Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: madrid vs arsenal  (Read 12171 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 01:07:21 »

Del Horno shouldn't have been sent off, as he was going for the ball and tried to stop himself once he went past it, disgusting overacting from Messi, pathetic diving cunt. Wink

I think Chelsea would have won again if it wasn't for that given their second half performance with ten men but even with one more player Barcelona weren't much better than them, so Chelsea do still have a chance but Barcelona are probably favourites now with the away goals. Hopefully Barcelona will go out next round if they go through though.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 02:56:08 »

never a sending off.

you do sound like a closet chelsea fan though bwb, are they your second team?

i cooked my dinner during part of the 2nd half but barca looked quality in patches. will be nice to see them on their own pitch, i'm sure chelski will give them a run for their money.

quality european football from this stage on, almost every match a blinder.
Spud

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 05:45:18 »

Mourinho was moaning about the Barca players diving etc but isnt this the same bloke who managed the Porto side that cheated their way to a Uefa Cup Final win with Porto against Celtic a few years back?, oh dear Jose failed to remember that one.  :-))(
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 07:26:59 »

well i don't think it was a sending off. it was just a badly timed tackle, which was over reacted by both players.

barca did look qualiy, but chelsea were backing off them too much at times, letting them play too much.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 10:52:53 »

Barca could of (and should of) had at least a couple more. The hand-ball by Geremi was blatent, and the rugby tackle by Terry on Messi (who was awesome) was a penalty too. He just charged through him and then fell onto the ball.

The red-card was deserved I thought, as Del Horno could well have been booked 10 seconds earlier when Messi made him look a fool for the 10th time, then he deliberatley bodychecked him, and then he rolled around pretending to be injured to avoid the red (like Essien v Bolton).

Chelsea did very well when down to 10 men, and Gudjohnsen was awesome. But I think Mourinho got it worng by going all out in the second half. He looked like a tit in the post match interviews as well.  was watching with Italian commentary so don't know how biased Andy Gray was, but I reckon Chelsea got off lightly against a better team and are still in the tie. It could well have been all over by now.

never trust a nun...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 11:40:32 »

Mourinho is unbelievable. He was moaning about Messi rolling around on the ground when there was nothing wrong with him but defended Robben for doing the same thing against Liverpool.

That sort of bullshit sickens me.

I personally think both players should have been booked for being poncy dago fucking drama queens.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 12:54:22 »

OST couldn't agree more, Mourinho's let himself down here.

- Porto v Celtic UEFA Cup final, Porto win after players diving all over the place for 120mins.

- Robben v Liverpool a couple of weeks ago

- Look at Del Horno rolling all over the place at the same time as Messi was doing it.

Mourinho's been on the other end of this sort of thing before (ie diving and getting away with it) and should be man enough to take the rough with the smooth.  His reaction shows what a bad loser he really is.  How he's going on about UEFA banning Messi is beyond me.
Spud

« Reply #67 on: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 15:53:33 »

Quote from: "timmyg"
Barca could of (and should of) had at least a couple more. The hand-ball by Geremi was blatent, and the rugby tackle by Terry on Messi (who was awesome) was a penalty too. He just charged through him and then fell onto the ball.

The red-card was deserved I thought, as Del Horno could well have been booked 10 seconds earlier when Messi made him look a fool for the 10th time, then he deliberatley bodychecked him, and then he rolled around pretending to be injured to avoid the red (like Essien v Bolton).

Chelsea did very well when down to 10 men, and Gudjohnsen was awesome. But I think Mourinho got it worng by going all out in the second half. He looked like a tit in the post match interviews as well.  was watching with Italian commentary so don't know how biased Andy Gray was, but I reckon Chelsea got off lightly against a better team and are still in the tie. It could well have been all over by now.

Spot on!, 2 Yellows make a Red in my book.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 21:24:52 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/dna/mb606/F2241566/ext/_auto/-/http://home20.inet.tele.dk/arsenalclips6/DHorno.gif

The first 'tackle' wasn't given as a foul, and perhaps influenced the ref for the second one, though the clip doesn't show the hack at Messi just before the body-check, and the consequent rolling around on the floorby Del Horno...

Red card for me. Should have gone for the first one.

never trust a nun...
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 21:28:05 »

I don't think the first one should have been given as a foul either, he's going for the ball and he gets it, nothing wrong with that. Again, the second time he's going for the ball and can't stop himself hitting Messi, a booking would've been fine.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 21:52:04 »

Here's the Arsenal goal:

http://x10.putfile.com/2/511629549.gif

never trust a nun...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 22:55:15 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I don't think the first one should have been given as a foul either, he's going for the ball and he gets it, nothing wrong with that. Again, the second time he's going for the ball and can't stop himself hitting Messi, a booking would've been fine.

You're taking the piss, right? You just missed out the  Wink at the end.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, February 24, 2006, 00:43:14 »

Not at all, he shouldn't have been sent off.
Spud

« Reply #73 on: Friday, February 24, 2006, 06:02:20 »

He didnt even go for the ball ffs!, and then rolled around like a cunt knowing full well he was in the shit for what he just did.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, February 24, 2006, 09:13:25 »

Not at all, he shouldn't have been sent off.

But you think there was nothing wrong with the first challenge, which would bring a yellow card 999 times out of a thousand and didn't on this occasion because the referee clearly suffered some kind of seizure at the crucial moment? There was NOTHING wrong with it?Huh?Huh?Huh??

You are clearly in denial for some reason and need help my friend.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: