Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ray Wilkins  (Read 3278 times)
lebowski

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 20:38:24 »

(that was a reply to dv85, i hadnt seen the other replies when i wrote mine!)
STFC Village

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 20:38:27 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
perhaps, but i would imagine he's on something like £5k a week at southampton - his last playing contract. can you really see him giving that up so that he can start managing us?!
Exactamundo
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 20:39:24 »

he may well give up his contract. After all it will put his managerial ambitions back on track......he cant play forever!
STFC Village

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 20:45:35 »

Quote from: "Rich"
he may well give up his contract. After all it will put his managerial ambitions back on track......he cant play forever!
Very true. However, he could play for another year or two on £5k p/w, then take up a cushty little coaching job, i'm sure a lot of clubs in the top 2 tiers would be willing to take him onboard. He could then try and pull some strings, work his way up into an assistant managers position....while doing all of this, he would be earning several times more than we could pay him.

Anyone who takes this whole rumour mounger bullshit as gospel needs to take a reality check. Whoever we get in to replace King, they will be inexperienced and very unlikely to be someone we have heard of (unless its Reeves, Woan or Iffy). We're not going to get a proven manager in, FACT!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 20:49:35 »

Rumour bullshit....Well, to be fair we did see Sir Seton, Holt and then Wilkins all walk in to the Arkells Stand within a minute of each other.... Doesn't that seem suspicious to anyone else?? This isn't like the Macari 'rumour' yesterday!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 20:49:37 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Quote from: "Rich"
Very true. However, he could play for another year or two on £5k p/w, then take up a cushty little coaching job, i'm sure a lot of clubs in the top 2 tiers would be willing to take him onboard. He could then try and pull some strings, work his way up into an assistant managers position....while doing all of this, he would be earning several times more than we could pay him.

Anyone who takes this whole rumour mounger bullshit as gospel needs to take a reality check. Whoever we get in to replace King, they will be inexperienced and very unlikely to be someone we have heard of (unless its Reeves, Woan or Iffy). We're not going to get a proven manager in, FACT!

i would have to agree with that actually. we will not be able to afford somebody who is at a club already e.g colin calderwood. so we may be left with Reeves or Iffy. Somebody like Shaun Taylor could be in the frame though
lebowski

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 20:50:01 »

i reckon we should approach jo "SUPER NANNY" foster for the job. she is exceptional at dealing with spoilt brats, maybe she can sort our shower of shite out.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 20:52:05 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
i reckon we should approach jo "SUPER NANNY" foster for the job. she is exceptional at dealing with spoilt brats, maybe she can sort our shower of shite out.

why not eh!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 20:54:32 »

anyone but King!
STFC Village

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 20:56:23 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Rumour bullshit....Well, to be fair we did see Sir Seton, Holt and then Wilkins all walk in to the Arkells Stand within a minute of each other.... Doesn't that seem suspicious to anyone else?? This isn't like the Macari 'rumour' yesterday!
I don't see why SSW would be lining up a replacement for King right under his nose. Whats the point? Either back him or sack him!

Rich, agreed Ooh Shaun Taylor could be in the frame, i believe he is currently out of work. I think he might be a good short term solution, a character to galvanize the fans and lift the spirit of the club. At first. But i don't think he'd be good long term, and i'd hate to see the legecy of the great man destroyed.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 20:59:53 »

Shaun is assistant at Forest Green.
STFC Village

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 21:03:27 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Shaun is assistant at Forest Green.
Thanks for the info Tails, wasn't sure. Tbh though, i don't think any compensation would be needed in his case, he would jump at the chance of coming back to us, so would probably resign from FGR. Not sure if he would be on anymore £ though Sad Tbf, he'd probably do it for nowt!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 23:06:41 »

Isn't is possible that Wilkins was just at Swindon doing some scouting work for someone?
STFC Village

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 23:07:29 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Isn't is possible that Wilkins was just at Swindon doing some scouting work for someone?
Very
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 23:17:41 »

Wise.....interesting. Deemed quite a good signing pre-season for the saints but not being in southampton, i don't know what the mood about him as a player is like now. Could do a lot worse but it's all speculative aint it  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: