petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 10:37:15 »

Publicity stunt.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 10:38:27 »

Noel will sell a few records going solo.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dazzza

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 10:57:20 »

Never a massive fan.   I did enjoy the first couple of albums but I find a lot of their early material hasn’t aged to well and a lot of the recent material is just shite by numbers.

flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 11:04:32 »

Noel will sell a few records going solo.

If Noel goes solo it will be the same by numbers crap he's been spewing out for the last decade and a bit. A possible Liam solo career will be more interesting, with some good writers he could be the next Robbie Williams.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 11:21:25 »

If Noel goes solo it will be the same by numbers crap he's been spewing out for the last decade and a bit. A possible Liam solo career will be more interesting, with some good writers he could be the next Robbie Williams.

Or Jason Orange?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 11:30:31 »

I think they're very underrated in an overrated sort of way

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 11:45:17 »

Would you want there to be a next Robbie Williams? Surely 1 is far more than enough!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 10:50:43 »

Exactly, they're written off as 'over-rated' because people love them.
Victims of their own early success i guess.

officially blacker than the night.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 11:02:41 »

The end of an era.

Oasis were the soundtrack to my teenage years.

Live forever!
Spencer_White

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 11:11:28 »

Very true.

Should have released a few of the later albums under different names. The critic's would have bummed them harder than the bloc party, and then they could come out and say, a ha, we're Oasis really!!!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 11:20:14 »

Its amazing they've stayed together as long as they have, most of the other brit pop bands from the early 90's have already split up, reformed and split up again. It will be a joke if what is left of Oasis continue, the band has always been Liam and Noel plus a few others to make the numbers up - without Noel it ain't Oasis.

I'm sure they'll get back together one day, once they've done their own thing and calmed down a bit.
flammableBen

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:46:49 »

Should have released a few of the later albums under different names. The critic's would have bummed them harder than the bloc party, and then they could come out and say, a ha, we're Oasis really!!!

I'm not the biggest fan of music critics, but I'm pretty sure most would have recognised them as oasis whatever name they released them under. Unless of course they changed a bit more and did something different, but then we might not be complaining about how they'd got boring and stale and generally a bit shit.

Not that there weren't some good tunes. The Importance of Being Idle or whatever it was called springs to mind as a brilliant effort which wouldn't have seemed out of place on What's the Story.

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:48:45 »

If they don't split up they can't have a lucrative re-union tour in a few years.
Spencer_White

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:49:29 »

What's the Story is one of the most overrated albums of all time. It's mainly a pop album that Noel knocked up in 5 minutes.

Theyve had a backlash against that 1996 hype ever since.

Definately Maybe is still underrated. Best Album Ever.
flammableBen

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:52:59 »

I don't see how Definitely Maybe is underrated. It's generally heralded as one of of the great albums of the 90's.

What's the Story is great because it's a brilliant pop album. Maybe Noel should have tried to write more good pop songs instead of living up to some self-imposed air of importance.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: