Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25758 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:32:40 »

It was obvious what I meant, but just to be completely clear I've now added the word all in.

I don't like seeing errors of fact on this forum
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:34:48 »

Not too sure about the Flint comment either.  I thought he played fairly well.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:47:06 »

Paolo is always having a pop at Flint. Think it seems to work as a form of motivation which is probably why he keeps doing it. He's tried it with others and it hasn't worked so well.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:57:18 »

Macca MOM, forgot how shit orients ground is, well the away end anyway, I would hope the home fans have better facilities and seats. Awful conditions so 10/10 for the lads as they all put in 100% effort, and we were by far the better side, so not sure why some were critiscised, even Roberts , as he was a bit ropey, but It cant have been easy coming on in those crap conditions, and awful pitch. Some old Orient fan tried to stutter to me that the ref was an awayer and we were dirty! No mate you were crap I'm afraid, and diving crap at that.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 00:01:13 »

We really aren't having much luck on the road in terms of postponements and awful pitches are we?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 00:23:51 »

We really aren't having much luck on the road in terms of postponements and awful pitches are we?

No and someone mentioned Crawley's game was postponed tonight?  If it continues raining that could be in doubt for Saturday or if it goes ahead, it will no doubt be in a shit state!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 00:39:35 »

Disappointing but onwards and upwards, honestly didn't think anyone who started had a bad game with the exception of the strikers who it just wasn't their day.

Oh and Gary Roberts the way to getting fans on your side is not to storm off straight down the tunnel without acknowledging them after coming on and playing like a useless bag of shite for 15 minutes and doing nothing but giving the ball away. Cunt.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 00:51:54 »

Oh and Gary Roberts the way to getting fans on your side is not to storm off straight down the tunnel without acknowledging them after coming on and playing like a useless bag of shite for 15 minutes and doing nothing but giving the ball away. Cunt.

Paolo is usually tight on this kinda thing & normally makes the players go and thank fans.

Wouldn't surprise me if he got a bollocking for that...

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 01:10:40 »

That was there for the taking.

And...I got a ticket for having wheels on a kerb...fuck you cockney bastards..

Cuthbert was a cunt.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 06:10:11 »

Right...I'm off to work early doors...

51% of the ball on BBC stats.....I thought we would of had more.

Clems Army!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 06:47:46 »

No and someone mentioned Crawley's game was postponed tonight?  If it continues raining that could be in doubt for Saturday or if it goes ahead, it will no doubt be in a shit state!
Then again, the fact that they did not play on it last night gives them a better chance of getting it on, on Saturday.
medwayred

Up the Reds

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 07:22:23 »

I quite enjoyed the evening at Orient. A good following from the Town. My boy kept himself entertained by playing footy with a bottle down the bottom all evening. Chris Martin isn't a footballer is he? He looks to posh. Rather slow and very clumsy. The town going forward looked quite poor last night. Defence wise the Town are rather solid.
I think the reason Crawley called the game of was so that the pitch will be playable saturday and they get the money from Sky

One Davie Bamber.......................
medwayred

Up the Reds

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 07:25:58 »

Ohh Flinty.

I think he is one of the best CD I have seen. He reminds me of a Tony Adams, Terry butcher style player. He is one that would be ok in the top leagues...

One Davie Bamber.......................
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 07:40:45 »

Thought we did well considering the conditions. Impossible to play any sort of football on that surface. McCormack, Ritchie and Thompson impressed particularly.

We've had a few games like that this season, all the play and a host of chances but we do seem to have the odd off day in front of goal - last night was one of them.

Still unbeaten in 8, another clean sheet and an away point. Hopefully Crawley can get the game on for Saturday and we can pick up our second contracted 3-0 win against them this year.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 11:04:52 »

Don't think Orient touched the ball for the first half an hour last night. Constant pressure from us, and Wes must have been bored stiff. Sadly we didn't really create anything out of it. Lots of balls into the box, a few long range efforts, and one chance where Ritchie didn't catch his shot right from a good position. We were playing decent footy given the conditions, and their only outlet was their right winger.

Having got through that period, Orient got into the game a little more, but looked no more likely to score than ourselves. Blatant dive from their bloke just before half time - I still don't know how he got away without a booking. Their penalty shout in the second half looked a lot more like a foul, though I think it happened just outside the box, so would only have been a free kick.

Our only chances of note were the aforementioned Ritchie effort, Collins' weak glanced header, a mix up at the back post, Williams' effort that hit the post, and McCormack's effort from 30+ yards... what a goal that would have been!

Overall, 0-0 was a fair result. I thought we had the better of the game but really didn't look good enough up front to merit all three points. Great save from Wes at the end when they loked certain to score - it would have been harsh on us. Thompson and Macca played well, the latter even more so after getting away with a comical obstruction which angered the home fans no end!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 11:46:22 by reeves4england » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: