Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ignore Button  (Read 28067 times)
DMR

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 02:00:49 »

Bye Dave!

Cheesy

Thank Christ for that Wink
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 08:13:43 »

Ooh someone's ignoring me!! I didn't realise I'd been that controversial  Cheesy

And nobody's even called me the c word since I've been on here

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Barry Scott

« Reply #47 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 08:23:36 »

I've found the setting that means mods can ignore and be ignored now, so mods can now be ignored and ignore. (For the record, us mods can see who is ignoring us - rockers no doubt - as well as everyone's ignore and ignored by lists.)

I want to remove the "Ignored by" count later, as I can see that bruising egos and will only cause hatred of the button rather than help convince a poster they might not always have everyone in agreement.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 08:34:42 »

I find it strangely disturbing that the only three posts i have chosen to ignore is by that prick Leefer.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 08:43:00 »

So if you do choose to ignore someone, and I probably will just do what I normally do in not read threads I wont have an interest in instead of ignoring someone. Can you unignore if you find out at a later date, they aren't as twattish as they first appeared?
Barry Scott

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 08:51:33 »

So if you do choose to ignore someone, and I probably will just do what I normally do in not read threads I wont have an interest in instead of ignoring someone. Can you unignore if you find out at a later date, they aren't as twattish as they first appeared?

Yep. Click it on me and you'll see my posts are replaced with some message about the member being ignored and the ignore button becomes an unignore button. Click the unignore button and you can continue to read my incredibleness. Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 08:53:46 »

I'll try it on someone else Barry, you're about the only one on here who makes sense.

How much am i being paid for saying that again?
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 08:54:59 »

Can you un-ignore someone once you've chosen to ignore them?
I want to test it our, but I may decide I want to read the same person's posts at a later date - they may come to their senses in a few weeks time!!  Wink

So you must be the one who is ignoring me then Sutton!!  Wink

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 09:04:26 »

I've found the setting that means mods can ignore and be ignored now, so mods can now be ignored and ignore. (For the record, us mods can see who is ignoring us - rockers no doubt - as well as everyone's ignore and ignored by lists.)

I want to remove the "Ignored by" count later, as I can see that bruising egos and will only cause hatred of the button rather than help convince a poster they might not always have everyone in agreement.

Booooo... i liked the 'ignored by count'... i was hoping, like Rob, for a league table!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 09:47:41 »

And now we can agree and disagree with posts? Looks like there actually is a use for this "Karma" thing that's been under my name on the profile for ages now.
Barry Scott

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 09:50:53 »

Correct Mr Nemo.

I'd been toying with idea of having some kind of rep thing. I've renamed the Karma to Agreement and it's working. I kind of hope things like this and the ignore button can go a small way towards making people chill out a bit and also voice/show their disagreement. (Although as it's currently without restriction, you could click disagree a million times and it would let you. Might not be the best idea ever...)

Edit: I've given it a six minute waiting period between giving or taking.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 09:54:06 by Barry Scott » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 09:53:51 »

the changes are turning the forum into a popularity contest.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 09:54:36 »

Correct Mr Nemo.

I'd been toying with idea of having some kind of rep thing. I've renamed the Karma to Agreement and it's working. I kind of hope things like this and the ignore button can go a small way towards making people chill out a bit and also voice/show their disagreement. (Although as it's currently without restriction, you could click disagree a million times and it would let you. Might not be the best idea ever...)

It's ok - you can trust us not to rig votes.  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 09:55:26 »

Haha I can only disagree with you barry once e ery six minutes Smiley
Barry Scott

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 10:00:50 »

the changes are turning the forum into a popularity contest.

Well, something has to be done arriba, I'm simply trying to do something.

There's a huge amount of bitching about numerous things and people are constantly deleting accounts and throwing their toys out of their prams, so to stay the same is not helping anyone. Fuck it, whinge away. I must be on my period.

Haha I can only disagree with you barry once e ery six minutes Smiley

That's alright, just set a reminder on your phone and keep coming back! Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: