Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nottin Hill Carnival  (Read 4552 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 13:12:57 »

If it was a white carnival you would not comment.

Take your biggoted views and shove them up jim brannings ass
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 13:53:57 »

If it was a white carnival you would not comment.

Take your biggoted views and shove them up jim brannings ass

I would comment if it was a "white Carnival" (Whatever one of them is?).

Just because they're ethnic, it doesn't excuse anti-social behaviour.  Take you un-informed views and shove them up your own arse!

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 14:01:12 »

Here we go again  Roll Eyes
Lumps

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 14:03:47 »

330 Arrests at the Carnival. Actually there were 330 people detained including the ones at the Oval Tube, you're double counting here for effect. There were actually 197 arrests - including 59 for drug offences, 25 for carrying an offensive weapon, 40 public order offences, 18 for assault, 11 for theft, seven for drunken behaviour, two sexual offences and two for robbery. This in a crowd of 850,000 to 1,000,000,000, which was policed heavily and made a great use of stop and search powers. Fuck me if you managed to scrap together a couple of thousand of your knuckle dragging BNP mates and stopped and searched anyone looking like trouble out of that lot you'd get that number of arrests on weapons offences alone

180 detained at Oval on their way to the carnival (all tooled up I might add) But you'd add it entirely erroneously as out of that 180, 151 were taken in and presumably searched and only 7 were arrested. So they let 144 go despite them being armned to the teeth I suppose? Or did you just make it up because it fitted with the "violent knife wielding niggers" stereotype you're so desperately trying to sell?

AND a fucking riot. A stand off with about 40 youths. Call it a riot if you like I suppose, those were 40 public order offences. But I've lost count of the number of times I've seen news footage of drunken youths pelting the police with bottles before and after football matches or in provincial town and city centres on an average weekend after the pubs kick out. Didn't notice many black faces supporting Rangers a couple of weeks ago, but plenty of bone head idiots and didn't notice your posts decrying that behaviour at the time. Doesn't fit with your message of racial armeggeddon though does it?

Yes, a great example of multicultural enrichment....

Basically the equivalent of about 12% of the population of Greater London attended this event each day, in an environment that attracted a whole load of police attention and widespread use of stop and search powers, and there were less than 200 arrests. The copper in charge Chief Insp Jo Edwards was quoted as saying: "The number of arrests is up on last year, but that is predominantly because of proactive policing."

Even if you forget all that, the number of crimes reported at carnival, about 330, for a population of about 1 million is hardly out of line for the Greater London average. There are about 875,000 reported crimes PA in GL. That's an average of 2,400ish a day. Over 2 days of carnival we're therefore looking at expected reported crime figures of about 288 a day or 576 over the two days.

You got 330. You're inventing a story to fit your own prejudices and to provide you with an an opportunity to peddle your ridiculous "race war" bullshit.

You're wrong. Again. It's getting boring now. You make this too easy.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 14:24:19 »

I went a few years back,twas alright but I wouldnt bother again.

/
W56196272
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 15:10:01 »

why does lumps always write what im thinking? Lumps I would like to thank you for the countless occasions your replies have saved me the bother, keep up the fight against ignorance and bigotory.
Lumps

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 15:27:47 »

why does lumps always write what im thinking?

Because I'm in your brain stealing your thoughts and giving them life! Evil
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 15:32:35 »

Basically the equivalent of about 12% of the population of Greater London attended this event each day, in an environment that attracted a whole load of police attention and widespread use of stop and search powers, and there were less than 200 arrests. The copper in charge Chief Insp Jo Edwards was quoted as saying: "The number of arrests is up on last year, but that is predominantly because of proactive policing."

Even if you forget all that, the number of crimes reported at carnival, about 330, for a population of about 1 million is hardly out of line for the Greater London average. There are about 875,000 reported crimes PA in GL. That's an average of 2,400ish a day. Over 2 days of carnival we're therefore looking at expected reported crime figures of about 288 a day or 576 over the two days.

You got 330. You're inventing a story to fit your own prejudices and to provide you with an an opportunity to peddle your ridiculous "race war" bullshit.

You're wrong. Again. It's getting boring now. You make this too easy.

Lumpy, I do love your replies, you obviously have more time on your hands than I do.

Just to clarify. I was referring to report in one of the free London papers last night, which although its not the most reliable source, is well read. They said that the total number of arrests was 330 including a dozen who were in the detained group at Oval.  If you've spent the time and effort to find more accurate fuigures then fair play, I'll accept them. No arguement.

Unfortunatley the rest of the post was rubbish.  I didn't see or hear anything about the Rangers so can't comment. Sorry I missed that one.

Notting Hill Carnival, may well have its roots in the immigrant community but these days its heavily proted as a "multi-cultural event for all of Londons diverse communities" Perhaps you can explain to me why most of the trouble come from one particular group?

I'm not trying to sell anything Lumpy. I just see people making excuses for bad behaviour becuase its their culture, innit

Roll Eyes

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Dazzza

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 15:34:50 »

Because I'm in your brain stealing your thoughts and giving them life! Evil

Careful Lumps another music mogul did that and look what happened.

[url width=372 height=192]http://shinymedia.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/king.jpg[/url]

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 15:36:21 »

189 of the arrests were white men.
Dazzza

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 15:40:40 »

189 of the arrests were white men.

Who can't jump.

The fence.

Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 16:06:01 »

The point I was trying to make perhaps badly was not about black white pink yellow or blue fuckers I am to old and busy to agrue about that and don't care. What I was trying to get at was that if this was a football match then the the country would be in uproar and condeming everyone, I would refer you to the Rangers coverage following their actions in Manchester. It just seems to me that the moment you become a football fan you become a danger to everyone and the police can do what they like and the press vilafi you. However if you all want to bang on about race then carry on but you'll not drag me into it.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 16:08:27 by Gazza's Fat Mate » Logged

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 16:17:20 »

It's my village carnival soon.

No arrests last year.............

It's All Good..............

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 16:25:54 »

in an event of that size arrests are inevitable.could have all been white brits and it would have been similar.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 16:31:45 »

That's what I thought arriba, but there wasn't one.

A few hundred pissed up yokels but not one arrest. Amazing eh?

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: