Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe Alexandra v Swindon Town  (Read 39442 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:26:28 »

Would have been good to get 3 points today, but at least it stops the run of away defeats and we also didn't concede.

What was Stephens' second yellow for?

Kicking the ball in frustration out of the ground.
Really daft as the Ref was book happy.

Cooper will be forced into changes on Tuesday by that and Louis' injury, but if I were him I'd start Obika or Hylton alongside Williams instead of Smith (I'm not him though and he probably won't!)

Preston are definitely the in form team, but I wonder whether they can sustain it.  Franchise are as wobbly as us.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:39:14 »

You're having a bit of a 'mare tonight Duke  Cool
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:46:15 »

Probably the least likely scoreline for a game between us and Crewe....still another point towards getting a PO spot.

Measured post with us an absolute country mile (1 point) off 2nd and just about clinging on (by 16 points) to a play off spot.

Happy with an away point, 3 points against Gillingham on Tuesday and it'll have been a very good week.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:48:12 »

Measured post with us an absolute country mile (1 point) off 2nd and just about clinging on (by 16 points) to a play off spot.

Happy with an away point, 3 points against Gillingham on Tuesday and it'll have been a very good week.

Yeah but the table is his opinion and that's what forums are for innit. Nothing factual about league tables.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:53:38 »

Stop trolling, Reg.  It's fucking tedious.
To be fair, the first aim for any team has to be 'avoid relegation' which by any stretch of even the most negative imaginations, we've done.

The next aim has to be securing a place in the the Play Offs (which is where we are at now) and once that has been achieved, you look at Auto's.

Also, in the interests of fairness, it should be pointed out that Reg is a WUM  Wink
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:55:19 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #185 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:54:56 »

Tis a great season. If we cannot attain 2nd it is imperative we get 3rd - the also ran that will get 6th should be a pushover.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #186 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:59:02 »

Not a bad result. Stops a run of 3 away defeats and given the Keystone Kop defending recently a very welcome clean sheet. Pikeys 7 game unbeaten run came to an end today so looking forward to their Cup Final. Would be good if McHale could come back to be introduced to the crowd. 
kerry red

« Reply #187 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:03:14 »

I expect STFC catering are busy baking a few hedgehogs for our visitors on Tuesday
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:10:23 »

I expect STFC catering are busy baking a few hedgehogs for our visitors on Tuesday

Think hedgehogs are endangered nowadays....but we're getting a few packs of these.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:10:36 »

Back home after an enjoyable day out in Crewe with the London Reds.

Quite how the ref gave 11 yellows and 2 reds is beyond me.

Fairly even game, Wes didn't have a save to make and Crewe blocked a lot of our shots meaning we had few clear cut opportunities.

Stephens second yellow retarded.

Not a bad performance, luongo probably shaded it for man of the match. Things not happening for Williams and smith currently

Looking forward to Gills at home, hoping we click and another 3 points on the board.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:10:56 »

Sorry I don't do personal abuse....if you want to argue why you think this isn't a point towards a PO place, then I'm all ears.
It's a very negative way of looking at things. Quite simply if you're 2 points off 2nd going into today's game and you're worrying about how many points clear you are of seventh then your mentality is totally wrong in the first place.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:12:08 »

It's a very negative way of looking at things. Quite simply if you're 2 points off 2nd going into today's game and you're worrying about how many points clear you are of seventh then your mentality is totally wrong in the first place.
Not really, see my previous post.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:21:50 »

Not really, see my previous post.
Ha ha. If Cooper's team talk consisted of telling the players to worry about what's behind them in the table I'd be extremely surprised.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:23:37 »

I'm a Swindon fan....my mentality has been formed by years of practice, 7 games ago we were top with a 6 point gap to 3rd, now we're 4th.  OK, nothing is set in stone and history doesn't necessarily repeat itself, but I see little realistic point in thinking any of this indicating we can sustain an auto push, so PO's seem a more realistic prospect...and as we know get there and anything can happen.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:36:25 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:34:51 »

Tis a great season. If we cannot attain 2nd it is imperative we get 3rd - the also ran that will get 6th should be a pushover.
Not necessarily. If 6th spot is secured by a team with a late surge then they will have impetus and confidence. Play offs are 3 cup ties and as we all know, anything can (and does) happen in cup games.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: