Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ectopic Pregnancy & Abortion  (Read 2845 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 20:22:25 »

Fuck me my posts ain't half been cheerfull of late innit, apologies for that

But anyway my better half has for the second time been told that she has an ectopic pregnancy. She is feeling a tad guilty about having to have it aborted (For the second time) which is understandable really.

I was not with the misses at the time, and apparently the Doctor gave her no direct advice apart from that there is a 10% chance that all will be OK, which tells me that there is a 90% chance of something going horribly wrong. Therefore I have advised her to get an abortion, I honestly think that I am doing the right thing in doing that.

I know that it may possibly be a tad personal for some but has anybody else here shared the dilema?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 20:51:08 »

To answer my own post it is a bit of a non-argument really.

I have done a bit of web surfing and ectopic pregnancies are generally considered as "False pregnancies" and so the "Treatment" is not considered an abortion. There is barely any moral issue behind it either.

I have done some googly searches over the last half hour and apparently abortion (Of any description), and apparently about 80 Women have died in Nicaragua because they where not allowed to terminate their ectopic pregnancy.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 20:56:53 »

Sorry to hear about that BR  Sad

Things get better but they never get good
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 21:08:28 »

doesn't really sound like there is a decision to be made. sad though.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 21:09:45 »

Cheers Dave but my post was not intended that way, I was looking more for opinion than sympathy. Regardless your sentiments are appreciated.

But really what are others thoughts?, as I said my wife is a bit down in the dumps because she feels guilty, but personally I consider it to be a medical situation, after all we where not planning for the kid. If that sounds insensitive it is because I don't quite know how to explain it.

So where should the line be drawn between abortion and "Treatment" in both the moral and legal sense? What if a woman was made pregnant through rape for example, should she be made to carry that child?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 21:13:12 »

in my opinion a woman has the right to have an abortion no matter how how she became pregnant.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 21:14:22 »

It sounds like common sense really, if she was likely to die then its for the best really. Abortion is a messy issue though, and i don't really know what to think on the matter.

Things get better but they never get good
Sussex

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 21:16:57 »

Just my personal opinion, but if your wifes life is going to be put in danger.. Sad and horrible, but it sounds like you've come to the right conclusion.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 21:34:19 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
Cheers Dave but my post was not intended that way, I was looking more for opinion than sympathy. Regardless your sentiments are appreciated.

But really what are others thoughts?, as I said my wife is a bit down in the dumps because she feels guilty, but personally I consider it to be a medical situation, after all we where not planning for the kid. If that sounds insensitive it is because I don't quite know how to explain it.

So where should the line be drawn between abortion and "Treatment" in both the moral and legal sense? What if a woman was made pregnant through rape for example, should she be made to carry that child?

Firstly it doesn't sound like it has been a rash decision and you have done it for the right reasons.

It's probably better not to think about things too much. Every situation is different after all. I know it's a completely different thing but people put down their pets all of the time - they do it for the right reasons. In the right circumstances I don't think abortion is wrong at all.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 22:12:58 »

Its a very personal thing RED and every person on here will probably have a different opinion,so its down to your judgement....best wishes.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 22:24:24 »

Personally, I'm against abortion.

Reading this post has actually given me a moral dilemma, I'm stumped as to what I would do in this situation.

I can understand your predicament, it must be very difficult.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 22:58:30 »

A close friend of mine had an eptopic pregnancy. Rather than say she had the baby aborted id rather think of her as misscarrying.  She never had a choice as she was rushed into hospital and was in serious danger of losing her own life. Still doesnt make the hurt go away though... i hope you work through things dude and your lady gets through it!

As for abortion... when i was 18 i thought i was against it...so chose to have my baby when i fell pregnant (i was in a long term relationship and used contraceptives!). But if i knew then what i knew now i would not have been against it and would support anyone who chose to abort if it were for the right reasons
That said, i wouldnt be without my son now
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 23:39:19 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

Reading this post has actually given me a moral dilemma, I'm stumped as to what I would do in this situation.

My thoughts exactly - it's a real tough one.

Hope all goes ok BR
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 23:42:35 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"

Hope all goes ok BR

Would you put down a pet if it was going to suffer?

EDIT: I'm not arguing, just interested.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 23:45:52 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Quote from: "reeves4england"

Hope all goes ok BR

Would you put down a pet if it was going to suffer?

EDIT: I'm not arguing, just interested.

I suppose it depends in what way/how much.

As for the pregnancy, I see both sides of the argument and honestly don't think I could decide either way until I was put into that situation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: