Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reading  (Read 9187 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 16:15:20 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"

Soapy Tit Wank Fantastic, those fans crying crowned an awesome weekend.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 16:41:54 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
This plastic stuff annoys me every club has that element about them

You get to the top league you get more fans and you tend to sell out…. Simple really

I don't think that is strictly true...clubs like Boro, Bolton, Blackburn  haven't really added too many onto their traditional fan base....Wigan get smallish crowds although I suppose more than they used to get, and the likes of Villa have probabaly dropped in crowd size.

I think the plastic thing sticks to Reading because they've never had large crowds, until now

Back in the early 70's we could average 19,000+....get 32,000 for a cup game....which showed Swindon to be a football town.  Its just a shame that its no longer the case.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 17:10:00 »

I was confused to see to Reading fan complaining that he doesn't like Madjeski becuase he hasn't invested enough this season.  He said he never liked him.  I assume he thinks Elm Park is a place with some trees....what a twat.  Oh, and while I'm on about this crying when you've been relegated to the Championship is fucking stupid...no need.  Being relegated out of the football league I can understand, but not this.  

All of the above applies to the Birmingham fans who've been having a go...a rebuilt stadium and better players.  Some football supporters have no idea about the long term.  

Should we get a rebuilt/new ground and have some success I hope our fans remember the shit we were in under the Greek before Fitton took over.

And Reg...maybe we can return Swindon to being a football town...here's hoping.

And now if I can find some feeling one way or the other for Reading...I'd care about their relegation.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 17:13:30 »

Quote from: "donkey"
I was confused to see to Reading fan complaining that he doesn't like Madjeski becuase he hasn't invested enough this season.  He said he never liked him.  I assume he thinks Elm Park is a place with some trees....what a twat.  Oh, and while I'm on about this crying when you've been relegated to the Championship is fucking stupid...no need.  Being relegated out of the football league I can understand, but not this.  

All of the above applies to the Birmingham fans who've been having a go...a rebuilt stadium and better players.  Some football supporters have no idea about the long term.  

Should we get a rebuilt/new ground and have some success I hope our fans remember the shit we were in under the Greek before Fitton took over.

And now if I can find some feeling one way or the other for Reading...I'd care about their relegation.

To be fair to Madjeski he was ready to cash in when they got to the premiership stating that he had taken the club as far as he could and that he wanted to move aside for someone who had more money and could take the club forward.

Personally delighted no one came in as I think we will play Reading again in the not so distant future now  Cool
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 17:17:34 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "donkey"

To be fair to Madjeski he was ready to cash in when they got to the premiership stating that he had taken the club as far as he could and that he wanted to move aside for someone who had more money and could take the club forward.

Personally delighted no one came in as I think we will play Reading again in the not so distant future now  Cool

Exactly right about Madejski...what I don't understand is how short some people's memories are.  He's given them a new ground, better players than they've ever had (with the exception of Robin Friday, obviously), and a couple of seasons in the sun...I'd take that with Swindon right now.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 17:18:02 »

I think we're being a bit on reading fans.

A lot of them have been supporting their club for years..............................

Two, to be precise.

It's All Good..............
lebowski

« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 17:43:31 »

An excerpt from the official Reading website:

"A Derby fan has just said said she is 'sorry'. I think it will be widely thought of as a shame that Reading will be missing from next season's Premier League"

This deluded nonsense is from the Clock-watch article.
dell boy

« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 17:59:36 »

Quote from: "herthab"
I think we're being a bit on reading fans.

A lot of them have been supporting their club for years..............................

Two, to be precise.

Yes 4,000 havebeen behind the Royals through thick and thin, so how come when you talk to plastics down here in Reading they all say they went every week, now maths wasn't my greatest subject, but an average of 24,000 this season and an average of less than 4,000 at Elm Park, now something doesn't add up. Up  the plastics!!!!!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 18:00:39 »

"The away support has been outstanding this season, but now the Derby fans are appluading the loyal Royals, who now sing Reading 'til I die"

I come from a land down-under
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #54 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 18:01:16 »

Have you spoke to more than 4000 then dell?
dell boy

« Reply #55 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 18:08:41 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
Have you spoke to more than 4000 then dell?
#

I cant find one mate!!!!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 20:18:04 »

Ace

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n70/FredElliot_2006/010306366485400.jpg
Scot Munroe

« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 20:25:52 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

Priceless
Lumps

« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 20:55:52 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

I don't think that is strictly true...clubs like Boro, Bolton, Blackburn  haven't really added too many onto their traditional fan base....Wigan get smallish crowds although I suppose more than they used to get, and the likes of Villa have probabaly dropped in crowd size.

I can remember  in the early 90's Boro, Blackburn and Bolton played in Div 2/3 alongside us, before they moved in to their new stadia, (or before Jack Walker in Blackburn's case) and, whilst Boro always seemed to pull in 15,000 or more, Bolton and Blackburn got worse attendances than us a lot of the time. And Wigan used to struggle to 7,000 sometimes even in the Championship.

So lets not pretend these clubs haven't gained a fuck of a lot of support since they made it big again. Ok they might have been big in the 50's but I doubt many of the bastards with season tickets at the Reebok or Ewood date from back then.

We've discussed this in threads before and I'm all for having some "plastics" at Swindon. The more the fucking better. If we can have a run of sustained success it might even get in there blood enough to make them "real" fans, whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 21:09:27 »

Quote from: "Lumps"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

I can remember  in the early 90's Boro, Blackburn and Bolton played in Div 2/3 alongside us, before they moved in to their new stadia, (or before Jack Walker in Blackburn's case) and, whilst Boro always seemed to pull in 15,000 or more, Bolton and Blackburn got worse attendances than us a lot of the time. And Wigan used to struggle to 7,000 sometimes even in the Championship.

So lets not pretend these clubs haven't gained a fuck of a lot of support since they made it big again. Ok they might have been big in the 50's but I doubt many of the bastards with season tickets at the Reebok or Ewood date from back then.

Its a fair point....there's been many a season where we've had a better average than Blackburn and Bolton, but these are small places....which have seen a diaspora since the 60's, with a lot of incomers not naturally interested in football.  For this reason I wouldn't define their fans as plastic...their new fans are most likely to be family links to old fans.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: