Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AFC Wimbledon Vs Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32342 times)
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 12:25:03 »

I'm not a regular poster, and haven't gone back over all the previous posts, so not sure if this has been mentioned....

On saturday, a group of our fans thought it would be hilarious to chant 'there's only one John Terry' at a black steward. I assume that's the same people that have been mentioned on here? Utterly utterly moronic, and there's no excuse for it however old you are.

Myself, and others, shouted them down, but the whole thing left a really nasty taste in the mouth.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 12:30:09 »

Used to go away all the time 10-15 years ago (before the family came along) but made a rare trip on Saturday.
Might just be my hazy memory but I'm convinced we never had such a large contingent of embarrassing supporters way back then. It wasn't just youngsters either on Saturday, we were stood near some older blokes presumably from Highworth (given the "we are Highworth, we do what we want" chant  Doh) and they seemed to think it hilarious to sing "one Sepp Blatter" / "one John Terry" to the black steward stood in front of them, fair play to him he laughed it off but it was cringeworthy.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 12:31:45 »

Apologies for duplicating posts, looks like someone beat me to it with the "one John Terry " stuff
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 13:00:05 »

I was in the home end on Saturday.. I heard plenty of embarrassing songs from Dons fans, including racist stuff (aimed at Italians and Scots) they also had some weird song about Paedophiles which was just as cringeworthy as "we do what we want.."

After the game, 6 or 7 of their "lads" trying to goad Swindon fans into a reaction at Norbiton station then thought it would be more fun to sing "Steve Evans is a cunt" in front of a group of pensioners who were nothing to do with the football.. very much a shake your head and look at the floor moment.

It's not just our fans.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 13:14:26 »

Did a football match break out at any point by any chance during all this anti-semetism?
digby

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 13:43:48 »

I was unfortunate enough to be stood near the 'supporters' mentioned all to often on here, and can only endorse the criticism levelled at them. It tarnished a good day out, and made me ashamed to be associated with them.

Many of the chants were appalling, but the abuse shouted at some of our players, Ritchie in particular, was unbelievable. The Town bench was only  8 feet away, and Paolo had plenty of 'advice' hurled his way - he can't have been too impressed by our 'fans' !

They weren't all youngsters either, plenty of middle aged pissed up prats !

Pretty poor performance apart from the last 20 mins.

Highlight of the day had to be the Blue bar after the game - wow !   Def be going back next year......oh bugger........ if we get promoted - will miss it !!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 13:55:31 »

I was in the home end with my Mrs and 2 young boys at the back of the stand behind the home dugout which of course was next to the Town fans.
Stood next to me were 4 of my Mates, all Town fans.
To be fair I couldn't here many bad chants etc but my oldest lad knows bad language and I have to tell him to ignore it. Sadly it goes with the territory I'm afraid.

As always I love the away days and meeting up with the majority of Town fans. (Fred as always Wink )

Made me smile 2 minutes into the game with my 4 year old on my shoulders giving it "come on you reds" ....... Apart from an awful ground I have lots of respect for AFC Wimbledon and recall a few visits in the 70's and 80's to Plough Lane.

That train back to Waterloo was packed.

Anyway booked tickets this Morning to Torquay and Northampton so those t**ts won't be putting me off.

25 minutes to Northampton for my house so this is a home game. A few Cobbler Mates I know will be there and already are are giving Swindon an away win.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 14:07:33 »

These are probably the same dickheads who made all that shit up about Charlie Austin and Dave Lucas's wife. Utter fucking pond life.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 15:39:41 »

I was only down this end in the second half, it was pretty mental. I didn't hear most of the stuff being mentioned on here although I did hear some nob shout at Ritchie when he came off which someone has mentioned.

The one thing I will say is, the ones I did see acting prats were middleaged. Putting it down to some sort of new bread of idiots just won't work i'm afraid, as none of the usual nut jobs that kick off were even there....so I think people have got to look a bit closer than brushing it off as the young and dumb.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 15:56:10 »

At Plymouth a few weeks back, there was a group of lads in their late teens/early 20's with a few middle aged blokes who I assume were the 'top boys'  Roll Eyes

I'd put money on it being the same pricks. They are more interested in fighting with the stewards than watching the game and getting behind the team.

As for abusing our players, this is the sort of thing that will drive players like Ritchie away from Swindon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 16:41:12 »

this is the sort of thing that will drive players like Ritchie away from Swindon.

That, and a bigger pay packet and playing a a higher level Smiley

Personally I don't think it'll make much difference on that side of things.
Spencer_White

« Reply #266 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 18:50:43 »

Does my head in when fans really go after players. They just seem to let out their frustration in a very selfish way, having a go at the players who are the ones who can turn it around.

In general 'humour' on TV has got more offensive and more vindictive, and some people cant see the difference. They think anything offensive is funny. Thats just immature.

I would also say that football has 'gone for broke' in terms of fan behaviour. They want everyone to be perfect, and its never going to happen. They have blurred the lines of whats really out of order by going after things like standing in seats.

Sad to see Crispy earlier on in this thread saying that 'hes lost the love' already and all this. Shows a lack of class. If you are not interested in the football anymore and are just there to fuck about then you really should save yourselves the effort.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 21, 2011, 19:28:36 by Spencer_White » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 18:59:31 »

It does look like it is being tolerated though. People are saying how out of order some are but aint doing fuck all about it.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, November 21, 2011, 23:00:35 »

I'm not a regular poster, and haven't gone back over all the previous posts, so not sure if this has been mentioned....

On saturday, a group of our fans thought it would be hilarious to chant 'there's only one John Terry' at a black steward. I assume that's the same people that have been mentioned on here? Utterly utterly moronic, and there's no excuse for it however old you are.

Myself, and others, shouted them down, but the whole thing left a really nasty taste in the mouth.

hehehe...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 10:29:30 »

It does look like it is being tolerated though. People are saying how out of order some are but ain't doing fuck all about it.

In fairness quite a few of us shouted at them to shut up
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: