Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34713 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:35:51 »

boooooooooooo

pic.twitter.com/FW68kxFxSx
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:40:04 »

It was always going to take a brand new side a while to gel and hopefully they now have. Who knows where we can finish in the league, if we can bring in some new faces before the end of January to bolster the squad I think we'll do fine.

Sounds like Kasim is somewhere back to his best. How was Doughty today for those that went?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:41:06 »

I'm sure you post things like this just to encourage Talk Talk, don't you? Smiley

Hah I noticed the potential for filth when I read my post back but thought hopefully no one would notice. Thanks mate Cheesy

Regarding Sheff Utd, I'm sure it was back when Danny Williams was still there I posted something on Twitter about t'blades putting 10 men behind the ball and got a hell of a lot of abuse for it.

With BOO, it's clear he's more of a forward player, but we've seemed bloody terrified to attack down the left at the CG for ages. Be nice if that could change and he could score a few more.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:42:58 »

Hope the guy who fell and hit his head is ok, looked nasty

It was the same guy who I saw running around the bar area under the stands at half time singing we're going to win 4-1. Same sentiments from me but reckon he should be ok, he was only a few rows down from me when they were carrying him out on a stretcher. But he was still pointing to the sky singing as he made his exit.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:43:47 »

Great finish by BOoooo. Sent 2 men onto their arses and fired home.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:45:36 »

It was always going to take a brand new side a while to gel and hopefully they now have. Who knows where we can finish in the league, if we can bring in some new faces before the end of January to bolster the squad I think we'll do fine.

Sounds like Kasim is somewhere back to his best. How was Doughty today for those that went?

I was impressed with Doughty. Thought his vision was good & he fought for everything.  Him & Kasim worked well & Robert looked better late on after Rodgers went off
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:51:54 »

Hah I noticed the potential for filth when I read my post back but thought hopefully no one would notice. Thanks mate Cheesy

Regarding Sheff Utd, I'm sure it was back when Danny Williams was still there I posted something on Twitter about t'blades putting 10 men behind the ball and got a hell of a lot of abuse for it.

With BOO, it's clear he's more of a forward player, but we've seemed bloody terrified to attack down the left at the CG for ages. Be nice if that could change and he could score a few more.

Danny Willams managed Wendies not Blades...you must be as old as me if you remember that  Wink
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:56:56 »

Doughty,Kasim,traore and Robert with Rodgers collecting splinters in his Arse works for me.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:58:56 »

Danny Willams managed Wendies not Blades...you must be as old as me if you remember that  Wink

Doh! I feel it but I'm not  Wink Wilson I meant!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:00:30 »

BOO could become our next Byrne.
When Byrne first arrived he was being used as a right back and was pretty useless there to be honest, but he moved to wing back and developed into a great player. BOO is going the same way and with a bit of luck, could be just as effective as Byrne was.

I've seen BOO in a handful of games and he hasn't impressed - delighted to hear he is on the up. I never thought Nathan Byrne would turn into a proper footballer and I was delighted to be wrong.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:05:58 »

How can almost 19000 home fans make such little noise? having to watch that crap presumably. Went 1-0 up and then most of the game sat back to protect what they had. Really impressed with Doughty,got his tackles in and never stopped chasing. Boo took his goal well and was always available. Kasim was immense, back to his best. Comedy moment was Turnbulls effort from 30 yards but satisfying day out and good listening to blades fans on the way back to the car wishing they played football the way we had
lambourn red

« Reply #131 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:28:36 »

Great result if we can get Stephens in on loan a wide player and another striker when smith goes we should be looking at the top 6 not the bottom 6.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:31:27 »

http://www.skysports.com/footballleague/championship/video/10141566/sheffield-united-1-1-swindon
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:32:14 »

We aren't far off being a rather decent side at the minute, get in a CB, CM and a striker to replace smith and things are looking peachy
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 19:34:35 »

Someone on the Sheffield forum liked Rodgers.

Can't argue with any of that, Billy my MOM though, usual 100% effort from him. Done ran miles and touched the ball about twice.
 For the opposition, I was chuffed when they took off Anton Rodgers who I thought was mightily impressive, but look what happened. I have to say they were much better than I expected, and probably the best side I have seen this season, though we make a lot of sides look better than they are. Outplayed by Swindon fucking Town, outplayed by Shrewsbury Town, the list goes on. At least we got a point though, which was more than we deserved if I'm honest
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: