall, if they continue playing like they did today they will okay.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:31:00 by Crozzer » Logged
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:29:49 »

Fantastic performance for the most part. But Simon bloody Cox missed an absolute sitter. Billy hit the post, Kanu somehow failed to connect with the header. Absolutely gutted we didn't get 3 points. Morrison and Greer were fantastic today, as soon as Sean went off with cramp we started to panic. Amankwaah was excellent as was Vincent. Nalis ran around like a headless chicken again, Timlin was good defensively, but his passes were pretty poor. We're in the relegation zone, and full well deserve to be there, but play like we did today, and we'll be fine. Knowing Swindon we'll probably play absolutely shite against the bottom clubs again though.

I saw many encouraging signs today, and I have far more belief than I did after the Cheltenham game. Was a bit confused as to why DW took off Macca and not Robson-Kanu, as I thought Macca was just starting to cause some problems. But we just managed to absolutely dominate a game against a very good side, and I'm delighted with that. Onwards and upwards...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:32:45 »

Well, a much improved performance but a poor goal to give away as MK pretty much created nothing else!  I thought their fans were poor considering they brought a fair few and illustrated the plastic-ness of their whole existence.

Anyway, we had such a ridiculous amount of chances and how Coxy missed his chance Ill never know.  That game sums up our season - just not our day.

Still concerned by our lack of midfield presence and still look far too complacent at times - a fresh body in midfield would be reassuring.

Not sure if we will stay up  -based on today I'd say yes but we all know how inconsistent we are and how one good performance means nothing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:34:34 »

Just as I proclaim Paynter should be shot and melted down for glue he does that. A clear MOM performance. Superb.

IT was a great performance all round, and I was expecting a defeat,  but it doesn't matter.  Brez should have done better for their goal IMHO. Cox and Robson-Kanu missed the clearest cut chances you can every have.

Brilliant, shit, indifferent, it's all about the points. And we have 1 when we could and should have had 3.

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:38:45 »

gutted with a draw as we desrved to win today.the back 4 were all superb,with amankwaa my mom.greer and morrison worked well together,vincent gave his usual no-nonsense display.but i was so impressed with amankwaa today,he really was superb.up and down the pitch,great pace and strength.and he dealt with both players who played left mid for mcdons. i slated both smith and ifil last week on here,and we looked so much more solid at the back today.

in midfield the two centre mids went about it well.both were decent i thought.kanu was good and always a threat.he has skills but doesn't over do it unlike the mostly anonimous macnamee who was bullied off the ball all the time today.kanu is also strong and even under pressure keeps possession,macca cannot do this.
paynter put in a good shift and took his header well.cox was poor today,played the sheringham role really, and the miss was a bad one.
also thought brez was poor as his flapping caused their goal.why doesn't he catch it like he used to?now he tries to punch it alkl the time and he either misses or the punch is weak.

as a team though it was pleasing, and if we continue to play like that we wont go down.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:43:12 »

Are there any stats anywhere that show which team has had the most players sent off from the opposing teams over the course of the season  I'd say we'd be up there somewhere.
flammableBen

« Reply #162 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:46:59 »

I quite enjoyed that today. Shame one of our numerous close chances didn't go in for the win.

Also

http://www.herecomestheboss.com/images/news/lg_balamory_archie.jpg
Sonic Youth.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:48:05 »

I quite enjoyed that today. Shame one of our numerous close chances didn't go in for the win.

Also

http://www.herecomestheboss.com/images/news/lg_balamory_archie.jpg
Sonic Youth.

Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:55:36 »

dead ringer!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: