Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Things to do in London for a couple of days...?  (Read 6232 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 09:26:36 »

If the weather is good would definitely recommend the Maritime Museum/Royal Observatory at Greenwich. Little lanes of shops up the road as well.

Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 09:45:31 »

Take a walk from Little Venice to Camden Lock along Regents Canal. Could stop at the zoo along the way.

Have a look at the days out guide with 2 for 1 if you have train tickets (if you're not going by train just go and buy a couple of adult singles from Vauxhall to Waterloo for £2.60 each to be eligible for the offer).

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 10:16:22 »

If the weather is good, go to Kew.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 10:24:29 »

If the weather is good, go to Kew.

I was there on Sunday with the little ones.  Lovely day out...but a good 30 mins on the train or District line from central London.

I'm also a big fan of the area around London Bridge and the South Bank.  It's one of the most walkable parts of London.  You're probably tired of hearing people talk about the Market Porter on here before Charlton/Millwall games, so at the risk of over-hyping it I'd add that to Luci's list of places to 'see' in the area.  If you're a fan of architecture, you'll also be able to get a close up view of the Shard, western Europe's new tallest building, under construction (although I think it's going to be pipped in a few years' time by something slightly taller in Paris).  It's a sight to behold, even now.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 11:30:49 »

you could take in the science and natural history museums(free entry)then walk down the road a few hundred yards to harrods and all the other shops there.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 12:54:11 »

Theres lots to do round where I work (London Bridge):

Clink prison museum - although its a museum its pretty animated/themed so not boring

Borough Market - worth wandering around although mainly food (I managed to eat enough free samples last Friday to warrant me not buying lunch!)

Vinopolis - wine tasting - they have a nice brasserie too which could be fun to do?  Some of the wine tours look pretty good

Fashion and Textile museum - compromise of clothes and museum maybe?

Shakespeares Globe Theatre?

Theres also the new-ish 'London Bridge Experience' which is quite grusome, but entertaining none the less - queues are pretty hefty at weekends though

We did this with our Clubcard vouchers... frightened the living shit out of me. I needed a load of beers after to get over it.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 12:56:49 »

Why leave the hotel. Get a create of beer, some white wine for her and spend all there days fucking!

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 13:18:01 »

We did this with our Clubcard vouchers... frightened the living shit out of me. I needed a load of beers after to get over it.

shhhhhhhh  Cheesy Don't ruin the surprise!
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 19:11:35 »

South Bank, V&A, Greenwich for the Royal Observatory all on the list so far.

[gayness]
Suggestions on particularly romantic places to go/visit?
[/gayness]
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 19:30:20 »

another vote for science museum its superb.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 22:35:53 »

A gift shop in a museum?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 22:41:06 »

South Bank, V&A, Greenwich for the Royal Observatory all on the list so far.

[gayness]
Suggestions on particularly romantic places to go/visit?
[/gayness]

The most romantic restaurant ever is Clos Maggiore in Covent Garden ... Try book a table there for dinner, trust me, it won't disappoint!
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 16:33:01 by Luci » Logged
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 22:52:29 »

Visit the Harp pub in Covent garden, the Camra pub of the year, great beers at good prices and lovely hot sossie sandwiches, me and the missus went there a month ago and had 2 baguettes of hot sossie with onions, and 2 pints of good real ale for £11.

Very good call, been my favourite pub in London for years! Now it's got the premium accolade from Camra (and i'm chuffed for them) I fear this gem of a place will get overrun though.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 23:11:23 »

Depends what days you are going on..... if over the weekend, take her to a game on the Saturday: Sunday, go for a visit to Camden market and a picnic in Regents park.
iffy

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 09:51:01 »

If it's midweek, try an early evening cocktail in the Oxo Tower. Great views and it won't be too busy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: