Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nottin Hill Carnival  (Read 4497 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 17:12:40 »

White riot, I wanna riot.
Dazzza

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 17:21:35 »

The ratio of arrests V’s the estimated attendance at the carnival is actually less than the Leeds / Reading festival also held this weekend.  

When you consider that the carnival is a free event while Leeds / Reading is a fairly pricey all ticket affair it puts some perspective on it all.

At the end of the day you'll always attract an element at these sorts of shindigs especially when open to the masses but I do have to agree with the sentiment that the publicity even fairly minor misdemeanours at football attracts is out of perspective.

Lumps

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 17:41:01 »

Lumpy, I do love your replies, you obviously have more time on your hands than I do.

Just to clarify. I was referring to report in one of the free London papers last night, which although its not the most reliable source, is well read. They said that the total number of arrests was 330 including a dozen who were in the detained group at Oval.  If you've spent the time and effort to find more accurate fuigures then fair play, I'll accept them. No arguement.

Unfortunatley the rest of the post was rubbish.  I didn't see or hear anything about the Rangers so can't comment. Sorry I missed that one.

Notting Hill Carnival, may well have its roots in the immigrant community but these days its heavily proted as a "multi-cultural event for all of Londons diverse communities" Perhaps you can explain to me why most of the trouble come from one particular group?

I'm not trying to sell anything Lumpy. I just see people making excuses for bad behaviour becuase its their culture, innit

Roll Eyes

I note that despite the fact my answers to your rather pathetic shit stirring are "rubbish" you don't seem able to counter them in any way. The facts are still that 190 odd arrests and 330 reported incidents out of a population of 1 milllion is not a terrible statistic.

And your stupid racial profiling, yeah that gang of youth chucking stuff at the police was mainly black, but as I said in my post that gangs of Rangers fans chucking stuff at police in Manchester around the UEFA cup final were pretty much all white. So fucking what?

The gang detained at the Oval on police intelligence were mainly black, but the groups of football hooligans detained or prevented from travelling before every England international are almost all white. Again so fucking what?

The racial profile of the rest of the arrests I've no idea about, or for that matter the racial mix of the attenance at carnival, although I'd be willing to bet that there's a higher proportion of black people there then in the general population.

And you don't know either, you're just making assumptions that "all the trouble" came from black people. If you've got anything to back that up please post it otherwise shut the fuck up.
dell boy

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 17:48:16 »

Lumps, with your post in mind you can equal up the problems between white and black youths very adequately.

The truth is we have a major problem with the youth element in the London boroughs, if that be knife crimes, drugs, robberies etc.

If you care to study these figures the main problem is black youths, now I'm not trying to be racist and please do not think I'm another Ironside.

If you believe the news broadcasts, the paper reports ... proportionally who is the major problem at the moment? They are obviously not the only element but they far outway any other.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 17:51:40 »

I note that despite the fact my answers to your rather pathetic shit stirring are "rubbish" you don't seem able to counter them in any way. The facts are still that 190 odd arrests and 330 reported incidents out of a population of 1 milllion is not a terrible statistic.

And your stupid racial profiling, yeah that gang of youth chucking stuff at the police was mainly black, but as I said in my post that gangs of Rangers fans chucking stuff at police in Manchester around the UEFA cup final were pretty much all white. So fucking what?

Who said anything about their race Lumps? My first post didn't mention it. Could you be imagining things?  You jumped on the race thing, not me sweetheart!

The gang detained at the Oval on police intelligence were mainly black, but the groups of football hooligans detained or prevented from travelling before every England international are almost all white. Again so fucking what?

Fair point. It doesn't make the behaviour of either group acceptable in way, shape or form though does it? (Now I get the Rangers references btw.)

The racial profile of the rest of the arrests I've no idea about, or for that matter the racial mix of the attenance at carnival, although I'd be willing to bet that there's a higher proportion of black people there then in the general population.

And you don't know either, you're just making assumptions that "all the trouble" came from black people. If you've got anything to back that up please post it otherwise shut the fuck up.
I was there Lumpy and so I saw it first hand, I suppose I should shut the fuck up because you obviously know better than I do, even though you weren't there yourself...Genius!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 17:54:59 by Ironside » Logged

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 18:00:59 »

Did you have a good time Ironside Cheesy
flammableBen

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 18:23:31 »

I was there Lumpy and so I saw it first hand, I suppose I should shut the fuck up because you obviously know better than I do, even though you weren't there yourself...Genius!

wrong and right about what?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 18:24:30 »

black or white the majority of crime is linked to poverty, it just so happens that a huge % of the poor in this country are non-white.
Lumps

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 18:31:08 »

Fuck me so in a crowd of 1m people you were present for all 180 odd arrests and noted the race of all of them. What are the fucking odds of that? I can't explain how you then got all confused and thought there were over 300 arrests, but hey!

Or do you mean that actually what you were witness to was the running battle in Ladbroke Grove, which is all over the news and AS I ALREADY SAID was clearly with 40 odd black youth. If so you are generalising just like I said you were in the last post, because you said that ALL the trouble is from black youth, and there are over 140 arrests and nearly 300 reported crimes that you don't have any information about..

dell boy

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 18:33:24 »

black or white the majority of crime is linked to poverty, it just so happens that a huge % of the poor in this country are non-white.

We are talking about London - how do you class poor?
Not working?
No parental care?
Always have a nice jacket and good pair of trainers?
I'm poor so I'll carry a knife?

Probably very bad examples I know.

We are not talking about a west country, east anglian, southern coast region here, we are talking about London.

You have to live there to realise what I'm talking about, and I do for many weeks each year. God help those who have to live there all the time.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 18:35:20 »

and the majority of people who live in the poorest parts of london or birmingham or manchester are ethnic minorities. white flight started at the turn of the twentieth century with the irish and was continued with the caribean and asian communites
dell boy

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 18:37:29 »

and the majority of people who live in the poorest parts of london or birmingham or manchester are ethnic minorities. white flight started at the turn of the twentieth century with the irish and was continued with the caribean and asian communites

London is a hell of a lot different from Manchester and Birmingham I can tell you.
flammableBen

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 18:39:55 »

London is a hell of a lot different from Manchester and Birmingham I can tell you.

Well go on then Mr. Expert. Tell us. Explain the different demographics regarding poverty, and how London differs to other high population urban areas.
billy the fish

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 18:43:59 »

Well go on then Mr. Expert. Tell us. Explain the different demographics regarding poverty, and how London differs to other high population urban areas.
London's got a QUEEN Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

REFUGEE FROM THISIS SITE
dell boy

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 18:46:49 »

No expert, lived in all three regions in my life, London is completely different to the other two.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: