Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: madrid vs arsenal  (Read 12205 times)
McLovin

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 15:57:40 »

Any English team bar Arsenal to win is what i hope for, as they may as well be a foreign club anyway.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 16:00:22 »

In Europe I'd say not Man United or Arsenal or Real Madrid or Barcelona and ideally not an Italian team or Bayern Munich too. I wouldn't mind seeing Liverpool win it again.
Spud

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 16:00:32 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Any English team bar Arsenal to win is what i hope for, as they may as well be a foreign club anyway.

Arsenal to win the CL and Spurs to finish 4th would be excellent.  
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 16:01:20 »

Can't say you're wrong there. Ooh but so are Chelsea and Liverpool. On that basis there are no English teams left in the competition.
McLovin

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 16:08:33 »

Chelsea have:

Cole
Lampard
Terry
Duff
SWP
Johnson

Man Utd have:

Richardson
Rooney
Smith
Brown
O'Shea
Fletcher
Neville
Ferdinand

Both of them use plenty of British talent, which means i prefer them to Arsenal.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 16:11:31 »

Chelsea have:

Cole
Lampard
Terry
Duff
SWP
Johnson

Man Utd have:

Richardson
Rooney
Smith
Brown
O'Shea
Fletcher
Neville
Ferdinand

Both of them use plenty of British talent, which means i prefer them to Arsenal.

Forgot about Man Utd tbh, they're probably the team that's most British. Chelsea have the players but never play more than 2 of them at once. Duff isn't British you spaz.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 16:13:21 »

Liverpool have Crouchy, Carragher, Fowler, Gerrard etc. Arsenal are the worst for foreign players.
McLovin

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 16:13:38 »

Oh yeah.  You get the picture though. Arsenal should have been fined the moment they had a completely foreign team.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 16:19:28 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Liverpool have Crouchy, Carragher, Fowler, Gerrard etc. Arsenal are the worst for foreign players.

I don't think Liverpool are much better than Arsenal tbh.
Spud

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 16:27:12 »

The thing that Arsenal are missing is an English back bone, Liverpool have Carragher & Gerrard, Chelsea have Lampard & Terry and even Spurs have got King & Carrick.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 18:08:17 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "oxford_fan"
arsenal would have been fine had they replaced vieira with a similarly experienced player.

If you put it that way it's easy isn't it?  

You lose a world class player who is the focal point of your team and you simply go out and replace him with another proven world class player and of course no other clubs will want to sign this player, the player concerned will only want to sign for your club and his agent wont be in the slightest bit interested in getting an auction going. (and Chelsea wont be waiting in the wings hoping to fuck things up)

Jeez, what's the problem!!!!!!!!!!!

You should pass your comments on to messrs Wenger and Ferguson who I am sure would be extremely grateful for your words of enlightenment Cool

As the great Homer Simpson once said, "by the way, that's sarcasm!"
it was pretty obvious that fabrigas and flamini were going to be a bit lightweight for central midfield in the premiership for the first couple of seasons and thats been a big problem for them, bringing in a soon to retire player on a free for two seasons would have tided them over nicely. players as good as gravesen were going pretty cheap (and they could have coped with someone not as good as him) and if wenger had anticipated the impact of his departure a bit better they could be challenging for the premiership this season.

didn't wenger himself admit that his departure hurt the team more than he expected?

all of this being said with the benefit of hindsight, obviously.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 18:17:12 »

I just think teams know how to play against Arsenal these days. The Premiership is tending towards a more defensive, controlled game.
DMR

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 20:23:26 »

Chelski down to 10 men... harsh mind
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 21:04:45 »

arsenal only did well as madrid attacked and gave them space. fuckers like chelsea, bolton etc know that arsenal need space to do they thang.

therefore real were either arrogant as fuck OR idiots

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 21:49:55 »

Get in there Barca!-Chelsea will be the death of English football.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: