Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38563 times)
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:12:05 »

Didn't you read this bit?

I did but the subs were down to the manager so that sentence is bollocks as well.

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:15:30 by random_five » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #136 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:13:05 »

At 3-1 we were obviously still in it, we were playing better than them but defensively we were terrible at times, Lancashire and Dunne the worst culprits.

What he did with Woolery left a sour taste in the mouth for me.

Richards led the line really well, chased everything down and took both his goals so well, he has a scorers instict, hes no target man though, but then again neither is Norris who wasted a few good chances today again.

Richards celebration was awesome, it really meant a lot to him and he probably doesn't mine being booked.

Preston was again our best defender, Taylor looked good when he came on, for a mostly poor Iandolo.

Gordon cannot defend to save his life, RCC looked fine in goal, banks didn't contribute much but never let us down, looks a solid player.

Anderson ran around a lot, made good runs, a few good passes but cannot pull the trigger when he should, played fairly well though.

Elsnik is a level or 2 above all of our players, he made runs and crosses and shots all game, deserved MoM.

Good result even if not the best performances, we didnt play badly but Robertson and especially Lancashire are both liabilities and we look like conceding when they are being pressed constantly.

Lancashire makes mistakes when under no pressure too, get rid of them both.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:31:25 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:15:57 »

Shall I start the match day thread again?  Smiley
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:16:29 »

Switched the radio off at 1-3. Wildly surprised when I checked in to see what the scathing feedback was going to be.

Ditto
To say I was surprised would be an understatement
 Pint
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:18:40 »

I did but the subs were down to the manager so that sentence is bollocks as well.

Well edited.  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:19:21 »

Well edited.  Wink

Indeed..
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:21:05 »

Think we're two centre halves away from a top 3 side. Lancashire and Robertson aren't up to it in my opinion and may be the reason we have to enter the lottery of the play off's.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:21:57 »

Whats he said on the radio? He been on yet?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:34:00 »

Think we're two centre halves away from a top 3 side. Lancashire and Robertson aren't up to it in my opinion and may be the reason we have to enter the lottery of the play off's.

You may ultimately be proved right, however, there is a long way to go yet. Some teams have not had any kind of wobble, some may be going through one. On top of that as has been said before by others anyone can beat anyone, as evidenced by today’s result. Ok we won but by Christ we came perilously close to snatching a defeat from the jaws of victory. Lastly if, if we can maintain our away form and then kick into gear our home form to a level anyone in the top half of the table would expect, we would well clinch a top three. So for me that’s the comfort blanket of being where we are as a club at our level. You can go up or down. In the PL once you get there is only down with the same old same old every season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:41:59 »

Games like that are why most of us, love lower league football... bonkers.

Flitters is now going to have to put on his thinking cap for Tuesday. We've already been stuffed at Stevenage playing with a back 4, and we know we have lost every mid week league game this season. Stevenage will be right up for it as a chance to get themselves back in the PO hunt. 

As stated a while ago, playing 3 donkey central defenders isn't really what, 3-5-2 is about, its too easy to pick off especially with non defending wing backs... OK it can work for the odd game, if an element of surprise, and the opposition suit, so useful as an option.

I think he'll have to stick with it for Tuesday, given what happened in the cup game.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:44:05 »

Whats he said on the radio? He been on yet?
Still not been on...
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:47:27 »

Papering over the cracks.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:49:21 »

Did they announce the crowd?

It didn't look many more than about 6,000 with about 200 Crewe fans there at most.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:57:11 »

Woolery was tactical then
Peter Venkman

« Reply #149 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 17:59:24 »

Woolery was tactical then
Hmmm could have waited the extra 2 mins and taken him off at half time rather than giving him the embarressment of being a first half substitute IMO.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 18:01:20 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: