Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe Alexandra v Swindon Town  (Read 38798 times)
brocklesby red

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 07:26:00 »

Cut out the silly mistakes at the back and I'm Confident  that we'll have too much up front for Crewe. 3-1 win Williams,Obika and Luongo.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 07:54:30 »

I miss Shaw Rosso's opening posts.  And Jed giving it some RRROOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR at 5.30am on Twitter.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 08:14:11 »

Come on you Spartans, let's do this.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 08:21:56 »

Clem from FLS is at the game today, usually results in an away win. I'm going to go 3-0 convincing win from us with goals from: Toffolo (at last), Smith and Louis Thompson. COYR
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 08:27:12 »

I'm going so we won't win. That said my last away trip was Luton in the Carling Cup which we won, but today i fancy an entertaining draw 2-2

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 08:32:53 »

I miss Shaw Rosso's opening posts.  And Jed giving it some RRROOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR at 5.30am on Twitter.

I don't. Cringeworthy, both of them.
kerry red

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 08:40:11 »

Feeling confident after Tuesday.

Can see Branco on the bench, Stephens CB and Kasim back in midfield.

0-2
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 08:41:09 »

I liked SR's little write ups to be fair - I hope he's OK.

The usual from me -

2-0 scored by the Generic Duo.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 08:58:11 »

Great bit of publicity from Radio Wiltshire this morning when the presenter interviewed a Crewe supporter and in his introduction said that Swindon need to arrest their wretched away form which has resulted in just TWO away wins all season!!  Said Crewe supporter expressed amazement at that which means that both interviewer and supporter were not aware of their facts!!  Will they be the next to be banned from the CG!!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 09:16:41 »

I just did a Baker & Kelly style toaster prediction. I pressed both handles down simultaneously, both slots were set on '4' and yet the right hand slot, representing the away team i.e. Swindon, popped up after about 5 seconds whilst the other stayed down for the normal 3 minutes. There can be no scientific explanation for this. It has to mean we're going to win.

The toaster has spoken  Cool

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 12:23:35 »

Clem from FLS is at the game today, usually results in an away win. I'm going to go 3-0 convincing win from us with goals from: Toffolo (at last), Smith and Louis Thompson. COYR

Clem is presenting the Conference game between Eastleigh and Macclesfield at the moment on BT Sport. He's going to have to go some to get there for 3.00pm!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 12:33:18 »

Kind of match related. In recent games I've noticed when we have a goal kick on occasion NT stays on the edge of the area, and everyone else pushes on to half way. But usually there is a striker standing next to him so Wes can't give him the ball.

I wondered if any of the coaches/arm chair experts could enlighten me as to why. There has to be a reason, I just can't see what it is.
-----
Difficult one today, I guess a draw wouldn't be a bad result, but a win is needed to restore the belief we are over our blip.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 12:48:05 »

Kind of match related. In recent games I've noticed when we have a goal kick on occasion NT stays on the edge of the area, and everyone else pushes on to half way. But usually there is a striker standing next to him so Wes can't give him the ball.

I wondered if any of the coaches/arm chair experts could enlighten me as to why. There has to be a reason, I just can't see what it is.
When a goal kick is being taken, most of the players are stood in the middle of the pitch, by Thompson standing on the edge of the box and being marked, he's pulling one of their men out too, so it's creating just a little more space for our Midfield players should they receive the ball, and one less player able to tackle them.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 12:51:48 »

I can't see the other top 4 sides dropping points today. If we play like we did in the 1st half v Bradford we'll win easily. Play like we did in the 2nd half and we'll lose. Crewe play it on the deck, which is a bonus.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 12:56:50 »

When a goal kick is being taken, most of the players are stood in the middle of the pitch, by Thompson standing on the edge of the box and being marked, he's pulling one of their men out too, so it's creating just a little more space for our Midfield players should they receive the ball, and one less player able to tackle them.

Makes sense! I noticed we pushed Branco up onto the right hand side to win headers from goal kicks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: