Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25553 times)
Wandered

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 11:20:57 »

On reflection we should have made the most of the opening period, not just because we were in the ascendancy but because the pitch really seemed to deteriorate after that and our normal passing game was somewhat nulled.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 11:48:23 »

Only just noticed the attendance! 3536. Which means there were less than 2800 in the home end. Deary me.
Wandered

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:43:08 »

Only just noticed the attendance! 3536. Which means there were less than 2800 in the home end. Deary me.
Olympic Stadium. You're having a laugh!
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:08:54 »

Thompson and Macca played well, the latter even more so after getting away with a comical obstruction which angered the home fans no end!

Haha, that was brilliant. How the ref didn't see it I don't know.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:10:45 »

So we had 700? Looked way more than that. I know the stewards were crapping themsleves as we bought way more than expected.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:11:26 »

So we had 700? Looked way more than that. I know the stewards were crapping themsleves as we bought way more than expected.
794 or something
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:35:41 »

Ok, good turnout still, in that weather and on a Tuesday.
Coca Fola

« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 14:16:57 »

0-0
He speaketh.
skay

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 14:20:07 »

Thought Thompson was pretty decent last night, really coming on well. Roberts looks shocked to bits, almost as if he was scared to take on his defender. Fair play to D'urso for booking their winger for diving. All in all take a draw at the start but one of those where with the chances we should of nicked.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 15:29:13 »

On reflection we should have made the most of the opening period, not just because we were in the ascendancy but because the pitch really seemed to deteriorate after that and our normal passing game was somewhat nulled.

Even Barca would have had difficulty playing on that excuse for a Football League pitch!

According to the stats they had three shots on target whereas I can only recall Wes's superb save which I thought was in. A goal then would have been very hard to take as Orient offered very little in the way of football but the longer it went on with the wind behind them there was always going to be an opportunity or two and tbh we did not look like scoring on the night.

That is two visits for me at Orient to watch the Town and three for my son and we have not seen us score yet - do not think I shall ever bother again to go to that poxy part of London.

No

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 16:54:53 »

Retrospectively I think we would have won if the starting 11 had been the finishing 11 but can understand the substitution of Collins who,I thought was very lazy(delusions of championship?) just unfortunate that Martin was even worse.Williams,as ever,gave everything but had a bad night.Ward,McCormack,brilliant.Ferry and Miller(who had his best game Ive seen in a Town shirt) totally dominated the middle of the park.Thought we played the best football and it was a game we should have won but could easily have lost.Shocking headed misses by Collins,Williams and Ward,superb long range effort from Alan Mac and Williams'deflected effort onto the post rebounded very kindly for Orient.Have to say I was crapping myself when No7 went down in the box.Difficult to see from our patch but it looked a pen to me.I really think De Vita for Roberts was a poor decision.Surprised Wes hasn't attracted any interest from the chamionship-he is becoming one of our best ever keepers.Great turnout people!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 18:03:59 »

Quite an amusing write up from the O's perspective...

http://leyton-orient-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/leyton-orient-0-swindon-town-0-29113.html
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 18:29:05 »

That's pretty good, I also like the comment about paolo having the wrong clothing on.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 18:38:38 »

"Pantomime villain... Paolo Di Canio, whose relentless stream-of-consciousness ranting and pantomime preening really was something to behold. Most of it was directed at assistant manager Fabrizio Piccareta, who during matches must feel like a babysitter charged with trying to control an attention-deficient toddler who's just mainlined three litres of Sunny Delight and decided to single-handedly re-enact every scene from Annie the Musical."

that's a remarkably accurate depiction of Paolo during matches.

Piccareta deserves some kind of recognition for managing to keep a straight face
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 19:18:13 »

We shit all over them in the first half with Ritchie playing really well. The second was a bit more even but we created our best chances in this half. the free kick from Ritchie that Collins should have buried was an absolute beauty. Williams gave his all but was never going to score. Fantastic save by Wes who really is a very speacial keeper - pretty much fuck all to do and then he goes and pulls off a save like that. Comedy moment had to be Macca checking their player as Raffa went on a run right by us.
i'm not sure why Flint came in for stick. there was a moment in the last minute where he nearly fucked up badly....but didn;t. A bit unfair I think.
If one player deserved a bucket full of shit last night then its our old friend Roberts. He's go fresh legs and he's up against a fucking awaful centre half playing right back. The two attemspts he made to go past him were comical. Apart from the lack of dirt on his kit, you'd have thought he'd already put in a 75 minute shift. His decision making is fucking woeful and the effort he put in last night was even worse. Not quite as bad as Stabber Ashikode the time he came on as a sub and was subbed but Roberts was fucking shit and if we could offload, I would.
I didn't notice that he'd fucked off down the tunnel so quickly but that would have been the only time he ran past an Orient player. 
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: