Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34703 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 16:59:25 »

Excellent result for Town and the stats make good reading.

Thought we might get dicked conceding early.

Humble pie eaten....get in Town.

Clems Army!
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 16:59:26 »

See. Nothing to fear.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 17:00:47 »

1-1 FT.

What a fantastic result, would have taken that all day long and we even pushed hard for the win. Nice one STFC/Williams.

Sometimes a draw feels like a win sometimes a defeat, this one feels like a win.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 17:01:55 »

"We play half a game we play half a game..we are swindon,we play half a game"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 17:04:53 »

Happy with a point and what sounds like a good performance. Pleased we ended on the ascendancy rather than hanging on.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 17:05:32 »

Massive...Bramall Lane is the sort of novern outpost where even our decent sides have struggled historically. To come away with a point after going one down suggests the players have the heart for the relegation scrap we are in. It's going to be close, but I am increasingly confident we will have enough to remain competitive towards the end of the season so we should have a fighting chance of avoiding the basement.

-Who am I? Winner gets a prize.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 17:09:50 »

Bloody Tea Kettle. Bet it was never a pen.  Wink

Great result though, I expected a bit of a dicking. Happy for BOO too, deserves it given how hard he's worked recently.  

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 17:16:39 »

Massive...Bramall Lane is the sort of novern outpost where even our decent sides have struggled historically. To come away with a point after going one down suggests the players have the heart for the relegation scrap we are in. It's going to be close, but I am increasingly confident we will have enough to remain competitive towards the end of the season so we should have a fighting chance of avoiding the basement.

-Who am I? Winner gets a prize.

You're learning Chang....I would add that the fact that Shrewsbury showed unexopected signs of life has brought us back closer to the drop zone than what we were at the start of the day, so still plenty of work to do. Hopefully we may get some reinforcements in during this week.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 17:18:06 »

Williams post match interview:

Disappointed not to win
Took an attacking stance
Got young squad that will make mistakes
expected boys to dominate the ball
Expected Sheff Utd would be happy to sit and defend
Give Yaser time and space he can start moves off tempted to change when they put a man on him but he was still getting the ball
Penalty - player was pushed going into the box turnbull stood his ground going into the box and ref gave penalty couldn't argue
players asked to play in the box not cross from byline as sheff utd mop them up all day
BOO - goal has been coming do his confidence good, he had ability to move ball in tight area
Doughtly has quality and is determined to work hard for the team
Didn't enjoy dropping Traore was difficult being first job as manager
Learning on the job of being manager, was clubs decision to appoint him, told he was best and safest option will give his all until told otherwise, enjoyed the performance
Will talk about new players with chairman - don't need many - got to be right type, got to fit into the group, will speak to chairman and bring in more of less players in
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 17:58:08 »

If the player you bet on doesn't make the bench, I think you get your stake back?

My 30/1 treble became a 9/1 double as the Murphy goal was void.

In case anyone cared.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:06:44 »

On train home  & haven't read back but pretty upbeat after that. Thought we bossed the game & 2nd half we were the only team likely to score.  Sheffield are not a particularly good side, well organised and some decent players, but were negative when they went 1 up.  Not sure about the penalty, if anything thought it was outside the box.
Ajose & Obika were well marshaled and I really didn't know where we would find a goal.  Step up BOO, deflected shot 1-1. Nathan could/should have won it for us but slashed his shot wide where he could have taken a touch.  Happy with a draw and a decent performance.
Hope the guy who fell and hit his head is ok, looked nasty
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:08:12 »

Gritty, spirited performance, never stopped trying and fully deserved the point. boo was great, not just the goal but also the level of his contribution, haven't seen us for a couple of months and what struck me was how he was always making himself available and wanting the ball. Yas at times looked approaching last season's form, launching a lot of our attacks. Obika, didn't get much opportunity today but put in a shift. Special mention to Branco, great watching his battle with Billy Sharp, especially the dirty niggly bits and Rossi got the better of him in the end. As for the "massive" club we were playing, couldn't believe how little they offered. Their whole strategy after they went ahead was to sit back and do nothing. They were so deep at times they looked like the away team. Weird how things come full circle, it's exactly one year since the corresponding fixture last season at brammall lane, today's match played itself out in fairly similar fashion but we got something out of it this time around. We're broadly halfway between the playoffs and relegation, think we should be looking up the table rather than over our shoulders for the remainder of the season. Time to get off the train now, too many moaning blades ha ha!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:12:49 »

Thanks WYR.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:13:52 »

Bloody Tea Kettle. Bet it was never a pen.  Wink

Great result though, I expected a bit of a dicking. Happy for BOO too, deserves it given how hard he's worked recently. 

I'm sure you post things like this just to encourage Talk Talk, don't you? Smiley
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, January 23, 2016, 18:16:32 »

BOO could become our next Byrne.
When Byrne first arrived he was being used as a right back and was pretty useless there to be honest, but he moved to wing back and developed into a great player. BOO is going the same way and with a bit of luck, could be just as effective as Byrne was.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: