Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 258977 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1710 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 08:25:28 »

But not as bad as super seriously gutted.

I don't want to think about such kind of disappointment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1711 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 08:27:29 »

You can't imagine is. It's like trying to imagine how having 1000 red hot needles being poked down your Japs eye feels like. However bad you think it feels, it'll be worse in reality.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1712 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 08:29:10 »

You can't imagine is. It's like trying to imagine how having 1000 red hot needles being poked down your Japs eye feels like. However bad you think it feels, it'll be worse in reality.

Pffft, don't knock 'til you've tried it.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1713 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 08:30:51 »

I'd quite like Hockaday. No idea why, just have a feeling he'd do a good job here. Would be nice if the fans could get behind him though, although if we can't get behind someone who played nearly 300 games for us I'd seriously start to worry!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1714 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 08:48:49 »

I'd quite like Hockaday. No idea why, just have a feeling he'd do a good job here. Would be nice if the fans could get behind him though, although if we can't get behind someone who played nearly 300 games for us I'd seriously start to worry!

What's a playing record got to do with anything? That's no reason to appoint someone as manager at all.

Don't get me wrong, I am being negaive about the possibility but I wouldn't be on the mans back. You never know it may work out.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1715 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 09:50:24 »

Everyone was excited about Wise because he was a decent player, same with Hoddle, Macari etc...

It counts for some obviously.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #1716 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 09:54:46 »

Gary speed again then according to the adver:

Speed linked again as fans wait announcement on Town job
9:49am Friday 19th December 2008

Comments (0)   Have your say »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/3990095.Speed_linked_again_as_fans_wait_announcement_on_Town_job/

SWINDON Town are poised to make announcement about their new manager today with latest reports heavily linking Sheffield United's Gary Speed to the post.

Mystery surrounded a possible appointment yesterday after tipped front runner Richard Money played down reports linking him to the job.

Speed's name has continued to be linked to Swindon along with the likes of Money, Colin Calderwood and David Hockaday despite Town chairman Andrew Fitton hinting such an appointment was unlikely because of the Sheffield United man's desire to continue his playing career.

However, Speed's playing days now appear numbered after the Blades confirmed he needs a career-threatening operation on his injured back.

And Sheffield United boss Kevin Blackwell hinted Speed could now be destined for the County Ground saying: "Gary's season is finished. It could be a career threatening injury and Gary may now decide that is it.

"But Gary is in a lucky position and has options on his table."

Speed is likely to be one of the highest wage earners at Bramhall Lane and Sheffield United could be tempted to offload him in order to bring in a suitable replacement.

Town meanwhile remain tight-lipped on the matter, refusing to comment on any speculation and confirming only that an announcement would be made today.

Town's silence could mean they have hit a last-minute hitch in their hunt to get their new man in place.

STAY LOGGED ON TO THE SWINDON ADVERTISER WEBSITE TO KEEP UP TO DATE WITH ALL THE BREAKING NEWS ON TOWN'S NEXT MANAGER

Rich Pullen

« Reply #1717 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 09:58:04 »

I can absolutely guarentee that if Gary Speed is appointed the masses will be happy, although he has far less experience than Hockaday as a coach. Pretty much what Tails is talking about.

But Gary Speed is a "television" player, I imagine the likes of Simon Cox would relish the chance of working alongside a Premiership name, as opposed to someone like Hockaday or even Money.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1718 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:03:35 »

I think the Adver's wild speculation is nearly as bad as half of the drivel we've had on here. I'm guessing they've seen the Beeb's story about Speed's injury and coupled with the delayed announcement they've put 2+2 together and come up with 9.782421.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1719 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:07:04 »

I think the Adver's wild speculation is nearly as bad as half of the drivel we've had on here. I'm guessing they've seen the Beeb's story about Speed's injury and coupled with the delayed announcement they've put 2+2 together and come up with 9.782421.

...and at least there's a degree of tongue-and-cheek on here.

You're right of course, especially as that article hasn't even got an author - probably because they're just as dazed & confused as the rest of us.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1720 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:08:42 »

And there better be an announcement soon because I've done fuck all work since Monday.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #1721 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:09:41 »

Everytime someone here starts a new thread with someone else's name linked to the job, the Adver produce a story along the same lines.  It was Gary Speed this morning.

I'd personally be happy with any of the names linked but I'm actually starting to warm to the idea of Hockaday coming.  I think he's got all the backroom pedigree that's needed and I can't imagine that day to day, running the YTS lads would be much different from the 1st team.  He still has to get results.

oh well, waiting goes on...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1722 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:10:47 »

And there better be an announcement soon because I've done fuck all work since Monday.

You and me both.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1723 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:17:17 »

Speed future in doubt
Posted on: Thu 18 Dec 2008

Sheffield United will not stand in Gary Speed's way if he decides to take up a coaching or managerial role elsewhere.

The Welsh International faces a back operation on a bulging disc before Christmas and could be out for the season - as is Derek Geary who has had a knee operation.

Speed is being strongly linked with the Swindon managerial position and Kevin Blackwell has so much respect for Speed that he will not stand in his way if he was lured away:

"There has been contact from Swindon with Gary and I have told him that whatever he does is fine by me. He is injured at the moment, could face a long rehabilitation and is 39 years of age, but he has options on the table.

"Ideally he would like to stay and learn more about the management role from the likes of Sam Ellis and myself.

"We have allowed him to do some coaching, both on the training field and at pitchside, and he has been included in various meetings because he has ability and can contribute.

http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/PlayerFeatures/0,,10418~1492934,00.html
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1724 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:18:36 »

Thats the first official posting then.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: