Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 4734 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:55:16 »

Whats so wrong with it being a Pop Album anyway?

Rather that than a "Rock" album.

/
W56196272
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:59:30 »

Nothing...but they wouldnt like to be known as pop stars...they are rockers!..for me very over rated band...they got dragged along with the Manc wave..made some good records but like in America cant be bothered when it matters and always seems to be issues...for fucks sake aint they abit old to be brother squabbling.
Spencer_White

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 21:21:23 »

Pop songs dont generally stand the test of time. They are for a certain time and then the world moves on. Not much good if you are trying to leave a music legacy. Something like 'She's Electric' is just a jingle, wouldnt have made the B side on other albums, Roll with it would never have been a single on any other Oasis album.

Definately maybe should be heralded as one of the best albums ever. It goes beyond the 90's or Britpop or any of that. The songs that got left off it were unbelievable as well, Aquiese, Whatever.

Its up there with the most influential and important albums ever produced by a British band!
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 21:25:53 by Spencer_White » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 21:45:49 »

She's Electric is a much better jingle pop song than Digsy's Dinner.

I agree that Definitely Maybe is fucking brilliant, but to draw a line of 'too poppy' between it and What's the Story seems a strange place for me.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 21:50:19 »

both are great albums imo.but neither are as good as the gallaghers think they are.
the overate themselves and are a pair of pricks
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 23:07:38 »

Thing is Arriba album sales like that would make me think  i was quite good. Noel always strikes me as being grateful for what he has got tbf
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 07:09:04 »

having worked with oasis on numerous occasions i can quite happily say the Gallaghers are possibly 2 of the the most genuine humble musicians i have ever worked with. they also didnt mind me taking the piss out of man city. top blokes, top tunes for good times.

at the club on saturday near the end we played 3 or 4 oasis tunes, the whole place was singing every word to every song at the tops of their voices. says it all.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 07:13:24 »

Oasis for me are a band that stood out during what was a fantastic era in so many ways (The 90's), they must have done something right.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: