Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo DI Canio..  (Read 5446 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 08:02:19 »

The 2011-12 season DVD is gonna have to be a boxset at this rate, including a PDC disc just for his antics and interviews!

We have at least stopped scoring goal of the season every week, so we'll only need the one disk for that.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 10:06:49 »

only if you spell it right Smiley

i was thinking the same
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 10:28:08 »

The 2011-12 season DVD is gonna have to be a boxset at this rate, including a PDC disc just for his antics and interviews!

With subtitles I hope!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 10:43:55 »

go to the hesburger, they'll listen to you there!

Amen. I love the Hesburger as much as I love di Canio...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 11:20:16 »

I have a Celtic fan at my workplace - they love di Canio.
Needless to say my tales of Paolos antics are keeping him laughing. He loved the Steve Evans one in particular

I come from a land down-under
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 12:54:05 »

Amen. I love the Hesburger as much as I love di Canio...
we should bring the franchise over, we could be the 1st club with a hesburger......

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 12:58:25 »

He'll need to take us up first...preferably twice, like Macari did.

Yep I agree, hes almost a legend already but we havent actually achieved anything yet, Macari is my all time favourite manager and it will take 2 promotions to get close to him, but add in a JPT win at Wembley and a promotion, no a Championship, and you will be getting close Paolo!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 13:08:37 »

Have to say that that I agree whole heartedly with those that say STFC needed the PDC injection to change culture and at the same time have to say the stars were aligned at STFC to allow him to have the free reign he has had with the club.

It is rare that a manager,  chairman and supporters identify what is needed to put things right and, more importantly, work to achieve this despite the niggly set backs that arise as a result. The stars were aligned for this appointment to work

Credit to JW for being brave in the face of a few voices of discontent over PDC's appointment despite losing sponsors and offloading newly signed players.  It's very easy to appoint a manager and say you believe he is the right person for the job but more difficult to allow him to dictate how the team is managed, especially when a major investment player starts to rock the boat - many chairman would have papered over the cracks and told PDC to get on with it.  Not JW, stood by his man and has continued to do so through out.

Credit to the fans, even those who rejected PDC due to their political beliefs.  We all have our reason for supporting our club and to sacrifice that for something we believe in outside of football is a tough call and not one I would like to have to make.  However i think it is clear that despite PDC's political views he has not brought those to the game but, like a seasoned politician, he has won the hearts and minds of many a supporter whose heart and mind had been destroyed from years of emotional and financial turmoil at the hands of former incompetent owners.

Credit to PDC.  Passion, honesty and structure.  Three things this club has lacked.  Never in the 43 years of supporting this club have I felt such a strong bond to the ethos being instilled here.  I have no doubt that as a player it cannot be easy trying to meet the demands of a manager like PDC but then I think that's how it should be.  Your place in the starting 11 shouldn't be decided on how much you earn or what deal your agent has put in place to guarantee your start.  It should be all about how you apply yourself to the objectives of the team during training.  Think you can relax during training? have the day off on saturday instead.  Paolo will tell you, this is about Swindon the team not the individual glory seeker.

Credit to good fortune... everything was in place to allow Paolo to have complete control and rebuild from the bottom up. It's doubtful another manager will get his opportunity again, not just here but anywhere. We were a club that was at the bottom of the barrel. We needed cultural change and we needed a manager who was strong enough to drive that and a chairman who was prepared to accept and promote it regardless of the risk - we got that and long may it continue.

If fans ever needed an excuse to come back and watch the town week in week out then Saturday was it.  If that didn't reignite the flame then I don't know what will.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 13:46:54 »

TLDR
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 13:52:02 »

Brilliant post Mac, couldn't agree more.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 14:22:15 »

Can't believe how lucky we are to have Paolo, a risky decision by Wray et al at the time but boy is it paying off so far.

We have to enjoy him as long as we have him, which will hopefully be for a good while yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: