Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ectopic Pregnancy & Abortion  (Read 2827 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, March 30, 2008, 16:51:38 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
Personally, I'm against abortion.

Reading this post has actually given me a moral dilemma, I'm stumped as to what I would do in this situation.

I can understand your predicament, it must be very difficult.

Not specifically picking on you Sam, but there is no dilemma to be had. An ectopic pregnancy is essentially the scenario when the fertilised embryo attaches itself to the fallopian tube and starts to grow there, rather than the uterus. Quite how and why it does that is unknown, but that is the basic and most common scenario. If undiagnosed and left untreated, it will cause severe internal bleeding and is potentially fatal for the mother. Its not a viable pregnancy anyway, so IMO (and that of many experts), termination of such a pregnancy is not an abortion.

I know you weren't after sympathy BR, but you have mine. My wife and I have experienced two ourselves, one of which required my wife to have emergency surgery and an overnight hospital stay. Not a pleasant experience. Good luck, and I hope all works out for you both.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, March 30, 2008, 20:16:03 »

BR, I concur with Pumbaa, and wish you and your wife all the best.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 09:16:39 »

I'm against terminating a baby through choice as it were, I think people should be responsible for their actions, although certain events obviously effect my moral high ground (rape for example, emotionally could be too tough for mother and little one).

However on health grounds I think that, as others have said, there's no decision to be made.  There's no point in continuing a pregnancy that will endanger the life of the mother and baby, as sad as id sounds.

No matter how many people agree with the decision, I'm sure it won't help making your Mrs feel any better about it, just wish you all the best when you get around to giving it another go mate!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: