Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest  (Read 34673 times)
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 19:49:18 »

We WANT our Swindon back.

I am sure that is what everyone wants. But it won't happen unless owned by the supporters .
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 20:17:35 »

If the Trust wasn't an extension of the ownership, they'd have recognised the part they'd played in this disaster, called an EGM, cleared the decks and got in a position to apply pressure on Morfuni whilst he is here in the UK for the next few weeks.

As it is, most of them are on their valedictory lap on social media, with everyone telling them what a great job they did.

Clem has understood the power of PR in a way his predecessor never did. Staying close to the Trust, appointing Angus, bringing Don Rogers in, Michael Doughty, pulling pints etc etc. Most fans who don't dwell in the darker corners of Companies House or the Advisory Board minutes don't have a clue what is going on, who Zav Austin is and so on.

I honestly think our goose is cooked this time.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 20:17:46 »

I am sure that is what everyone wants. But it won't happen unless owned by the supporters .

Realistically, unless it got to the point of liquidation and starting from scratch I can't see that happening.

We also shouldn't be ignoring that fact that our club is being destroyed yet again
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 20:21:51 »

If the Trust wasn't an extension of the ownership, they'd have recognised the part they'd played in this disaster, called an EGM, cleared the decks and got in a position to apply pressure on Morfuni whilst he is here in the UK for the next few weeks.

As it is, most of them are on their valedictory lap on social media, with everyone telling them what a great job they did.

Clem has understood the power of PR in a way his predecessor never did. Staying close to the Trust, appointing Angus, bringing Don Rogers in, Michael Doughty, pulling pints etc etc. Most fans who don't dwell in the darker corners of Companies House or the Advisory Board minutes don't have a clue what is going on, who Zav Austin is and so on.

I honestly think our goose is cooked this time.

Agreed the trust can't and won't get involved which is sad. There are enough pod costs out there with enough followers to start organising the masses though.

Based on the good pr clem did though on your list, Angus gone, doughty gone. Is beyond Don Rogers remit as a swindon fan to speak against the club?

Assuming Rob is tied up with nda's

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 20:37:38 »

Fans could always try throwing Tennis Balls onto the pitch like Reading do😁

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 20:38:34 »

We could always try throwing Tennis Balls onto the pitch like Reading do😁

It's makes the news.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 20:40:23 »

It's makes the news.

Peaceful as well

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 20:45:34 »

Peaceful as well

Stfc fans, "have you got the balls", stand up to corruption ownership
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 20:47:06 »

Stfc fans, "have you got the balls", stand up to corruption ownership

Already gaining momentum need someone graphic/designer to print some posters to hand around!

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 20:49:43 by Jimmy HaveHave » Logged

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 20:49:06 »

Or boomerangs. Only problem is that they'd fly back and whack people in the face!

Maybe toy koalas/kangaroos. That would get noticed by the Australian press, surely?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 20:52:17 »

Or boomerangs. Only problem is that they'd fly back and whack people in the face!

Maybe toy koalas/kangaroos. That would get noticed by the Australian press, surely?

Is there a Ned Clemmy pun…? Maybe… or maybe not!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 20:56:21 »

I think I've still got my orange hat somewhere
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 21:03:30 »

How many tennis balls would you need 🤷‍♂️ I'd put £££ in for a bulk buy or towards some clem banners
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 21:35:08 »

Simple way to protest is simply don't attend the next home game. And possibly the next and next.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 21:40:05 »

Simple way to protest is simply don't attend the next home game. And possibly the next and next.

How will that have any effect? Its avoiding the issues and giving clem a free ride.

Long term it will effect the clubs finances- would it force the owners hands to sell? Possibly. But it would also fuck the club up even more. Owners like this need telling and change to be forced.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: