Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34713 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:36:45 »

We aren't far off being a rather decent side at the minute, get in a CB, CM and a striker to replace smith and things are looking peachy

I don't think we need much for the rest of this season. Striker like you say, backup CB and maybe an out and out winger to mix things up a bit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:41:14 »

I don't think we need much for the rest of this season. Striker like you say, backup CB and maybe an out and out winger to mix things up a bit.

Think we should wait and see who else goes before the window slams shut, before knowing what else we'll need.
Flashheart

« Reply #137 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:42:17 »

As much as I'm pleased by all this positivity, you lot do crack me up at times. It was only 1 1/2 games ago that many had us down for relegation.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:46:46 »

Cracking result. I think we'd all have taken that before kick off.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:49:40 »

Think we should wait and see who else goes before the window slams shut, before knowing what else we'll need.

That is the assumption no one goes obviously. If Vigs is recalled then we'd need a goalie as well
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:54:20 »

Was too busy going mental in the away end when we equalised, but Boo's celebration with Branco looks pretty dodgy if I'm honest....McEverley looks pretty fucked off judging by his reaction as well
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:58:22 »

Excellent result for Town and the stats make good reading.

Thought we might get dicked conceding early.

Humble pie eaten....get in Town.
Same.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 20:20:09 »

Someone on the Sheffield forum liked Rodgers.

Can't argue with any of that, Billy my MOM though, usual 100% effort from him. Done ran miles and touched the ball about twice.
 For the opposition, I was chuffed when they took off Anton Rodgers who I thought was mightily impressive, but look what happened. I have to say they were much better than I expected, and probably the best side I have seen this season, though we make a lot of sides look better than they are. Outplayed by Swindon fucking Town, outplayed by Shrewsbury Town, the list goes on. At least we got a point though, which was more than we deserved if I'm honest

Stuff like this really fucks me off. Blades on the whole seem to be decent fans and accept that they are where they are because they deserve to be, but being outplayed by a team in the same division (with the odd exception like Crewe) isn't that flabbergasting.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 20:31:11 »

Someone on the Sheffield forum liked Rodgers.

There's a decent player in there, just a shame he's so slow and can't tackle for shit.
Flashheart

« Reply #144 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 20:33:54 »

Without having seen him play, I wonder if he might fit better at a higher level that's less physical?
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 20:41:06 »

I've moaned about Rodgers with the best of them, but I thought he played well last week too. He picked out BOO on the left flank repeatedly and put more of a shift in.

In any case, no matter what I think of him, a succession of managers has now thought he was worthy of a place. Better get used to it I suppose.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 20:47:48 »

Love Bramall Lane.
Great team performance today and optimistic to build a team around the coaching model.
Only one cock up today, apart from that we looked good.
One in the eye for the negative, moaning wankers.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 20:49:56 »

Stuff like this really fucks me off. Blades on the whole seem to be decent fans and accept that they are where they are because they deserve to be, but being outplayed by a team in the same division (with the odd exception like Crewe) isn't that flabbergasting.

I warmed to the Blades fans in the days of The Robinettes....the only visitors who seemed to be genuinely excited by the hotch potch of barely pubescent girls, who gamely tried to do a cheer leading dance routine, at half time but just weren't very good.

I couldn't quite work if the Blades like them barely legal....or that the women of Sheffield are particularly grim, that being something of which I have no experience.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 20:50:03 »

I'll be happy if we can stay in the game for an hour.....let's hope Doughty lives up to his name, as apparently he can tackle, but fear an early concession and a sack load for Blades.

Bang on the money as usual  Bye

It must be quite depressing to be so persistently wrong, over the course of several years.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 20:52:10 »

Gritty, spirited performance, never stopped trying and fully deserved the point. boo was great, not just the goal but also the level of his contribution, haven't seen us for a couple of months and what struck me was how he was always making himself available and wanting the ball. Yas at times looked approaching last season's form, launching a lot of our attacks. Obika, didn't get much opportunity today but put in a shift. Special mention to Branco, great watching his battle with Billy Sharp, especially the dirty niggly bits and Rossi got the better of him in the end. As for the "massive" club we were playing, couldn't believe how little they offered. Their whole strategy after they went ahead was to sit back and do nothing. They were so deep at times they looked like the away team. Weird how things come full circle, it's exactly one year since the corresponding fixture last season at brammall lane, today's match played itself out in fairly similar fashion but we got something out of it this time around. We're broadly halfway between the playoffs and relegation, think we should be looking up the table rather than over our shoulders for the remainder of the season. Time to get off the train now, too many moaning blades ha ha!

Was Phil with you.
Sat at the back row right behind the goal with my lad.
Never saw you. Always enjoy Bramall Lane.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: