Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Kevin MacDonald positive on Swindon Town stay  (Read 18087 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 22:58:04 »

Are you really claiming that the squad Kmac had available was just as strong as that available to PDC?

If so, that must mean you think Ritchie was shit and should have been sold sooner and that PDC was pissing away money when he signed Hollands, Martin and Bostock on loans. Plus it would mean PDC was talking shit when he said he needed to strengthen the squad shortly before he left?

The only thing I have claimed is that all those players werent all available up to the day Di Canio left and then all of a sudden not available the second KMac got here.

We were still getting results as/after those players were leaving/left.

Again, the Tranmere game had none of those players in it.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 23:00:28 »

This debate is going to rumble on forever isn't it?
It will go away when we next achieve some success.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 23:04:27 »

Picking one game out of a season to prove a point is crazy.

How about we take the three home games over New Year that we won. There was 3-4 players (Hollands, Ritchie, Martin, Bostock) that played who weren't available to Kmac. Without them who is to say we would have won those games, if we hadn't it makes the Tranmere game irrelevant as we wouldn't have been top.

Kmac didn't have as strong a squad available as PDC had. Fact.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 23:06:11 »

We can never prove anything either way so it's a pointless argument.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 23:08:34 »

Pointless argument yes. Perception from some is K-Mac didn't initially play to the remaining squads strengths, which I kind of agree with.

But no stat in the world is going to prove it to be true or false, unless we find infinite parallel universe. Then we can compare PDC staying v KMac going 4-4-2, v KMac going 4-5-1. I think we'd be hard pushed to fins another universe in which Ferry was played on the right though Smiley
Spud

« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 23:08:44 »

Are people forgetting that Chris Martin was terrible? Still don't know how he got a move on loan to Derby after he left us!?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 23:11:50 »

Are people forgetting that Chris Martin was terrible? Still don't know how he got a move on loan to Derby after he left us!?

And Bostock was a bench warmer.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 23:12:48 »

All I have said is, those players didnt all leave exactly the same time Di Canio did. Its not like Di Canio had a 33 man squad up until the day he left and then when KMac got here he had a 14 man squad.

Yes, Di Canio has a stronger squad, yes it got progressively worse but it was still getting results, good results. At Tranmere there was no Martin or Bostock or Hollands or Ritchie or Devera or TAH! and we still got a result.

....and do we really miss Bostock or Martin?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 23:50:32 »

They appear to be signing him on a permanent contract now.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 06:11:44 »

Still trying to figure out how he even managed to score a couple for them too!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 06:26:13 »

I think he was largely half fit. We would have tried to keep him (cash permitting) had Derby not turned his head. So PDC saw something in him.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 06:44:07 »

He also saw something in Ibrahim Atiku and Ronan murray!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 06:46:33 »

Damn, fair point..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 06:54:06 »

I think its safe to say that Paolo was (is) a good manager, however his judgement of players is not great, although saying that its not actually clear whether it was actually him or Spencer who was picking the players.

He would benefit from a good scout (King - now that would be a marriage in heaven), which is all the more ironic as the scouting network seems to be what he seeks to remove at every club he goes to - possibly the way of hiding a short coming he knows he has.

Its simple - before KMac we had money, a decent sized squad, after we had no cash, injuries and general chaos behind the scenes, I think most of the criticism of him is that we are no longer Paolo Di Canio's Swindon Town which seems to have been a key driver for some, the fact that it was slowly bleeding the club dry seems to have been less of an issue.
REDBUCK

« Reply #119 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 07:15:40 »

Something the new manager my well have to overcome at man united
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: